Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    if you are talking about the Malkin / Bergeron fight, neither one of them normally fight, and it looked like something from the Special Olympics. Crosby keeps on crying to Chara. Would love to see that fight!
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    edited June 2013
    Either way dude on the pens bloodied up the boston player pretty good.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    yes he did. Malkin is one of the only players on the Pens i respect
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers

The NHL will grandfather in visors starting with the 2013-14 season.

The NHL and NHLPA agreed to the rule change at Tuesday's meeting. Any player that enters the NHL starting next season will be required to wear a visor, while current players will have the option. The league did the same thing with helmets over two decades ago. The visor issue became a hot-button topic this season when players like Marc Staal, who has since started wearing a visor, suffered major facial injuries due to inadvertent pucks and high sticks. The sides also agreed to test hybrid icing during the preseason and possibly use it during the regular season if the testing goes well. The league will also try shallower nets next year, which, along with the other two changes, are subject to approval by the Board of Governors.

da fuck is "hybrid icing"? ice that's only half frozen? or is it in regards to icing the puck. but still....da fuck is "hybrid icing"?
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Fuck if I know but I'm sure arlo and the clowns know
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited June 2013

The NHL and NHLPA agreed to the rule change at Tuesday's meeting. Any player that enters the NHL starting next season will be required to wear a visor, while current players will have the option. The league did the same thing with helmets over two decades ago. The visor issue became a hot-button topic this season when players like Marc Staal, who has since started wearing a visor, suffered major facial injuries due to inadvertent pucks and high sticks. The sides also agreed to test hybrid icing during the preseason and possibly use it during the regular season if the testing goes well. The league will also try shallower nets next year, which, along with the other two changes, are subject to approval by the Board of Governors.

da fuck is "hybrid icing"? ice that's only half frozen? or is it in regards to icing the puck. but still....da fuck is "hybrid icing"?
    The officials will have discretion whether to call icing without the player having to go back to touch it. This is to eliminate races to touch the puck for icing that sometimes cause injury.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers

The officials will have discretion whether to call icing without the player having to go back to touch it. This is to eliminate races to touch the puck for icing that sometimes cause injury.
    oh i see. that's dumb. if the team who iced the puck gets there first then it was well earned
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie

oh i see. that's dumb. if the team who iced the puck gets there first then it was well earned

Just something else to slow down the game

Just something else to slow down the game

Under the proposal, an icing would be called if the defensive player arrives at the faceoff dot before the forechecking offensive player. If the offensive center arrives first, icing is waved off and play continues.

So it speeds up the game and it's safer. Again Gary is wrong.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Woooow

Bruinssssssssssssss
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Eat shit Penguins

2 goals in 3 games =))
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bostons playoff run is a post-Marathon Bombing conspiracy.

Fact :)]
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Keith suspended for tonights game >:P