Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I still think the move is somewhat admirable, although a second would have been preferred.

You'll probably be picking up a WR in the first or second round of the draft, then load up on defense. You'll be fine.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    doesnt help this year though
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Whats going to be an interesting game now is when the Patriots play the Vikings in Foxboro on October 31st.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    its been awhile since the pats were a wait till next year team, but it sure looks that way. Yes they are 3-1 and can still make the playoffs, but won't make it any further than the first round without a kick in the ass in defense
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    The Patriots have two picks in each of the first four rounds of the draft next year. Even though the organization hasn't exactly hit home runs with their draft picks in the past few years, with that many, they should be fine.

As for the Vikings......they now have the most talented team in the NFC North, maybe in the NFC as a whole. If they can get in sync, watch out.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    next year doesnt matter if there is a lockout
    As for the Vikings......they now have the most talented team in the NFC North, maybe in the NFC as a whole. If they can get in sync, watch out.
    No. I don't believe they come close to the division this year. All you need to do is look at Brett Favre play this year.
    next year doesnt matter if there is a lockout
    You think too much in the short term. Either way, there won't be a lockout. Too much money is to be lost.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Who's going to replace Favre? Cutler?

lawl
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    brett wasn't at training camp.....soooo after the 4th week is really when hes probably starting to get in rhythm......it shocks me how quickly people are will to dismiss a guy who has 19 years of HOF football under his belt
    he's not going to play forever... eventually; he's going to need a replacement. (hopefully its sooner rather than later)

The Vikes have another good 5-6 years in them... especially if AP learns how to hold a football
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    A good 5-6 years with a bad coach, an old Dline and no QB of the future on the team? Their window is closing and thats why they made this trade.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    edited October 2010
    No. I don't believe they come close to the division this year. All you need to do is look at Brett Favre play this year.
    Has he had a receiver of Moss's caliber to spread the field? Nope. Rice has been hurt all year, Percy Harvin has been hot and cold, and the rest have been non-factors. At the very least, Moss's presence spreads the field and makes life much easier for Favre and Adrian Peterson. They have the talent to win the division and the NFC if they can gel quickly. A big if, since they are going into the teeth of their schedule, but they can do it. As I said before, both Green Bay and Chicago are hurting right now and that division is very much up for grabs.
    A good 5-6 years with a bad coach, an old Dline and no QB of the future on the team? Their window is closing and thats why they made this trade.
    Brad Childress is not a bad coach by any means. He got the Vikings to the playoffs with an average QB the year before Favre came to town. The poor planning for the future, for me, falls on the ownership, which has been heavily scrutinized in Minnesota.
    By no means a bad coach, he's right. But still, the lack of a franchise QB means bad things for Moss' future now.
    True, but they haven't worked out an extension for him yet, either.
    I don't think Brad Childress is a very good head coach at all.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    better than wade phillips
    I would KILL to have wade as our Defensive Coor. again..... he was a fucking beast with his game plans.
    better than wade phillips
    I don't think hes better than Wade either.
    In honesty, Frazier made him look better than he was last year, but he's still pretty good.
    I don't think Brad Childress is a very good head coach at all.
    What do you have to base this on?