Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Who you think is going to get the starting QB slot Wine?
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I still give the edge to the Cardinals.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "Who you think is going to get the starting QB slot Wine?"

On the 49ers? Crabtree, no doubt. He's proved himself to be a #1 talent, but Morgan's really starting to hit his stride with the team. Davis pretty much has proved himself to be the best receiving tight end in the game right now, possibly behind Dallas Clark.

"I still give the edge to the Cardinals."

You should see how they play without Kurt Warner. That meh defense got stripped of its playmakers, and will be struggling a lot this year. I think Fitz is enough to keep that passing attack alive, but I wouldn't expect anything close to the same team that you saw last year. I'm more worried about the Seahawks right now to be honest. In the long term they could very well be on their way up.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I've seen them play without Warner and I still give the edge to the Cards.

I get the NFL ticket so I would watch a lot of their games.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    What do you see in Leinart's game that could keep them in the running for the division?
    Its not just Leinart that I'm talking about. They have a good core group of players left.

Besides who do the 49ers have that's any better than Leinart?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    "On the 49ers? Crabtree, no doubt. He's proved himself to be a #1 talent, but Morgan's really starting to hit his stride with the team. Davis pretty much has proved himself to be the best receiving tight end in the game right now, possibly behind Dallas Clark."

i think you misunderstood me. who you think is going to get the starting quarter back job?
    I don't think any of the NFC west teams are that strong and that's why I said that division is wide open.
    edited March 2010
    "i think you misunderstood me. who you think is going to get the starting quarter back job?"
    I could have sworn you said WR job...

I see Alex Smith coming out as the winner in the battle, but not by much. Carr has done very well when he played with the Giants, and I could see him playing some this year, but Smith could have a rebirth with some continuity, and become, I wouldn't say elite, but at least a quality starter.

"Its not just Leinart that I'm talking about. They have a good core group of players left.

Besides who do the 49ers have that's any better than Leinart?"

I think the only quality players left in there are Fitgerald, Breaston, and Wells. That line is having some trouble, and had some trouble against some really bad pass rushes this year. I would rather have Gore than Wells, Morgan than Breaston, and Davis than Fitzgerald. Only thing missing is consistent QB play.
    Of course you would,you're a biased 49ers fan. LOL
    edited March 2010
    Davis over Fitzgerald I think is the only really one up for debate.
    edited March 2010
    Why would you want to debate a WR verses a TE anyway?

and I'd take Breaston over Morgan.
    Best playmaker vs. Best playmaker...

I'd rather have Morgan because he's a bit younger, and has more upside. I'm not convinced Breaston's numbers are just because teams don't have 3 quality corners to cover 3 quality receivers. Now that Boldin's gone, he could go back down.
    edited March 2010
    Granted the QB (warner) had a lot to do with it But Breaston was the 3rd option last season and he still had better numbers than Morgan.

I think Breaston's numbers are going up this season.

Don't get me wrong either,I like Morgan a lot. I'm a VT fan so I know him pretty well.

Both have a good upside.
    That's what I'm saying. I think as the #3 option, with the other 2 being two of the best receivers in the game, he was open more.

I also think that receiving core benefited a lot from accuracy that Warner had, but Leinart doesn't have.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I think the Cardinals are going to drop off a little bit, but the 49ers still have me hesistant to pick them.....it's a two-horse race for me. The Niners will have to prove some shit to me.

Oh and Wine is a sieve who can't read. :P
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I think the rams will win the superbowl. If not them then the lions or the browns
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    "I think the Cardinals are going to drop off a little bit, but the 49ers still have me hesistant to pick them.....it's a two-horse race for me. The Niners will have to prove some shit to me."

If you think the 49ers can improve one game, and the Cardinals will lose one more, that's the difference right there. They were really close this season.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    The Niners improving one game is still not a given to me.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage