Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So give him a year to become familiar with the system there, so he can get the most out of his time there.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    yeah....im also excited for demar dorsey
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I'm looking forward to seeing Dorsey at the spring game.....I want to see what all the hype is about.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,662 master of ceremonies
    looks like the Steelers hate women or something.

Another member of the Pittsburgh Steelers is facing potential trouble stemming from an alleged incident at a nightclub.

But Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who is facing a civil lawsuit in Florida in which a woman accuses him of throwing a drink at her, says he didn't do anything and expects the matter to be dealt with quickly.

Holmes, a former Super Bowl MVP, told ESPN's Rachel Nichols he has confidence that this matter "will be taken care of quickly, within the next 24 hours." When asked about the specifics of the case, he said "I really don't have much to say about it because I didn't do anything. My lawyer is handling it from here."

Holmes has not been charged in connection with the alleged incident.

Courthouse News Service, a legal wire service, reported that the plaintiff in the case, Anshonoe Mills, alleged that on March 7, Holmes ordered her to get off a couch at the Rain Night Club in Orlando and threw his glass at her, cutting her near the eye.

According to the report, Mills also alleges that Orlando police would not take a report from her and that Holmes offered her money.

"[Holmes] proceeded to inform the plaintiff that he was an NFL football player and that he could not face criminal charges. Subsequently, [Holmes] offered to give the plaintiff money because he was an NFL star and could not get into trouble," the complaint alleges, according to the report.
    edited March 2010
    NFL moves umpires:

You might have heard the basics: The league has moved the position of the umpire from about five yards behind the defensive line to about 12 yards deep in the offensive backfield. Final details have yet to be worked out, but it's expected the umpire and referee essentially will flank the quarterback pocket. (I know this because Minnesota coach Brad Childress excitedly drew me a diagram on the final day of the meetings.)

The motivating factor is preserving the health of umpires, who were knocked down more than 100 times in 2009. But I spoke with two NFC North coaches about the change, Childress and Green Bay's Mike McCarthy, and both believe it will help the passing game and perhaps offer quarterbacks better protection as well.
    DETROIT -- Adam Jones is trying hard for a 2010 comeback.

At least three teams, -- the Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers and Cincinnati Bengals -- have expressed "great interest" in the troubled cornerback, though no signing was imminent, agent Ray Savage said Friday.
    ^That's been in the news since early last week. Didn't think to post it since it's gone no further than workouts.
    The Raiders are the leaders in the McNabb sweepstakes right now.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Anyone headed to the Raiders is a waste. Culpepper didnt do shit there, neither will McNabb
    As long as it's not the Rams......Bradford's workout for scouts today went very well, so I'm optimistic. :D
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Since when has there not been a "troubled" player the bengals want.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I just want McNabb out of the NFC all together.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    I want mcnabb to tear apart the cowboys
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    ^ He had his years of beating the Cowboys.

photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    I like anyteam ( besides the steelers) that beats the cowboys and that piece of shit Jerry jones
    Yeah,They are the most hated and the most popular NFL team.

I love my Cowboys and their crazy owner who brought the team 3 championships.

:o)
    I just dont like the Cowboys because every year analysts and shit label them as super bowl contenders, but they never do anything. I mean if they were getting all this praise and deserved it, more power to them. But they are like the Yankees of football.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    The crazy owner also easily lost them a shit ton more. *cough* Jimmy Johnson *cough*

*cough* you just did that earlier and I did it *cough*
    image Photobucket
    Must be going around