Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Official Break-Up Counseling Thread

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I'm really sorry man. My girl and I dated for 2 years and 3 months. She broke up with me and it was torture. I had spent every year of high school with her (last 2 weeks of freshmen year, sophomore year, junior year, first week of senior year), so learning how to be single was extremely tough for me. I became very depressed but eventually I got over it. I surrounded myself with metal and other music, hung out with my bros more, and played guitar. She started dating some guy much older than us about 3 months after we broke up an that killed me. I relapsed and fell into depression again. Right now I'm sort of unstable and feel as if I can relapse easily again. There are so many things with her that she wanted to stop doing but when she dated this new guy, she was cool with doing that with him. It killed me because I found her to be a hypocrite and thought she didn't care for me to begin with. She did but it sucked because I thought she didnt. Right now I'm still wishing I had a girl but I have more freedom now and can hang with my bros whenever. Just try to look at the bright side of stuff. Don't, seriously, don't consider suicide. Everyone has a lot to offer to the world and you have to realize life will be better. You'll see better days man. I hope somewhere in my "essay", you'll find some advice. Feel better man
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    I know I would never actually kill myself but I have just been thinking aboutit more recently. Even before we made it official. like what people feel when they plan it and its how I feel now. I plan to distract myself with metal and puzzles and stuff

she started texting me an hour ago wondering if its the right thing. I feel like we need a break either way. I should stick to my guns and at least take a break from her right?
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    I know I would never actually kill myself but I have just been thinking aboutit more recently. Even before we made it official. like what people feel when they plan it and its how I feel now. I plan to distract myself with metal and puzzles and stuff

she started texting me an hour ago wondering if its the right thing. I feel like we need a break either way. I should stick to my guns and at least take a break from her right?
    If you feel like you need a break from her, then yes, you need a break from her.

Feel better, sweetie! :)

If you have a sense that you want to be with her then I'd say be with her man. If my ex showed me any respect I would love to be back with her because everything we had was awesome. If you have some doubt then maybe you shouldn't get back with her.
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    My girl and me got back together recently. I can tell you that I appreciated the break it helped us both to see a lot of things that were wrong in our relationship. We've both grown a lot and stronger from it. If you feel you guys need a break then stay on a break but not if you can't handle the idea that she might not come back to you after the break.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    new breakup story....it happened today. i know i dont know any of you very well since i dont post much but i need to vent i guess. my and my girlfriend broke up today after 13 months. she was my first girlfriend other than like the dumb ones in 6th and 8th grade. she was the first one i said the L-word to so she means a lot to me. we had the best times of my life together. i had struggled with depression and suicidal ideations before i met her and she like instantly cured them. now they are coming back. the last couple months she hung out with her friends and team alot so we kind of drifted apart. and we both had a feeling it would end soon. but now that its officially over its weird. i dont really have real friends and can hang out with all the time. i know this sounds like dumb kids in love but we were planning to stay together for a long time. i graduate college next year so i was planning on living at school for an extra 2 years until she graduated too so we didnt have to do the long distance thing. idk what to feel now. obviously sad. and mad, depressed, hopeless, im never going to find another girl like her again. or how long ill feel this way. it sucks hardcore dude.
    dude... i know EXACTLY how you feel. the same thing happened to me. i got dumped by my first love, and it hurts like a bitch.
    i too suffer with depression. NEVER GIVE IN THOUGH.

try and find some sort of outlet. music. both listening to , and writing got me through alot. if you have any friends or family you can hang with do that.

we're here for you man. if you persevere, you'll find happiness
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    My girl and me got back together recently. I can tell you that I appreciated the break it helped us both to see a lot of things that were wrong in our relationship. We've both grown a lot and stronger from it. If you feel you guys need a break then stay on a break but not if you can't handle the idea that she might not come back to you after the break.
    gratz to u

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    It's like that thing girls always want what they can't have. I feel like now that she realizes I'm not actually with her she's like o shit I gotta get him back which makes me feel nice but I think I need a break from her. To focus on me cuz even before this happened I was down on myself

Thanks everyone for the support. Metal is a brotherhood and I feel like you all are my brothers and sisters even if were not the closest friends
    Yeah listening to music and playing guitar, hanging with my bros as well got me out of it
    It's like that thing girls always want what they can't have. I feel like now that she realizes I'm not actually with her she's like o shit I gotta get him back which makes me feel nice but I think I need a break from her. To focus on me cuz even before this happened I was down on myself

Thanks everyone for the support. Metal is a brotherhood and I feel like you all are my brothers and sisters even if were not the closest friends
    If you think you need a break then that's probably best. Feel better man
    Anytime. If you need anything else, we're all here
    well i'm expecting some interesting news in a few days. i'll let people know what's up because i do/will need advice
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've only had two bad ones before, and every time what I do the day after is take some time to myself and just go on a hike or something. I do that a lot during fights, but it makes break ups seem a lot better. Just get outside and spend some time reminding yourself that there's a lot more out there than any one person.

Then I go get drunk.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've only had two bad ones before, and every time what I do the day after is take some time to myself and just go on a hike or something. I do that a lot during fights, but it makes break ups seem a lot better. Just get outside and spend some time reminding yourself that there's a lot more out there than any one person.

Then I go get drunk.
    you're a smart man. I learned to do this as well, and it is exactly right. You can either wallow in pity or get out and conquer the world.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I'd rather not be in a relationship then be in one if that makes any sense
    imageimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy

Then I go get drunk.
    you're a smart man. I learned to do this as well, and it is exactly right. You can either wallow in pity or get out and conquer the world.
    no doubt

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I know exactly what you mean. I love casual fucks too. nothing better then just sleeping around with many anonymous partners in a consequence free environment.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    you cheat on your wife?
    imageimage
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I know exactly what you mean. I love casual fucks too. nothing better then just sleeping around with many anonymous partners in a consequence free environment.
    I don't even want that :-))

imageimage