Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Official Break-Up Counseling Thread

Comments

• jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Nope. We've just been hanging out a lot lately. Things were looking up but this week has changed that. Today woulda been our one year too.
    >:P
    I can admit were both idiots right now for hanging on to what we had. Its not just me. When we stopped talking and hanging for a month, she got jealous and depressed. I fell into her game and gave her the attention she called for and yet again I have found myself being a fool. She decided she wasn't going to mdf anymore this week so I decided to halt everything I was doing for her recently.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Nope. There's no plans on getting back together and I haven't thought about that either
    whatever. You've had your heart hanging on that for years.
    Years? We've only not been together for a year..
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jag just tell her that you wish her the best in life, you will always remember the friendship you had, but that it isnt healthy for you to remain friends anymore. Close that chapter of your life and move on already.
    Nope. There's no plans on getting back together and I haven't thought about that either
    Is that all it's been? seems longer.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It can happen, but you just have to let it happen. My wife and I were broken up numerous times before we were married and ended up getting back together.
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Essentially that's what needs to happen Wake. I've done what I've had to with no avail so instead of going thru the same worn out, redundant cycle, I need to move forward and not bite when she plays her attention game.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Is that all it's been? seems longer.
    Yup, we broke it off last April. Started dating in, or rather around, Sept 2009..finally got together June 2010..then were screwed April 2011. Been quite a while
    imageimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It can happen, but you just have to let it happen. My wife and I were broken up numerous times before we were married and ended up getting back together.
    this....

I met my girl when i was 15 and she was 14, we just kissed a few times and that was it, she didnt want to date me cause I was getting with other chicks and all that noise, we were freshmen... then a year later i wanted to be with her so bad i fucking would get detention just if she had it so i could ride the bus with her, finally after months i dumped this other jawn and we started dating. We were madd serious for like 3 years, then she went away to college, we were off and on for about 4 years, then in 2006 when we moved in together we have soley been exclusive, then in 2009 i realized i wanted to marry her proposed and now were married..... i guess kids are next.
    Yeah it can happen but it requires a very small subset of reasons for the breakup. The thing is- if you break up once, then you gotta ask yourself what has changed so that the breakup wont happen again? People typically just dont break up for no reason, and someone can say they are going to change, but often times the change that is required runs too deep within a person to change forever.

If you break up with someone it is healthier to just move on because it is more likely the case that the relationship can't be salvaged. You CF are the exception, not the rule.
    Yeah it can happen but it requires a very small subset of reasons for the breakup. The thing is- if you break up once, then you gotta ask yourself what has changed so that the breakup wont happen again? People typically just dont break up for no reason, and someone can say they are going to change, but often times the change that is required runs too deep within a person to change forever.

If you break up with someone it is healthier to just move on because it is more likely the case that the relationship can't be salvaged. You CF are the exception, not the rule.
    what about me? I think it happens mopre then you think cause time apart i know for me totally made our bond stronger.
    If a girl breaks up with you, you never want to be that guy hanging onto threads hoping she changes her mind and takes you back. It makes you look pathetic and it aint ever going to work out. If you break up and move on and then life brings you two back together then that's something different altogether I think.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah the time apart is the thing. I broke up w/ my wife a couple times and she broke up with me once and during the time apart that's when you realize that you miss the person and that maybe that is who you want to be with.

It won't happen all the time obv, but it happens alot more than you think.
    see the thing with me and my girl is we never reallyt broke up, i went to jail for a while once, and she went to college for a while once and we just had a mutual agreement that when we were together we'd be together and when we were apart weed be apart. I donno, i missed her when she was away at colleg, but i also got madd vagine and i had fun with that, but i would always drop what i was doing and be there for her at the drop of a dime.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    not you
    to the self proclaimed therepists in here
    imageimage
    not you
    to the self proclaimed therepists in here
    That might mean something if I valued your opinion. You've proven much too often that you are conceded, self-absorbed, bitch. I honestly think you are the the shittist person on this site. No joke.
    edited March 2012
    crying?

That might mean something if I valued your opinion.
    imageimage
    No. I Just wanted to be honest with you for once... I walk that line with you where I want to be nice, and I want to give you the benefit of the doubt- But you just are so obnoxious that lately i've found it hard to look past your shit.

You are not a nice person. And it's more then just not being nice... Like I said Conceded, self-absorbed, shitty. You are literally the epitome of why the world hates people that live in the USA.
    That might mean something if I valued your opinion.
    imageimage