Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Case and point, Ben Roethlisberger when the Steelers won it all in 2006. He wasn't spectacular by any means, but had a lot of help. Sanchez is in a similar situation.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Although, the decision to let Thomas Jones go for the flashy player in LT was a mistake imo.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,662 master of ceremonies
    fuck Roethlisberger <_>

HE DID IT! I KNOW HE DID!
    There's nothing on him right now Marcy. <_>
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Roethlisberger performed okay. Sanchez during some games performed as well as Ryan Leaf. All it takes is being okay in his situation, and he still has to get that down. I'll make a wager right now with you JL that they aren't in the AFC title game next year.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Name two AFC teams that are better, sir.
    edited March 2010
    your chances are slim Wine. the only team that really stands in their way are the Colts.
    "There's nothing on him right now Marcy. <_>"

I think that franchise is scrambling a bit. If that's true, they know something we don't.

"Although, the decision to let Thomas Jones go for the flashy player in LT was a mistake imo."
    Jones was awesome last year, and LT isn't going to do anything in New York.
    "I think that franchise is scrambling a bit. If that's true, they know something we don't."

This is true. The Steelers have some work to do. The Ravens are the favorites in that division now and the Bengals are still very good.

"Jones was awesome last year, and LT isn't going to do anything in New York."

Thomas Jones is the most underrated running back in the NFL, and I will never know why...
    I'll take the Chargers, Colts, for sure over them, and think that the Texans and Patriots will outperform them next year.

Yeah, I said it.

I will honestly make a $10 wager they don't make the AFC title game next year.
    "I'll take the Chargers, Colts, for sure over them, and think that the Texans and Patriots will outperform them next year."

I can some what agree with that. Texans still have work to do, but damn are they looking good on the offense.

Pats. hmmmm....this is a hard one. idk if they are complete and ready at this time to make a big run. If Brady can overcome that fear of getting hit in the leg and Welker stays healthy. They be dangerous.

Chargers, naw.
    The Colts I can understand, but the Super Bowl losers often have a hard time getting back. The Chargers won't get back because Norv Turner is a terrible coach...well, there are other reasons too. The Texans are like the 49ers, a young team with a lot of upside on the cusp of being good for a long time. Playoff team, yes. Better than the Jets, no. And the Patriots are slowly but surely trying to rebuild, and their defense is not that good.....
    Patriots are far from complete, but I think Moss and Brady are enough to keep that offense going. They need a back who can get them in the end zone in goal line situations, and to fix the fuck out of that D. But I still see it happening. Over the long term though, I definitely like the Jets over the Patriots.

The Texans every year get better and better, and with that offense being one of the best in the NFL, they just need a DT and a CB. Then they're a real force to be reckoned with.

I bet against the Chargers every year and they come back and bite me in the ass. I had to take them.
    "The Texans every year get better and better, and with that offense being one of the best in the NFL, they just need a DT and a CB. Then they're a real force to be reckoned with."

Losing Dunta Robinson hurt, but their offense is a poor man's New Orleans offense. Matt Schaub is terribly overlooked and Andre Johnson is an incredible wide receiver.
    Andre Johnson <3

fucking hate him, cause he kept getting passed my men on Madden <_>
    He's from the U though. <_>
    that movie was so good. ITS ALL ABOUT THE U!
    ..............................not really. <_>
    Texas>Michigan