Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i still thing they should throw out the instiugator rule... then bitch ass players like Avery and Ott wouldn't be able to get away with 1/2 the garbage they get awat with...

and that would throw all the diving shit out the window too... fuck the refs, the players should be able to police themselves...
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    edited February 2011
    NHL gets its fans from the violence.

they should get rid of that puck over the glass delay of game rule too, fuck dat
    if you're in the defensive zone and youre tryna clear the puck out and put the puck over the glass into the crowd without a deflection, it's a 2minute penalty...
    i know, it happens almost every game i watch. i hate that penalty... and the other one that is annoying is if you highstick someone and there's any amount of blood, it's 4 mins... no blood 2mins... it should be one or the other weather there is blood or not... i mean these dudes have busted up faces, it's very easy for them to open up old cuts...
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    No, the delay of game rule is a good rule. It prevents you from stopping play to clear the puck. I also like the fact that teams can't make a line change when they get called for icing.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    yeah, a few years ago during the lockout, they changed alot of rules, alot of them benifit the game like jay said, but they have a few headscratcher rules in there that they should take a look at and reconsider... i personally hate the fucking shootout. you have a great game, 2 teams fighting head to head, then it just goes to a shootout... fuck that. they should just play 4-4 till someone wins imo... it doesnt help that the flyers have been horrible at the shootout since it started in 2005 either...
    i know, it happens almost every game i watch. i hate that penalty... and the other one that is annoying is if you highstick someone and there's any amount of blood, it's 4 mins... no blood 2mins... it should be one or the other weather there is blood or not... i mean these dudes have busted up faces, it's very easy for them to open up old cuts...
    That rule is to distinguish between incidental and intentional high sticking. It has its flaws, but calling a four minute penalty because a player got hit in the face as a player followed through with his shot is dumb.
    edited February 2011
    The shootout is a crapshoot, and while it's fun to watch, that extra point means a lot when it comes down to playoff rankings and such. I know the NHL has been exploring other ways besides the shootout to get a winner in the regular season, such as 5 minutes of 4-on-4 overtime, then 5 minutes of 3-on-3 overtime. Another good option would be to revamp the point system. 3 points for a win in regulation, 2 for an overtime win, 1 for a shootout win or overtime loss, 0 for a loss in regulation or shootout loss....but that's just me.
    No, the delay of game rule is a good rule. It prevents you from stopping play to clear the puck. I also like the fact that teams can't make a line change when they get called for icing.
    i think the delay one is stupid. most of the time it's an accident anyway, but if the rule wasnt in place, i'm sure players would throw the puck over purposely, it suck especially when it's the end of the game or overtime and the game is close, maybe the refs should be able to judge weather it was an accident or not, idonno..... i also dont like the as soon as the stick breaks slash rule, some of these players have glass sticks... i do like the line change icing one though and also last season they made it so there is no commercial break on an icing so the team cant rest! LESS COMMERCIALS FTW!!!
    i like your idea of the revamp point system \m/
    Yeah, if you take away the delay of game rule, players are going to take advantage of it.
    Yeah, if you take away the delay of game rule, players are going to take advantage of it.
    the puck over the glass rule should be the same as the intenionally knocking the net off the moarings rule or diving... leave it up to the ref to decide weather its intentional or not
    It's pretty hard to get the puck over the boards in your own zone, so if you can get it high enough to go that, it's probably intentional. I don't think a lot of things should be left to the ref's discretion lol. However, they should get rid of the "When the whistle blows, the play is dead" rule and have the option to review it, like if a goalie doesn't have the puck covered and the ref doesn't see the puck and it goes in after he blows the play dead.
    Oh, and they need to get rid of the trapezoid.
    ^totally agree. the whistle blowing rule is ridiculous... it seems like certain teams get the whistle quicker than others too.. *cough*penguins*cough*
    jesus christ, the whole rulebook is fucked up...
    what's the trapezoid?
    the goalie cant enter that lined boxed out area on the corners of the ice
    what's the trapezoid?
    the goalie cant enter that lined boxed out area on the corners of the ice
    if he plays the puck in that zone, it's 2 mins
    the NHL should mimic the olympics, but keep fighting...