Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Something interesting for Chicago people (this also is important for other fools)

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    I was told it was a 4 hour set but I could be wrong

They did it for sure on the mega-epic black album tour. I went to three different shows in two years for that album cycle. Two of them were Metallica only. No openers and a three and a half to a four and a half hour show. Twas very good to be young then.......ahhh the memories........only bad part of it was they weren't allowed to serve any alcohol at the venues I went to because of the Metallica fans throwing botlles and shit on the tour before....
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I was told that was their best show they have put on. Guy that told me this grew up in California and had seen them in clubs and everything. I forget how many times he said he saw them but he said evening with metallica was the best
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    I was told that was their best show they have put on. Guy that told me this grew up in California and had seen them in clubs and everything. I forget how many times he said he saw them but he said evening with metallica was the best

He speaks pure troof, ape. They were in there prime then and the shows were indeed off the chain. They even had a section of seats in the middle of the stage, kinda sunk down floor level looking up at the stage, and played in the round. Made for an awesome night. I beleive the seats in the middle of the stage were referred to as the snake pit.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    apparently my dad went to this and said it was his favorite metallica show out of the 9 times he saw them. im jealous.
    That is why I would have no problem paying 100 a ticket for the show
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2011
    I beleive the seats in the middle of the stage were referred to as the snake pit.
    You are correct sir.

I'm sure they will have a long set because if this is their "production to rival The Wall" tour they probably won't have openers.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    What did the wall tour entail? Specifics please
    They said at the end of last year that they were planning a tour with a whole production and whatever to rival the Wall. That's all they said.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I meant the actual wall tour besides playing the wall in full
    Oh.....you really don't know?

They had a giant wall and a bunch of other theatric shit going on. Roger Waters just did a Wall tour recently and it was a huge production with animation and etc.
    Brian will you be giving me a place to stay for these shows?
    Honestly didn't know, that sounds pretty cool. If Metallica will have a great stage setup then I'll go
    If it was up to me, I'd be totally cool with it, but I don't think my mom would be cool with a random 20+ year old staying here lol
    Maybe if I offer your mother services she would be fine with it
    Hahaha. That just made me lol
    Almost spit up my Dr. Pepper. Damn you Lance from NSYNC, damn you.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Party at Brian's house after Metallica and/or Rammstein? \:D/
    imageimage
    Dr. Pepper? Haven't had one of those in ages
    It's really quite delightful.