Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    oh and we added zherdev and versteeg and theyre both playing very well.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Flyers are in my opinion the most well rounded team in the NHL and im not saying that becasue they are my team im saying that because its true.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    oh and we added zherdev and versteeg and theyre both playing very well.
    I think the flyers will either get rid of Zherdev or Carcillo in the offseason which worries me.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    it will be zherdev, i think he fits in well, i'd rather see carcillo go, who knows, maybe theyll keep them both.
    it will be zherdev, i think he fits in well, i'd rather see carcillo go, who knows, maybe theyll keep them both.
    I hope they keep both Carcillo really turned into a well diciplined player who still maintains his presense as a fighter on the ice which is good.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I hate to tell you guys, but the Stanley Cup winner will be from the Western Conference. The Western conference is deeper and better and they play defense, unlike the East.
    STFU. go look at the Flyers D and tell me one team that holds a candle to them, noone. they have 3 number one defensive pairings. stop trollin yo <_>
    playing defense is about alot more than how good your defensemen are. It all starts with the forwards and obviously the goalies as well

LOL our entire team is filled with defensive forwards, how do you think we were able to hang on so long last year? and now we added meszaros and odonnell on D. the young guys like Giroux and JVR are turning into superstars, we have 3 scoring lines, and EVERYONE playes defense. the Flyers loose a few games cause of the flubug and everyone starts talkin shit <_>
    lol I wasn't picking on the Flyers, I was comparing the conferences in general. I know the Flyers are a very deep team. I'm just saying that the West is a better conference defensively and the teams from the West will be better prepared to play "playoff hockey" because of the competition that they face.

I know you wernt picking on the Flyers and the west is more competitive due to how tight the points are there but i really think the East will have the winning team this year.
    CF, you didnt answer my question? name one team in the west that is better all around especially defensively then the Flyers?
    CF, you didnt answer my question? name one team in the west that is better all around especially defensively then the Flyers?
    the correct answer is NOBODY
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Vancouver is the best in the west right now, and the B's destroyed them last week....
    the correct answer is NOBODY
    heez prolly scrambling on his computer right now tryna look up stats and shit to counter my argument, lolz
    Flyers are the best defensive team in the NHL no doubt about it
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Flyers are the best defensive team in the NHL no doubt about it
    wrong...Flyers 174 goals against, Bruins 152 goals against :)

to list the defensive forwards they have is ridiculous, the only player i wouldn't consider a D forward on the team is Briere, but he scores madd goal so it doesnt matter.
    Zherdev isnt really a defensive player either though Briere has improved in that department.
    yeah, i wasnt even thinking of him... he turns the puck over alot, but heez been scratched half the season and and on the 3rd and 4th lines and still has almost 20 goals. they should stop scrastching him.
    I agree but who would they send down? Versteeg has been a tremendous pickup for them. Unless the scratch Shelly or Carcillo
    yeah, you dont need an enforcer in the playoffs and carcillo scares me cause the refs are quick to blow the whistle on him. they have enough guys on the team who can play the enforcer role. i'd rather have another goal scorer out there.
    yeah, you dont need an enforcer in the playoffs and carcillo scares me cause the refs are quick to blow the whistle on him. they have enough guys on the team who can play the enforcer role. i'd rather have another goal scorer out there.
    I agree, i do like carcillo but he draws too much attention.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Vancouver, Detroit, San Jose, Chicago