Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Drug War

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ^ well thats all fine and dandy to have your opinion but we live in america so if people want to smoke in there houses it should be up to them not you. though america everyday is getting closer to telling you what is best for you and what you should and shouldnt be doing in the comfort of your own homes.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited October 2010
    people who think this is a "free" country are delusional. The government has and always will tell you what you can do where, even in your "private" residence.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    no argument here saying the govt buds into peoples personal business, but you know its the peoples job to change that.....they can only receive what you let them take
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited October 2010
    just like i find it hilarious that people think prop 19 or any other ballot initiative like it has any chance cuz even if the proposition is passed, the sale of marijuana will remain illegal under federal law via the Controlled Substances Act. The only hope it has is to garnish the support of the president who has the power to call off the federal hound dogs but the chance of that happening is slim to none. so when your precious weed bill is passed, i'll be laughing as Fedzilla strips it away.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    just like i find it hilarious that people think prop 19 or any other ballot initiative like it has any chance cuz even if the proposition is passed, the sale of marijuana will remain illegal under federal law via the Controlled Substances Act. The only hope it has is to garnish the support of the president who has the power to call off the federal hound dogs but the chance of that happening is slim to none. so when your precious weed bill is passed, i'll be laughing as Fedzilla strips it away.

Obama has stated before that he will not bother the states that pass a marijuana law. He may be the first president to understand that the funds used to fight weed could be better spent somewhere else. Not saying that the situation won't change but for now he's said that he'll leave it to the individual states.

On a side note, whether it's legal or not I'll continue to be a user. I finished high school a year early, have two college degrees, hold down two jobs, and am a very resposible husband and parent. I don't fit the stereotype. Weed was never a "gateway" drug for me. My friends had more influence over my decisions to try other things than the weed did. Ultimately it was my choice to try other things.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    edited October 2010
    im not addicted to weed either but i know the first week or two of drying out its hard to sleep at first....but any ways there has really never been sufficient enough studies on pot to prove it does anything negative for your body...sure the smoke isn't good for the lungs but smoking is only one of many options of ingesting THC...my grandpa even showed me a study years ago...i think from some harvard students where they thought smoking pot over time may even help keep you from getting cancer....the point is there needs to be more in depth studies on cannabis and its effect on the human body

that being said there is no reason for it not to be legalized and controlled for the most part the same way booze is controlled....4 effect...hungry, happy, sleep, and your math skillz decline under the influence thats it...erik is to young to understand...in ten years he will be a pot smoker as well
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    You're putting words in my mouth. -_-
    Doesnt really matter cuz youre speakin outta your ass.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    The only hope it has is to garnish the support of the president who has the power to call off the federal hound dogs but the chance of that happening is slim to none. so when your precious weed bill is passed, i'll be laughing as Fedzilla strips it away.
    well when medical pot was allowed the fedz went after the sale of that for a long while to...but people kept fighting for there rights and the fedz called off there dogs on medical pot...whats to say that in time the same thing won't happen if its legalized....and this bill passing will at least show the president and congress that it is an issue that they should start dealing with
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Cheeze comes in with the fatality.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    LOL

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Cheeze comes in with the fatality.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UZLSQEWfnw
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    Study: Alcohol more lethal than heroin, cocaine

LONDON – Alcohol is more dangerous than illegal drugs like heroin and crack cocaine, according to a new study.
    British experts evaluated substances including alcohol, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy and marijuana, ranking them based on how destructive they are to the individual who takes them and to society as a whole.
    Researchers analyzed how addictive a drug is and how it harms the human body, in addition to other criteria like environmental damage caused by the drug, its role in breaking up families and its economic costs, such as health care, social services, and prison.
    Heroin, crack cocaine and methamphetamine, or crystal meth, were the most lethal to individuals. When considering their wider social effects, alcohol, heroin and crack cocaine were the deadliest. But overall, alcohol outranked all other substances, followed by heroin and crack cocaine. Marijuana, ecstasy and LSD scored far lower.
    The study was paid for by Britain's Centre for Crime and Justice Studies and was published online Monday in the medical journal, Lancet.
    Experts said alcohol scored so high because it is so widely used and has devastating consequences not only for drinkers but for those around them.
    "Just think about what happens (with alcohol) at every football game," said Wim van den Brink, a professor of psychiatry and addiction at the University of Amsterdam. He was not linked to the study and co-authored a commentary in the Lancet.
    When drunk in excess, alcohol damages nearly all organ systems. It is also connected to higher death rates and is involved in a greater percentage of crime than most other drugs, including heroin.
    But experts said it would be impractical and incorrect to outlaw alcohol.
    "We cannot return to the days of prohibition," said Leslie King, an adviser to the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and one of the study's authors. "Alcohol is too embedded in our culture and it won't go away."
    King said countries should target problem drinkers, not the vast majority of people who indulge in a drink or two. He said governments should consider more education programs and raising the price of alcohol so it isn't as widely available.
    Ask America: Learn. Listen. Be heard.
    Ask America

Election forum

The Fast Fix

Map snapshot
    Experts said the study should prompt countries to reconsider how they classify drugs. For example, last year in Britain, the government increased its penalties for the possession of marijuana. One of its senior advisers, David Nutt - the lead author on the Lancet study - was fired after he criticized the British decision.
    "What governments decide is illegal is not always based on science," said van den Brink. He said considerations about revenue and taxation, like those garnered from the alcohol and tobacco industries, may influence decisions about which substances to regulate or outlaw.
    "Drugs that are legal cause at least as much damage, if not more, than drugs that are illicit," he said.
    ____

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101101/ap_on_he_me/eu_med_dangerous_alcohol

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    "I have to assume that alcohol played a major role in this, as well as some anger management issues this person may have," Sugarcreek Township Sgt. Mark White said

Bellbrook Father Accused Of Beating Infant

BELLBROOK, Ohio -- Sugarcreek Township Police said a Bellbrook man was arrested after he beat his six-month-old daughter.
    As of early Sunday, the infant was in critical condition at Dayton Children's Medical Center.
    19-year-old Shawn Koval was supposed to be watching his two children while their mother was at work, police said. They also charged him with possessing alcohol as a minor.
    "I have to assume that alcohol played a major role in this, as well as some anger management issues this person may have," Sugarcreek Township Sgt. Mark White said.
    White said police have been called to the couple's Bellbrook apartment before for domestic violence calls, and he said Koval has violent tendencies.
    Police aren't sure yet how the child was beaten, but they said she had two skull fractures and bruises covered her body.
    People who live in the area said, at 19, Koval is practically a child himself.
    "You have to wonder, where are that kid's parents? You know, what are they doing to help out their grandchildren?... He's young, he obviously had problems," Bellbrook resident Kevin Kasch said

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

aint gonna keep me from drinking
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Reading this thread from begining to end made me lol
    Erik you're a retard if you think alcohol or tabacco for that matter is any worse than weed
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    you mean if weed was worse than alcohol or tobacco right?
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    fuck ytallz. im drunk anf good right now. my alchool is always there for me. :]
    oh and when the oppurtunity aruises