Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Options
    GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    In an offensive game, they are obviously not equal. If both defenses are mediocre then it is the team that wins the toss.

If you really see it they way you say, that the better team should win, then the rule shouldn't matter
    image Photobucket
  • Options
    Of course an edge doesn't mean the team will always win. Hell look at last year. Cincy and Oakland. Oakland just barely got back into the game at the last second. Everyone thought the Bengals had the edge in overtime...but they didnt even make it to overtime because they fumbled.
    image Photobucket
  • Options
    MastodudeMastodude Posts: 60
    The better team should win but thats not always the case is it. you were clearly good enough to take your team to overtime and now if you make one stop when it really matters you can get the ball back. Then if your offense shines when it really matters you can win and be the better team. where does the rule end? if both teams end up kicking field goals then does it become a true sudden death?
  • Options
    MastodudeMastodude Posts: 60
    Week 1, at Pittsburgh: Steelers 13, Titans 10 (Pittsburgh won toss, received OT kickoff, scored on first drive)*

Week 4, at Cleveland: Bengals 23, Browns 20 (Cincinnati won toss, received OT kickoff, scored on fourth drive)

Week 5, at Kansas City: Cowboys 26, Chiefs 20 (Kansas City won toss, received OT kickoff, Dallas scored on second drive)

Week 5, at Denver: Broncos 20, Patriots 17 (Denver won toss, received OT kickoff, scored on first drive)*

Week 6, at Jacksonville: Jaguars 23, Rams 20 (Jacksonville won toss, received OT kickoff, scored on first drive)*

Week 6, at New York Jets: Bills 16, Jets 13 (New York Jets won toss, received OT kickoff, Buffalo scored on third drive)

Week 11, at Kansas City: Chiefs 27, Steelers 24 (Pittsburgh won toss, received OT kickoff, Kansas City scored on first drive)

Week 11, at New York Giants: Giants 34, Falcons 31 (New York Giants won toss, received OT kickoff, scored on first drive)*

Week 12, at Baltimore: Ravens 20, Steelers 17 (Pittsburgh won toss, received OT kickoff, Baltimore scored on second drive)

Week 13, at Washington: Saints 33, Redskins 30 (Washington won toss, received OT kickoff, New Orleans scored on first drive)

Week 15, at Tennessee: Titans 27, Dolphins 24 (Miami won toss, received OT kickoff, Tennessee scored on first drive)

Week 16, at New Orleans: Buccaneers 20, Saints 17 (Tampa Bay won toss, received OT kickoff, scored on first drive)*

Week 16, at Chicago: Bears 36, Vikings 30 (Chicago won toss, received OT kickoff, scored on third drive)

in 8/13 games that went into OT in 2009 both teams touched the ball at least once
  • Options
    This is pointless. We have different opinions.
    image Photobucket
  • Options
    JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,700 mod
    It's pointless because the rule keeps the spirit of the NFL overtime and therefore it's a worthwhile change.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Options
    PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports Donovan McNabb could be in a Rams uniform by the end of the day, possibly by the end of the week.

The Eagles have an offer on the table that would give them St. Louis' second-round draft pick (33d overall) and free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe in exchange for McNabb. That deal, however, is "not yet completed," according to a league source.

McNabb would be willing to go to the Rams if he was given a contract extension, according to a source close to the situation. He would not be willing to play for Buffalo or Oakland, two moribund franchises that might be willing to take McNabb without an extension.

Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur was previously McNabb's quarterbacks coach with the Eagles. Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo was a defensive coach under Reid.

This report contradicts what we reported earlier in a report from Brian Stull of 101ESPN in St. Louis.

I Really Hope The eagles are dumb enough to get rid of McNabb
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • Options
    And about the new OT rule.

I'd like to see it for the regular season too.

I'm still against the rule change,but we'll see how it goes over.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • Options
    Fuck. The Eagles need to pull that offer now.
  • Options
    drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That's quite the offer...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Options
    That trade would ruin my day.......
  • Options
    The Rams would have ended up releasing Atogwe anyway.

The Cowboys tried for him last year and would have went after him again this season.

I don't think this deal would help out the Eagles this season but in the long run, sure.
  • Options
    Rams GM Billy Devaney shot down reports that his club might acquire Donovan McNabb Wednesday, calling the rumors "absolutely false."

"Nothing to it," another high-ranking Rams official informed Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "It’s utterly ridiculous," Devaney added. "I haven’t talked to Philadelphia about any of their players." "They may have a trade offer, but not from us," yet a third Rams source said. "Why would we trade for McNabb and then go watch (Sam) Bradford throw on Monday?"
  • Options
    "That trade would ruin my day......."

Why?
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,636 master of ceremonies
    because Rams would get a good QB and could just pass on Bradford. that means Rams would pick Suh and the Lions would lose out. Jaykers really wants Suh. so it would ruin his day lol.
  • Options
    oooooh, never thought about that...
  • Options
    i would do the same. McNabb still has some years left in him and is still good as ever. i would pick up Nabb and drop Bradford and get a beast like Suh. that guy is really damn good. no one all year tore the Longhorn O-Line. then we played Nebraska and Suh made everyone look like a middle school player. the dude is scary good. i hope he does great in the pro level.
  • Options
    I don't want him playing in my division...
  • Options
    have you seen the guy in action?
  • Options
    Yes, and I know he will be tearing through my 49ers shitty O-Line 2 times a year.