Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Nothing will ever beat these

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Hell, I'd rather they go back to those.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    The NHL will grandfather in visors starting with the 2013-14 season.

The NHL and NHLPA agreed to the rule change at Tuesday's meeting. Any player that enters the NHL starting next season will be required to wear a visor, while current players will have the option. The league did the same thing with helmets over two decades ago. The visor issue became a hot-button topic this season when players like Marc Staal, who has since started wearing a visor, suffered major facial injuries due to inadvertent pucks and high sticks. The sides also agreed to test hybrid icing during the preseason and possibly use it during the regular season if the testing goes well. The league will also try shallower nets next year, which, along with the other two changes, are subject to approval by the Board of Governors.
    edited June 2013
    Probably because goalies are getting bigger and they want to keep them from crawling back into the net. It's not a big deal. The other two rules are though.
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    edited June 2013

The NHL will grandfather in visors starting with the 2013-14 season.

The NHL and NHLPA agreed to the rule change at Tuesday's meeting. Any player that enters the NHL starting next season will be required to wear a visor, while current players will have the option. The league did the same thing with helmets over two decades ago. The visor issue became a hot-button topic this season when players like Marc Staal, who has since started wearing a visor, suffered major facial injuries due to inadvertent pucks and high sticks. The sides also agreed to test hybrid icing during the preseason and possibly use it during the regular season if the testing goes well. The league will also try shallower nets next year, which, along with the other two changes, are subject to approval by the Board of Governors.

How bout getting rid of offsides
    Give the fans what they want
    I speak for the majority
    Can't deny the numbers
    numbers are facts

edited June 2013
    Numbers from what? An imaginary league where offsides doesn't exist? Ooooook. And you are the only person I've ever heard suggest that offsides be eliminated. =))
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    Yeah that would be retarded

Numbers from what? An imaginary league where offsides doesn't exist? Ooooook. And you are the only person I've ever heard suggest that offsides be eliminated. =))

O really
    google it

what the fuck is the difference between a 8-7 game or a 2-1 game? Do you not like breakaways? No difference except more big chance plays. [-(
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/hradek_ej/id/6231855/getting-rid-tagging-trapezoid-other-essential-rule-changes

heres another
    please..just because you don't likke it doesn't mean it isn't right
    we have been through this already
    don't worry..offsides is staying but it sucks
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    Bleacher report =))

this isn't roller hockey...

no shit..please..discussion has been over for a week now..you're late to the party and you brought nothing with you

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/hradek_ej/id/6231855/getting-rid-tagging-trapezoid-other-essential-rule-changes

heres another
    please..just because you don't likke it doesn't mean it isn't right
    we have been through this already
    don't worry..offsides is staying but it sucks

I gave you a thorough and logical rebuttal to your idea and you've yet to present anything that gives any credence to the idea. Just because you don't like offsides doesn't mean it's a bad rule.
    And I gave you good reasons why they should get rid of it..read the seconds article I posted..It's what I posted last week but you thought it was something I just thought up. Makes tons of sense

trying to stay on sides instead of being able to race up the ice
    Dave Sandford/Getty Images
    Plain and simple, get rid of it. Many fans and non fans of hockey complain about the lack of scoring. Opening up the entire ice at all times would greatly increase the scoring opportunities.

Basketball is much more popular than hockey and the fast break is one of the more exciting plays in that game. Adding that element to hockey would be great for fans.

Also, with the league pressing for more player safety, opening up the middle of the ice should make it safer for the players. Currently the center of the ice tends to get clogged up. Many players get inured with bone-jarring hits in that area. Often the player is not looking or had just passed the puck in order to keep the team onsides.

Without offsides the ice would open up. Defenses would not be able to clog up the ice as much. The chances of clean fast breaks or odd man rushes would greatly increase. This means, at minimum, more scoring chances and likely more goals scored.
    If the league wanted to get rid of some unnecessary collisions and bring some more thought back into the game, it would dump the tag-up offside rule. The league likes the tag-up because it helps keep the game moving. And, it does that.

It also creates unnecessary points of contact along the wall when defensemen bring the puck back into the zone against the boards. Upon seeing that move, forwards pick up speed as they circle out of the offensive zone to "tag up" before making a bee-line to the spot on the wall in which they anticipate the puck will arrive. At that point, they can deliver a substantial blow to a defending player.

In light of the league research that indicates a number of concussions occur near the boards when a player's head makes contact with the glass, you'd think it might be a good idea to change a rule that creates more of those collisions.
    Please don't use Bleacher Report for a source, it doesn't help your argument. Crappy writing. Read the comments. Most of them acknowledge that it's a horrible idea.

And I refuted every single point made in that article anyway. Try again.