Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    That's....dumb.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Your dumb. Im ok with it for now
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    It's a bad deal for Philly. The very article you're linking to explains why. They've just shelled out bad contracts to Streit and now Lecavalier. Good luck with that a few years from now when your good players want contract extensions and a raise.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers

They can go pro. I think it's like the MLB... A&M ha a quarterback recruit who got drafted number 4 overall or something and decided to take the money (couple million) and try his luck at pro baseball

Players who turn 18 by September 15 and are not older than 20 by December 31 are eligible for selection. In addition, non-North American players over the age of 20 are eligible.

A North American player who is not drafted by the age of 20 is an unrestricted free agent. All non-North Americans must be drafted before being signed, regardless of age.

A player not signed by his NHL team within two years of being drafted can re-enter the draft, as long as he is 20 years old or younger at the time of the subsequent draft. Players over 20 become unrestricted free agents.

NCAA players are an exception: NHL teams retain the rights to a college player until 30 days after the player has left college.

A team that does not sign a first-round draft pick is awarded a compensatory pick in a future draft upon losing the rights to that player.

A player who has been drafted a second time cannot re-enter.

ah, alright. thanks. so basically there's no rule like in football that you have to wait till your junior year to go pro (unless you red shirted or something). i heard a couple times over the last couple years during the playoffs about college kids or guys from other teams jumping to the NHL to play while they were still in college or with their team in another league and that had me confused
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    b-(
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    When word started to surface just before the NHL Draft that the Boston Bruins were shopping Tyler Seguin, it was a bit of a shock.

As it turns out, there might have been something to it.

TSN's Darren Dreger reports on Thursday the Bruins and Dallas Stars have completed a blockbuster trade that will send Seguin to the Stars in exchange for a package centered around Loui Eriksson.

According to Dreger, the complete trade is Seguin, Rich Peverley, and Ryan Button to Dallas for Eriksson, Joe Morrow, Reilly Smith, and Matt Fraser.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    The Philadelphia Flyers are reportedly on the verge of signing star center Claude Giroux to a long-term contract extension. Seeing that it's Giroux and the Flyers we're talking about, it's going to be a big one.

Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com reports it's going to be for the max eight years and north of $8 million per season. TSN's Darren Dreger added to that, saying it will be $8.3 million per season or $66.5 million over the eight seasons. Dreger says the deal should be announced in the next day or two.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Giroux is the franchise player. IMO he's taking a pay cut. He's one of the best players in the NHL. Trading seguin away,
    Now that's dumb.
    Lord Jay the hockey god.... Every team makes shitty decicisions except the wings.
    Nah, signing Samuelsson was pretty dumb last year. Holmgren's an idiot because they're already over the cap and they still need to find a goalie. Giroux is still overrated....Datsyuk will be making less than him. At least it's a better deal than giving freaking Letang 8 million a year. =))
    edited July 2013
    Update on Giroux deal: 8 years, $66.2 M ($8.275 M AAV). Includes full NMC.
    Daniel Briere to the Canadiens for 2 years, $8 million.
    Giroux is tops on the league on both sides of the ice. I don't understand how he's overrated, but ok.
    He didn't have a particularly great season. Outside the top 10 in points and a -7. He's a fine player to be sure, but he's not blameless for the nosedive they took this year. I don't blame Philly for making the deal, they had to lock him up long-term, but man, their other moves are puzzling. Giroux isn't the only one who needs a long-term deal really soon, and they're still short on defense and in net.
    Their issue last year was injury. I couldn't even keep up with the team and the minors going up and down. Goalies and defense sucked. Giroux is a star, a guy to build a franchise around. Nothing wrong with signing him long term.
    I said there was no problem with signing him long-term. The problem is with everything else they're doing.
    I disagree, they had to get rid of briers and bryz cause they're past their prime and killing the cap. They have a shit ton of young guys they need leadership and veterans the 2 guys they signed are exactly what this young team needs. And a goalie.... But what else is new.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ray Emery to the Flyers
    edited July 2013
    Stephen Weiss to the Wings for 5 years, $24.5 million. That means Filppula, Brunner, and Cleary are all gone. I'm ok with this though. Love the Alfredsson signing and I'm happy with this one.
    Nathan Horton to the Blue Jackets for 7 years, $37.1 million.

David Clarkson to the Maple Leafs for 7 years.

Mike Ribeiro to the Coyotes for 4 years, $22 million.

Andrew Ference to the Oilers for 4 years, $13 million.

The Predators have reportedly agreed to a four-year contract with wing Viktor Stalberg ($12 million), a two-year deal with center Matt Cullen ($7 million) and a four-year contract with center Matt Hendricks. The Predators also added a potential backup goaltender in Carter Hutton on a one-year, two-way deal.

Rob Scuderi returns to the Pens on a four year deal.

Ryane Clowe to the Devils for 5 years.

Chicago retains Roszival and Handzus.

The Islanders retain Nabokov.