Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

White Student Union fliers at West Chester U. raise concerns

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i am against affirminative action. back in the mid 90's, i applied to northeastern U and needed financial help to get in. A black guy got the financial aid over me, even though i outscored him on the entry test by a couple hundred points. college told me they needed to meet their quota, and that was the only way to get the black person in

Yup, thats Equality right there for sure
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited December 2010
    Arlo is hitting everything right on the money.
    bro fist Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    I'm still waiting on my call back and/or letter for financial aid. The black people I work w/ go out and spend their financial aid checks on a newer car or some bullshit like that and then just say how they aren't going to payback the loans. It's horrible how they go and get the aid, use the check, and then drop out of school yet some people who really want the education, can't get it.
    edited December 2010
    I'm still waiting on my call back and/or letter for financial aid. The black people I work w/ go out and spend their financial aid checks on a newer car or some bullshit like that and then just say how they aren't going to payback the loans. It's horrible how they go and get the aid, use the check, and then drop out of school yet some people who really want the education, can't get it.
    Yeah, people of all races pull that crap.

God damn why do us white people complain so friggin much?!

Yet another edit: Sorry if I'm seeming harsh, but really it does annoy me when whites complain because we have it wayyyy too good to do that. I'm not proud of it, but it's just plain fact, we have it much easier and we need to do more to help other people who many times have to work harder to be in the same situation.
    maybe because we need to work for what we have? maybe because we don't walk around with a chip on our shoulder acting like the world owes us something because of the color of our skin? Maybe because we can't be proud of our heritage without the fear on being labeled racist?

i could go on all day but you get my point.
    edited December 2010
    maybe because we need to work for what we have? maybe because we don't walk around with a chip on our shoulder acting like the world owes us something because of the color of our skin? Maybe because we can't be proud of our heritage without the fear on being labeled racist?

i could go on all day but you get my point.

1. No, you have it much easier compared to any other race, period.

2. Some minorities do that, but so do whites to an extent. Like I said before there will always be some bad seeds. I get what you're saying here, but I don't get how it annoys you so much, honestly.

3. What is there to be proud of? I'm proud to be an American and a Texan, but why on earth would I be proud to be white? We may actually be talking about the same thing here though Shane, but I'm answering it as if you're referring strictly to race.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    also, with me, i applied for mass health to try and get some additional health insurance for my son. got denied because of his "immigration status". he was born and raised in mass, so i guess if you are white, and born in the state, you get no benefits
    I got called a racist at work because if I have a child w/ Shane, it would be white and not mixed. More often than not when a a customer who is of a different race than me complains about me to my manager, they claim I was treating them different because of their color.
    if a black person says a bad thing about a white politician, its ok.

if a white person says a bad thing about a black politician, its racism
    I got called a racist at work because if I have a child w/ Shane, it would be white and not mixed. More often than not when a a customer who is of a different race than me complains about me to my manager, they claim I was treating them different because of their color.
    I'm sorry but what are you trying to prove with this statement? Not trying to be rude but I already know there are people that will complain about anything, regardless of race, lol.
    also, with me, i applied for mass health to try and get some additional health insurance for my son. got denied because of his "immigration status". he was born and raised in mass, so i guess if you are white, and born in the state, you get no benefits
    I got told by social services that because I'm white, only chances of leg getting fixed is if I got knocked up. Yea, so in all reality, thank the government if the only chances of me getting my leg fixed is to have a child. Yea, how much does it cost tax payers for each child born on medicaid?
    if you can't understand the concept of racial pride then no amount of words can explain it to you.
    edited December 2010
    if you can't understand the concept of racial pride then no amount of words can explain it to you.
    Race in itself is based strictly on skin color, there is no ethnic, biological, or cultural background that is attributed to it. You may see race as something different, but I'm talking about the definition of it here, and I don't see why someone would be proud of a color, unless it's the good ole' RED WHITE AND BLUE AMIRITE?

I apologize for that last part btw, couldn't help it haha.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    White people claim that they have to work
    The truth is they don't
    Their ancestors have so much money that they wouldn't even know what to do with it

edited December 2010
    regardless is doesn't change the fact there is a double standard with racism towards whites. which you apparently think is justifiably alright or you're one of those people that dismiss the notion that it even exists
    White people claim that they have to work
    The truth is they don't
    Their ancestors have so much money that they wouldn't even know what to do with it
    my ancestor was John Howland, one of the pilgrims on the mayflower. he was poor

There is of course a double standard to an extent, but I understand why it's there and it's not near as bad as people make it out to be. It doesn't bother me whatsoever because I know I was born with so many extra privileges thanks to having white skin. What does bother me is religious preference in this country, something I'm sure you and me can agree on.
    I understand religious beliefs. To each his own, whatever gets you through your day is fine w/ me. I don't understand the amount of people who tell me to "have a blessed day" or hand me religious packets. I get about 1 every week and this time of year I get about a few a day. I've even been handed bibles before. I threw a packet out in front of the customer before and got lectured on how I offended the customer. However, I was not allowed to be "offended" by them shoving their beliefs in my face?