Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    idrinkwine732 <3 Joe Haden
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    The Cowboys are probably going to do it this year, sadly. I don't even think the Saints can beat them this year. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    idrinkwine732 vs. JLRedWing13:

No Jets in AFC Championship Yes
    No Cowboys win Super Bowl Yes/Probably

• PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    Yeah Chavey, If Jimmy would have stayed they might have won 4 in a row.

As much as Jimmy Johnson gets most of the credit for them championships in the 90's ,Jerry Jones was the GM and did what most thought was unthinkable and that was fire the legendary Tom Landry.... Then Jerry with Jimmy went on to win 2 NFL titles then one without Jimmy.

People can hate on Jerry Jones all they want to ,but the man brought 3 Super Bowl championships to Dallas.

and Jake,Yeah I agree that they get over hyped in the off season but they do have a very talented team right now. You didn't hear anything about Dallas when they went 5-11 for 3 years in a row.

They are a Super Bowl contender this season coming up so get ready for the Cowboys hype-fest to begin.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    "The Cowboys are probably going to do it this year, sadly. I don't even think the Saints can beat them this year. <_>"

The Saints couldn't beat them last year either.

:o)
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    "idrinkwine732 vs. JLRedWing13:

No Jets in AFC Championship Yes
    No Cowboys win Super Bowl Yes/Probably"

Oh dear, here we go again. Who do you think is better than the Cowboys in the NFC?
    The NFC is a tough subject, since Favre can decide the divison alone...

It's tough, but I like both the Saints and Packers before the Cowboys.
    The Cowboys are just a first round talent or two away from being set. That first round talent could come at safety or WR.
    edited March 2010
    The Vikings aren't even going to win the NFC North next season, with or without Favre.

The Packers are my other NFC Championship Game candidate, but they have yet to make any improvements to their team this offseason, and they showed they have issues on defense. Still, I like them over the Vikings.

You never know with the Saints, but they had a lot of things go their way this year. Like Drew Brees said, it was destiny. Does lightning strike twice in the same place? I don't know. Dallas made them look awfully silly in that game.....

If the Cowboys need anything, it's a slot receiver, and they will probably fill that with Jordan Shipley. Their secondary is outstanding, and Wade Phillips, as much as I dislike him, is a great defensive coach. The Cowboys are the most complete team in not only the NFC, but the NFL to me. That could change before Week 1, but that's how I see it now.
    I agree with a lot of that JL ,but the Cowboys do have a good slot WR in Patrick Crayton.

They better draft a safety in the first rd.

I'd like them to draft Taylor Mays if he is still there.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2010
    Hey I like Jerry Jones as well, I just figured that point could be thown out there lol he has done some bad things. I love seeing what he has to say during interviews
    image Photobucket
    "The Packers are my other NFC Championship Game candidate, but they have yet to make any improvements to their team this offseason, and they showed they have issues on defense. Still, I like them over the Vikings."

They really do have issues on that D, but that could be settled this draft. They have a porous O-line, that could be fixed as well. In fact, I see them as the 49ers, but A-Rod is one of the best QBs in the NFL...that's the difference.

"If the Cowboys need anything, it's a slot receiver, and they will probably fill that with Jordan Shipley. Their secondary is outstanding, and Wade Phillips, as much as I dislike him, is a great defensive coach. The Cowboys are the most complete team in not only the NFC, but the NFL to me. That could change before Week 1, but that's how I see it now."

I'll need another year of Miles Austin being Miles Austin before I'm convinced he's consistent. He was great last year, but I'll need more before I count that position as filled. Slot receiver is a must fill, but I don't know if they value Shipley enough to take him before many other teams. I think they have a spot at Safety that can still be filled, as well as DT or maybe even LT.
    "I'd like them to draft Taylor Mays if he is still there."

You can have him.
    DT has an all pro in Ratliff and Hatcher is a solid backup.

They will go either Oline or Safety with the first rd pick.

Taylor Mays is overrated......he was a huge winner at the Combine. He would fit for the Cowboys though. Don't rule out an offensive tackle either at that pick. Shipley should be around at the end of the first day, maybe later.
    There is noway the Cowboys draft a WR in the first rd.

They have an over paid Roy Williams and Miles Austin who needs to get a bigger contract.

I have no doubt that they will draft a WR later on the draft though.
    I don't want Taylor Mays anywhere near the 49ers. He's just an athlete, but we don't want athletes, we need football players. If you want to start a safety that's quick, have him, but if you want a safety that can cover, be quick, and tackle, don't get him.
    "There is noway the Cowboys draft a WR in the first rd."

I think if Dez Bryant drops to them they'll snatch him up real quick.
    Not to mention that the Cowboys are very high on last years rookie WR Kevin Ogletree.
    "There is noway the Cowboys draft a WR in the first rd."

I know this, I said first day, which I believe is only the first two rounds this year. I think Shipley is projected as a third or fourth rounder though.