Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    edited June 2013
    Rexum420 said:

Gary said:

Sucks to be a Bruins fan.
    I know what that shit feels like
    When The Giants lost to The Ravens I just sat in the floor with my head between legs
    Shitty ass feeling

From the kickoff? Damn you must have had a sore neck
    No..Actually it was from I Think Jesse Armstead picked off a pass and returned it for a TD and they called defensive holding on the line. I may be wrong about Armstead returning it but I'm pretty sure it was him. Actually there wasn't holding but then again you can call holding on any play but yeah...from that point on I knew it was over..That was rated one of the worst Superbowls ever as far as excitement goes. Game blew...

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    edited June 2013
    so which one of you sorry ass redwings fan deleted my post ;))
    damn im stoned it was just buried i swear i didnt see it =))
    edited June 2013

damn im proud of the team :)>-
    Post edited by FLAT on
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    TheShield said:

What a terrible fucking season. Smh bring on football to get away from the bullshit that the NBA and the NHL brought this year...

Why? Patriots aren't going to do anything with a murdering TE, A TE that is injury prone and retarded, and no Welker. Patriots are fucked son =))
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Wheres my money I called it blackhawks in 6
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    good stanley cup win by the hawks. my main regret is that my power was out last night and i had to listen to the game on my phone. Good season and playoff run by the B's
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Congratulations to the 2013 Stanley cup champion* Blackhawks
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    And don't forget Their Great Fans
    =D>
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod

TheShield said:

What a terrible fucking season. Smh bring on football to get away from the bullshit that the NBA and the NHL brought this year...

Why? Patriots aren't going to do anything with a murdering TE, A TE that is injury prone and retarded, and no Welker. Patriots are fucked son =))
    0 about that. I just prefer football over the other sports. You won't know who's going to win the chip a week into the season like with the others.

Random Fact: The Chicago Blackhawks beat the 2012 Stanley Cup Champion Kings, the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Bruins, the 2008 Stanley Cup Champion Red Wings... and this after Bruins swept the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Penguins!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    The tumultuous relationship between the Philadelphia Flyers and goalie Ilya Bryzgalov will come to an end this summer.

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren made that official on Tuesday when he released a statement that the organization would exercise a compliance buyout of Bryzgalov, officially ending his tenure after just two seasons.

"I met with Ilya this morning and informed him that we are going to exercise a compliance buyout of his contract," Holmgren said in a statement. "This was a very difficult business decision to make for us and we want to thank Ilya for his time here and wish him all the best moving forward."

Holmgren said he met with Bryzgalov on Tuesday morning to inform him of the decision. Last week, Holmgren announced that forward Danny Briere would also be given a compliance buyout. The decision to buy out Bryzgalov means the team has now utilized both of the buyouts available to them under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. The window to announce compliance buyouts runs for 48 hours after the decisive Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final.

Bryzgalov has seven years remaining on a contract that pays him $5.6 million annually.

Philadelphia will reportedly save $5.66 million in cap space for the next seven seasons, but the club also has to pay him $23 million over the next 14 years or two-thirds of the remaining $34.5 million on Bryzgalov's contract, over twice the remaining years.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    The Vancouver Canucks have named John Tortorella as their new coach. He's expected to be introduced later Tuesday at a press conference scheduled for 4 p.m. ET.

"We are proud to introduce John Tortorella as Head Coach of the Vancouver Canucks," general manager Mike Gillis said in a statement released by the team. "John has coached championship teams and is passionate about winning. He has a proven ability to bring the best out of his players and we believe he has all of the qualities to bring our team success."

The Canucks had been searching for a replacement for Alain Vigneault since letting him go after seven seasons shortly after the Canucks were swept in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs by the San Jose Sharks. Vigneault was hired last week as Tortorella's replacement as coach of the New York Rangers.

Tortorella was fired by the Rangers shortly after New York lost in five games to the Boston Bruins in the second round of the playoffs.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    It's only game, why you heff to be mad?
    Tortorella won't put up with the diving bullshyt. wonder how long it will take for the Sedin sisters to jump ship.....