Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    As long as we have Nick Lidstrom and Brian Rafalski, our defensive corps is in the top 3 in the league, period.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    the only thing that really matters is who has the most points for the whole year amirite?
    I'm not saying otherwise. I just figured that the Islanders would have been higher up on that list for that certain time period.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    yall niggas hilarious
    Yup. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Tik
    Bottom
    Tok
    For the #winners the red wings

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The Flyers have the best defense in the NHL and a lot of it has to do with their defensive forwards. The Flyers may not have the best player on D (although Pronger and Timonen are up there) but as a whole team, defensively they're the best in the league.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    The Flyers have the best defense in the NHL and a lot of it has to do with their defensive forwards. The Flyers may not have the best player on D (although Pronger and Timonen are up there) but as a whole team, defensively they're the best in the league.
    This
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    as evidenced in the 7-0 loss to the Rangers on National T.V.
    no, as evidence in being in 1st place in the east the entire season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0_5jwOFet0
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    uh....Flyers have let in 20 more goals this season than the Bruins....

uh....Flyers have let in 20 more goals this season than the Bruins....

that's cuz your goaltender has been a fucking brick wall all year. you guys prolly woulda won the cup last year if your coach didnt fail and have thomas sit on the bench. you have a decent D, but kudos to your goaltender, without him, yooz would be alot further down in the standings.
    the flyers have decent goaltending, their goalies step up wehn needed, but their D is the main reason theyre in 1st place. I have all the confidence in the world in both our goalies, i think they handle the situation well sharinng the net and they both are willing to sit out and let the hot hand take over. no egos between our goalies. i still have no idea hooz gonna be the goalie in the playoffs, i guess who ever's hotter. they young kid BOB has been terrific, heez athletic, quick, and agile, but Boosh has also been a solid rock in net for us all year and i like the fact that heez older and has been in this situation before and wont get rattled, and heez prolly desperate for a cup, we'll see who gets the call when the time comes, i'm good either way. i trust laviolette.
    so chara has nothing to do with it?
    i didn't fuckin say that, i said you have a decent D. your goalie is just terrific. throw in some bum to play goalie and see how good they are, without thomas, yooz would make the playoffs, but wouldnt be a cupcontender, with thomas, yooz have a chance to win it all.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    no, as evidence in being in 1st place in the east the entire season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0_5jwOFet0
    but for how long? :-"
    i didn't fuckin say that, i said you have a decent D. your goalie is just terrific. throw in some bum to play goalie and see how good they are, without thomas, yooz would make the playoffs, but wouldnt be a cupcontender, with thomas, yooz have a chance to win it all.
    I think the B's team D is better than you are giving them credit for. A typical game, the B's D allows half the shots that they take. Thomas does make great saves, but the number of shots on him are way down
    John why u mad brah? I'm showering your goalie with compliments and i said you had a decent D. the truth is without Thomas, youz wouldn't be as good. Chara is great, seidenberg and boychuck are decent, kaberle was a nice pickup, but without a goalie as good as thomas, youz wouldnt be cup contenders.
    i'm not mad...just don't see how you are saying that the Flyers have the best D in the league, when they give up more goals and shots than the B's
    i just explained, you have the better goal tender, and the flyers system is more of an attacking system, so the other team has more oddman rushed against us. with a great D and great D forwards, you casn afford to go on the attack. i know boston's system is more of a sit back and wait, then attack. Boston has a D first mentality.

Let me just ask you one question? would you trade your 5-6 Dmen, for the Flyers 5-6 Dmen?
    no...Chara is the best d-man in the game, and i am not a fan of Pronger
    I said your 5 and 6 Dmen? not the whole D. and chara's not the best Dman in the game, Lidstrom is, then Pronger, then Chara. when Chara lifts a cup, then we'll talk.

... and if Pronger wasn't on my team, i wouldnt be a fan of him either cause he kicks the shit out of opposing offenses. every team he played on went to the cup finals.