Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Don't the Seahawks already have a decent running game? <_>
    It's an upgrade over Forsett. The Packers are probably pissed they couldn't get him.
    Lynch was a bigger talent than Forsett, but Forsett has evolved into a good back. I don't want to see him out of the game.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Yes, you do, because you want the Seahawks to lose. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Exactly lol
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Report: Randy Moss on trade block?

The New England Patriots are in talks to trade wide receiver Randy Moss to the Minnesota Vikings, FoxSports.com reported on Tuesday, citing unnamed sources.
    The deal is being held up because Moss would have to sign an extension with the Vikings, according to the report. The seven-time Pro Bowl receiver is in the final year of his four-year deal with New England and has voiced his displeasure at his limbo status.

"When you have done so much and put so much work in, it kind of feels like I am not wanted," Moss said on Sept. 6. "I am taking that in stride and playing my final year out and whatever the future holds is what it holds, but it is kind of a bad feeling -- feeling not wanted. It is not like my production has gone down."

A few days later he apologized for the timing of his comments and said he loves playing in New England.

Although the Patriots crushed the Dolphins on Monday night, Moss did not have a catch -- the first time that's happened for him in a New England uniform. The Foxsports.com report did not specify what the Patriots would get for giving up their primary deep threat.

Moss, 33, started his career with the Vikings after being taken in the first round of the 1998 draft. He led the league in touchdown receptions three times for Minnesota before heading to Oakland in 2005.

The Vikings have been looking for help at receiver for quarterback Brett Favre, but they were unable to work out a deal for the Chargers' Vincent Jackson.
    Fuck!

Forsett > Lynch
    Guess Ed will be a Vikings fan soon <_>
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    Forsett > Lynch
    I like Forsett but I think Lynch has the potential to be the RB they are looking for.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    Forsett > Lynch
    I like Forsett but I think Lynch has the potential to be the RB they are looking for.
    Ryan Leaf had the potential to be a fantastic quarterback.
    edited October 2010
    Lynch was a Pro Bowler two seasons ago. It's not like he hasn't done anything since going pro. The combination of a shitty team and getting himself into legal trouble probably has a little something to do with his steady decline in stats.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    ^that.....Lynch > forsett
    Lynch was a Pro Bowler two seasons ago. It's not like he hasn't done anything since going pro. The combination of a shitty team and getting himself into legal trouble probably has a little something to do with his steady decline in stats.
    Do you think he goes there and gets 800+ yards on the season?
    Not with the split carries he's going to get with Forsett.
    Not with the split carries he's going to get with Forsett.
    If his talent is to be believed in, Forsett will be getting fewer than 5 carries a game by week 7.
    I never said Lynch was that good.
    DAVIE, Fla. -- The prime-time meltdown by the Miami Dolphins' special teams cost an assistant coach his job.

Only 12 hours after a calamitous performance against the New England Patriots, the Dolphins fired special teams coordinator John Bonamego on Tuesday.
    hmmmmmmmm Cowboys vs Titans. Should be a good game and I hope we can stop Johnson. He's not looking so hot lately.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    "The Vikings will send the Patriots their third-round pick in the 2011 draft in return for Moss, a league source told Schefter. "

and this helps the Pats how?
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    edited October 2010
    Forsett > Lynch
    Ryan Leaf had the potential to be a fantastic quarterback.
    That's a bad comparison. Ryan Leaf never showed any flashes of potential while in the NFL and Lynch had a pro bowl season.

photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    "The Vikings will send the Patriots their third-round pick in the 2011 draft in return for Moss, a league source told Schefter. "

and this helps the Pats how?
    It's a long term solution. Walsh used to "get rid of veterans one year early instead of one year late" and I'm pretty sure that's what the Patriots are doing here. They now have a shitload of draft picks, so I'd be happy if I were you. It's not like he was doing awesome this year anyway.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    if the pats failed to resign Moss at the end of the year, they would have got the 3rd round pick anyways