Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I love that DT artwork.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    I love that DT artwork.
    gives meh chills......
    I need to download some of his stuff.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Go for any albums he has done, they all have good and bad on each of them. If you don't like him at all however that isn't unusual, he is very polarizing.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Oh, and new Devin Townsend artwork...
    {Upload|6375}
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    If you get ONE album, go for Accelerated Evolution.......

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    North America's progressive metal masterminds SYMPHONY X have revealed the details of their ninth studio album, "Iconoclast", due in Europe on June 17 and in North America on June 21 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Illustrator and film concept artist Warren Flanagan ("Watchmen", "The Incredible Hulk", "2012") is the talent behind the album artwork. He states, "The idea was to create imagery that was a little darker in tone to previous SYMPHONY X albums and to represent the overall theme of 'Iconoclast' into the artwork. The whole concept came from [SYMPHONY X guitarist] Mike [Romeo], who had a strong idea of what the cover should represent based off the music. I just ran with it. When the album's title was decided on, I focused the image based on the meaning of it. I also wanted to use the band's signature 'masks' but present them in a way that connected to the new album."

SYMPHONY X founder and lead guitarist Michael Romeo has the following to say about Flanagan's art: "We worked with Warren on the last CD, 'Paradise Lost', and have a good relationship with him. When I talk to Warren about artwork ideas, a lot of times we end up making comparisons to films and movies. With the new CD, 'Iconoclast', the music and lyrics have a darker mechanical/technological theme, and I remember us talking about scenes from films like 'The Matrix' and 'Terminator'. From there, we sent him some songtitles and lyrics (songs like 'Dehumanized', 'Bastards Of The Machine', 'Electric Messiah') and just let Warren run with the ball. He has a great imagination and style, and he totally gets what we are trying to convey with the music."

The track listing for the jewel-cased version of "Iconoclast" is:

01. Iconoclast
    02. The End Of Innocence
    03. Dehumanized
    04. Bastards Of The Machine
    05. Heretic
    06. Children Of A Faceless God
    07. Electric Messiah
    08. Prometheus (I Am Alive)
    09. When All Is Lost

The track listing for the 2-CD special edition digipak version of "Iconoclast" is:

CD 1:

01. Iconoclast
    02. The End Of Innocence
    03. Dehumanized
    04. Bastards Of The Machine
    05. Heretic
    06. Children Of A Faceless God
    07. When All Is Lost

CD 2:

01. Electric Messiah
    02. Prometheus (I Am Alive)
    03. Light Up The Night
    04. The Lords Of Chaos
    05. Reign In Madness

JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    May 24:
    Haters gonna hate but they sound great with the new singer.
    I approve, hopefully there are more songs like Seperate Ways.
    According to the band it will be a bit more aggressive than you may expect. Neal Schon wrote most, if not all, of the music and he's stated that he's using this album as sort of a guitar showcase. Should be very interesting. He's uber fucking talented on guitar and will get to show it off hopefully. He's been around forever. started out with Santana at like 15 years old.
    That's too sick of an album cover for a band like Journey lolz.

Journey has used that scarab beetle on a few album covers.
    May 24:
    Haters gonna hate but they sound great with the new singer.
    I approve, hopefully there are more songs like Seperate Ways.
    According to the band it will be a bit more aggressive than you may expect. Neal Schon wrote most, if not all, of the music and he's stated that he's using this album as sort of a guitar showcase. Should be very interesting. He's uber fucking talented on guitar and will get to show it off hopefully. He's been around forever. started out with Santana at like 15 years old.
    He is a great guitarist who can not only play and enhance a song, but can shred like a beast, if anyone doubts that I suggest they listen to Any Way You Want It and Seperate Ways.
    Or Santana's earlier albums. Dude is a beast.
    I'm glad Journey is getting the recognition they truly deserve now, 10 years ago they were a fading 80s band with a couple sappy love songs and now people are really showing this band respect. Sure Steve Perry was a high pitched singer who did cheesy romantic ballads and such but they are much more than that.
    I'm glad Journey is getting the recognition they truly deserve now, 10 years ago they were a fading 80s band with a couple sappy love songs and now people are really showing this band respect. Sure Steve Perry was a high pitched singer who did cheesy romantic ballads and such but they are much more than that.

You do know that Steve Perry isn't with Journey anymore, right? The new guy sound alot like him and is really really good. I think I read that the band found him on youtube or something doing Journey karaoke and invited him to audition.

You do know that Steve Perry isn't with Journey anymore, right? The new guy sound alot like him and is really really good. I think I read that the band found him on youtube or something doing Journey karaoke and invited him to audition.
    Ya, I know, the kid doesn't know a word of english and gets to sing for a band like Journey.
    I thought he was from San Francisco. I guess i should pay better attention.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh, and new Devin Townsend artwork...
    {Upload|6375}
    Agreed, amazing artwork. I can't believe people on Metalsucks were talking shit on it......and yet I can.
    If you get ONE album, go for Accelerated Evolution.......

I'd say Ocean Machine or Addicted.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    when does the new Sleepmakeswaves CD come out?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I download ki, addicted, accelerated evolution.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ki is pretty cool, I'm more of a fan of his wall of chug goodness.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG