Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i am not a fan of Pronger because i think he is massively overrated. i have been watching elite d-men my whole life, Orr, Bourque and now Chara. Yes, Pronger happened to be on cup winners and Chara hasn't, but does not mean that Chara isnt better. Just means that Ottawa sucked when he was on that team, and he hasnt had a great offense in front of him in boston. Like i said before, B's are one or two players away from the cup, and its on the offensive side
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    dude, to say Pronger isn't the reason his teams are great is just ridiculous man. THis guy shuts down everyone. theres even talk of him getting votes for the heart trophy this year. Just look at Prongers stats, he owns. not overrated one bit, hes a horse who plays with toughness and grit and 50 assits every year, not to mention being a great QB of the PP and a killer slapshot.

I'll say it again, every team Pronger plays on goes to the Stanley Cup Finals. that's not coincidence. Pronger is elite, he's better than Chara, the numbers speak for themselves, just go read the stats...

.. and Chara's stats are extremely suspect in the playoffs. 27 points in 76 playoff games <_>
    i get it dude, charas great, i said it multiple times. Pronger is great too and not overrated at all, he leads his teams to the finals on a regular basis.

the Flyers just have a better D, i dont know why it's hard to accept that. if your D was so great, why couldnt you stop the Flyers from coming back down 3 games last year? youre just biased and so am i, so this argument will never end.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i don't see any bias at all in this argument
    i don't see any bias at all in this argument
    John saying Pronger is overrated and Chara is better, and the Bruins D is better then the Flyers D is extremely biased. At least I'll admit you guys have the better goalie, but that's about it.
    The Bruins are a bunch of...

(NSFW)

{Upload|4095}
    I was being sarcastic
    I was being retarded
    yeah, i figured that...
    lol George... (i'm not quoting that, lol )
    the one player that impressed me from the Flyers last year in the playoffs was Hartnell. If i could pick any player from the Flyers to become a Bruin, it would be Hartnell
    HARTNELL? i'll admit, he played his assoff in the playoffs last year (along with everyone else), but if you could have your pick of one Flyer it would be Hartnell?

What about...

Richards
    Carter
    Giroux
    Briere
    Leino
    JVR
    Pronger
    Timonen
    Meszaros
    Coburn
    Carle

????????????

I'd take any of them anyday over Hartnell. lolz <_>
    you must not watch the Flyers alot <_>
    you're telling me that Hartnell only plays as good as he does against the B's? He reminded me of a more talented version of Claude Lemioux
    if i had to take one Bruin, it would be Thomas
    you're telling me that Hartnell only plays as good as he does against the B's? He reminded me of a more talented version of Claude Lemioux
    Hartnell's
    5th in goals
    8th in assists
    he only has 3 pp goals

he's a decent power forward, he's on the 1st line with Leino and Briere, and jells well with them, they create alot of offense and he's good at being a pest, but all the players i listed are better than Hartnell.

John, seriously think about this? you'd take Hartnell out of all our kickass players?
    yes, i think he could be the type of player to bring the B's to the next level. right now, all we have is Lucic, as far as players that will fight in front of the net. Hartnell would give us another player like that. He's an excellent 2 way player, never caught in the wrong position.

We have enough playmakers on the Bruins. Hartnell would give neccessary grit
    edited March 2011
    Hartnell played really good against the Hawks in the Finals as well. He was a pain in the ass and gave the Hawks problems, along with Leino and Briere. However, Richards and Carter were non-existent.
    yes, that entire line was excellent in the playoffs and all this year for us, they feed off eachother very well, but before those guys came together and built chemistry, Hartnell was a non factor on our roster, i've very happy that line is so well, but if youre gonna trade for Hartnell, you better trade for Briere and Leino also, it took Hartnell 4 years to build chemistry with a line and he's not the type of player that would just fit in.

Richards and Carter are by far better players, Carter's on his way to scoring over 40 goals.
    Besides Datsyuk, Richards is the best 2-way forward in the game and can play any postion, he even runs poin on the pp often. and Richards is one of the best Captains/leaders in the NHL, he has no problem giving a huge hit or dropping the gloves for his team, he got rocked pretty hard the other night and he had the flu.

and what about Giroux? cmon, he's the next Forsberg for christ's sake. and our stacked D?
    also Briere, our leading goal scorer, Leino, our leading assist man, JVR, a great young player who is gonna be a superstar very soon.

I'm happy you guys love Hartnell, but damn, he's towards the bottom of the pack in skill on our team. heez only great cause of the players on his line. Briere and Leino make him good. he does play hard which is a good thing, but he is not nearly as skilled as 1/2 the team.
    . He's an excellent 2 way player, never caught in the wrong position. Hartnell would give neccessary grit
    see (Mike Richards)
    yeah but the big-time players step up in the playoffs and Richards and Carter shit the bed against the Hawks.
    if i had to trade for one player on the blackhawks it would be buff, oh wait, whoops? lolz
    nah, i'd want Patrick Kane, no doubt about it.