Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Miikka Kiprusoff is retiring.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Punk ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    edited June 2013
    Pittsburgh Penguins general manager Ray Shero is reportedly making as strong a bid as he can to lock up defenseman Kris Letang.

The 26-year-old Letang, who was operating at more than a point-per-game rate throughout the regular season, has one more year remaining on a four-year, $14 million contract.

Citing sources, Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Thursday evening that Letang was offered an eight-year contract, worth “around $54 million.”

Update: According to Pierre LeBrun of ESPN and TSN, Letang’s camp informed the Penguins they would be turning down the club’s eight-year offer.
    "Hearing that Letang camp informed Penguins earlier tonight that they were turning down an 8-year contract offer worth around $56 million..."

"Also told that Letang camp counter-offered with a long-term deal which would pay less than $8 M (north of $7.5 M); Pens said too high"

Both sides are crazy stupid =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
  • SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    Watching the rally, so proud of our Blackhawks right now. and Crawford just dropped the F bomb twice on live TV. \m/
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Not surprised the Flyers bought out Bryz and Briere. Hopefully they pick up some more consistant players with that extra salary room.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    Flyers are on the long list of teams who want to trade for Bobby Ryan.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    watchin' the NHL draft right now \m/
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    nice move for the devils! \m/ :-O
    desperately needed a goalie since brodeur doesn't have much left in him
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    NEWARK, N.J. -- Former Tampa Bay Lightning captain Vincent Lecavalier spent the past two days meeting with several teams interested in signing him when he becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 5.

The teams Lecavalier reportedly met with are the Detroit Red Wings, Dallas Stars, Montreal Canadiens, Philadelphia Flyers, St. Louis Blues, Toronto Maple Leafs, Washington Capitals, Boston Bruins and Calgary Flames.

Dallas general manager Jim Nill confirmed his team's meeting with Lecavalier prior to the start of the 2013 NHL Draft on Sunday and said he likes the Stars' chances.

"I think we've got a great opportunity," Nill said.

Nill also said he got the impression that Lecavalier will be making his decision within the next few days.

"I think he wants to get it over with soon," Nill said. "I know he's going to do his homework, so we'll see."

Tampa Bay announced on Thursday that it was using one of its two available compliance buyouts on Lecavalier, who will be paid more than of $30 million over the next 14 years by the Lightning, who are saving $7.7 million on the cap over the next seven seasons.
    Other news:

BREAKING NEWS: Pens acquire 2013 2nd-round pick (50th overall) from San Jose in exchange for Tyler Kennedy

Isles have acquired Cal Clutterbuck from the Wild for Nino Niederreiter

Devils trade No. 9 selection to Vancouver for Cory Schneider.
    And finally...

Kris Letang contract with Penguins. 8 years / 58 M, 7.25 AVV, limited no trade to 15 teams.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    the guy in the last pick is from "virgina" =)) =))
    NEWARK, N.J. -- Six days after combining on the Stanley Cup-clinching goal, the Chicago Blackhawks traded away Dave Bolland and Michael Frolik in order to comfortably free up enough room under the NHL salary cap to re-sign Bryan Bickell to a four-year contract and open some roster room for a few minor-league prospects.

It all happened early in the 2013 NHL Draft at Prudential Center on Sunday.

Bolland, who scored the Cup-clinching goal, was traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs for picks No. 51 and 117 in the 2013 draft as well as a fourth-round pick in 2014. Bolland, 27, has one year and $3.375 million remaining on his contract.
    Frolik, who had the primary assist on Bolland's winning goal, was traded to the Winnipeg Jets for picks No. 74 and 134. Frolik has one year and $2.33 million left on his contract.

Bickell's new contract reportedly is worth $16 million, a cap hit of $4 million per season.
    Former Boston Bruins goaltender Tim Thomas is thinking about making a return to the NHL after spending the 2012-13 season on the sidelines as a suspended player, according to a report by Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com.

Thomas' agent, Bill Zito, said the goalie has asked him to explore options for next season, LeBrun reported.

Thomas, 39, is technically a member of the New York Islanders, who acquired him in a trade from the Bruins on Feb. 2. The Islanders have the right to toll Thomas' contract into the 2013-14 season, but the team has given no indication that it plans to do so, which would make Thomas an unrestricted free agent at noon ET on Friday.

Other goalies who are expected to become unrestricted free agents on Friday include Evgeni Nabokov, Ilya Bryzgalov, Ray Emery, Nikolai Khabibulin, Jose Theodore and Chris Mason.

Thomas sat out the 2012-13 season, the final under a four-year, $20 million contract. He was due to make $3 million, but he was suspended by the Bruins for not reporting to training camp and then traded to the Islanders. The trade gave the Bruins some salary-cap relief and sent Thomas' $5 million cap hit to New York, which used it to stay above the salary-cap floor.
    edited July 2013
    i have a question. how does the nhl draft work when someone like 18 years old gets drafted and they've committed to play for a college team? do they go to college first and then join the team after they graduate or can they join the team right away? and do certain players drafted play for the farm team first and work their way up?
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    They can go pro. I think it's like the MLB... A&M ha a quarterback recruit who got drafted number 4 overall or something and decided to take the money (couple million) and try his luck at pro baseball
    Players who turn 18 by September 15 and are not older than 20 by December 31 are eligible for selection. In addition, non-North American players over the age of 20 are eligible.

A North American player who is not drafted by the age of 20 is an unrestricted free agent. All non-North Americans must be drafted before being signed, regardless of age.

A player not signed by his NHL team within two years of being drafted can re-enter the draft, as long as he is 20 years old or younger at the time of the subsequent draft. Players over 20 become unrestricted free agents.

NCAA players are an exception: NHL teams retain the rights to a college player until 30 days after the player has left college.

A team that does not sign a first-round draft pick is awarded a compensatory pick in a future draft upon losing the rights to that player.

A player who has been drafted a second time cannot re-enter.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you