Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,794 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Dee Bradley Baker ❤️
    He was so cool man. A lot of questions were asked about getting into voice acting and apparently he manages a website that teaches people about voice acting for absolutely no charge. Mad respect because most people would slap a price tag on that and monetize it but he just does it for the love of the game
     Yes!! Voice acting is the dream for me and I’ve been digging on that website for over a month and still haven’t been through everything. I absolutely love him for it and it’s helped me immensely. I’ve been out on a couple auditions lately for some small local stuff and he’s been such a great inspiration. Wish I found out about that site sooner but better late than never and even if this never goes anywhere for me I’ll be eternally grateful that he put out a free resource like that that’s loaded with info. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,666 spicy boy
    I wish I would have listened to bill kreutzman’s (sp?) panel at the cannabis cup 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Dee Bradley Baker ❤️
    He was so cool man. A lot of questions were asked about getting into voice acting and apparently he manages a website that teaches people about voice acting for absolutely no charge. Mad respect because most people would slap a price tag on that and monetize it but he just does it for the love of the game
     Yes!! Voice acting is the dream for me and I’ve been digging on that website for over a month and still haven’t been through everything. I absolutely love him for it and it’s helped me immensely. I’ve been out on a couple auditions lately for some small local stuff and he’s been such a great inspiration. Wish I found out about that site sooner but better late than never and even if this never goes anywhere for me I’ll be eternally grateful that he put out a free resource like that that’s loaded with info. 
    Dude that's awesome I didn't know you were into that but it makes sense, we always talk animation. Keep grinding bro 
    Thanks brother! Yeah I’ve been creating my own characters and doing stupid voices as early as like 6 years old I can remember. It wasn’t until like 8 years ago I realized it was something I may actually be able to do lol it’s fun as fuck. The actual like big auditions are scarier than any stage I’ve ever stepped on to do comedy for lmao but it’s like the same addictive adrenaline. I’ve been wanting to go back to school to learn a little more because I’ve always wanted to produce my own thing and that’s something I know I can definitely do
    Seriously though, his website is the fucking shit. I looked back through my phone at when I first saw it and turns out I’ve actually been digging around on it for almost 3 months lmao still not through with everything. EG Daily and Cree Summer have some great stuff too as far as how the industry works (I actually found out about Baker’s website through a Cree Summer seminar I was watching). 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Convince me to go to a con. 

When I looked at a horror one here in cincy it seemed like it was just spending a ton of money. 

Gotta buy the ticket in 
    want to meet someone pay
    want to get them to sign something pay again 
    want them to take a picture pay again 
    Obviously you’re gonna pay for items and stuff too 

I took a step back and decided not to do it because I would just end up blowing a fuck ton of money, is there anything worth while once you’re inside that isn’t an up charge from the original payment just to get in the door? 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    mrAPE said:
    Convince me to go to a con. 
    No. 
    Truthfully you probably wouldn't like it. At Denver there was a ton of stuff to do for free, but a lot of it probably wouldn't be your cup of tea. They have celebrity panels where they talk about their work and do a Q&A with fans. There are workshops and lectures where you can learn and get feedback from successful artists, writers, voice actors, etc. Mine had a nerdy car show with vehicles from jurassic park, Ghostbusters, the batmobile, etc. There was a second car show outside the venue based on cars from the Fast and Furious movies. There was an exibit with screen used star wars props. These local groups make giant set designs that you can take pictures with. Jabba the Hutt/Bobba Fetts throne, a giant Bantha, the stairwell to resident evil 1, lifesize R2D2s driving around. Trivia events. Cosplay competitions and meet ups. My con partners with a local nonptofit to make panels and events for little kids. In one of them a semi famous comic artist would do individual 1vs1 drawing showdowns with the kids and then let them keep his sketch. 

The vendors are key too. Bought a bunch of shit i would never have found in the wild as far as toys and collectibles go. A ton of cool shirt and clothing vendors. Bought a bunch of art from local artists that I'll hang up in my home office. 
    Dime2 said:
    Thanks brother! Yeah I’ve been creating my own characters and doing stupid voices as early as like 6 years old I can remember. It wasn’t until like 8 years ago I realized it was something I may actually be able to do lol it’s fun as fuck. The actual like big auditions are scarier than any stage I’ve ever stepped on to do comedy for lmao but it’s like the same addictive adrenaline. I’ve been wanting to go back to school to learn a little more because I’ve always wanted to produce my own thing and that’s something I know I can definitely do
    Thats sick dude i cant believe we've never talked about this. What would you wanna go back to school for?

For your own thing, what were you thinking? 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Truthfully you probably wouldn't like it. At Denver there was a ton of stuff to do for free, but a lot of it probably wouldn't be your cup of tea. They have celebrity panels where they talk about their work and do a Q&A with fans. There are workshops and lectures where you can learn and get feedback from successful artists, writers, voice actors, etc. Mine had a nerdy car show with vehicles from jurassic park, Ghostbusters, the batmobile, etc. There was a second car show outside the venue based on cars from the Fast and Furious movies. There was an exibit with screen used star wars props. These local groups make giant set designs that you can take pictures with. Jabba the Hutt/Bobba Fetts throne, a giant Bantha, the stairwell to resident evil 1, lifesize R2D2s driving around. Trivia events. Cosplay competitions and meet ups. My con partners with a local nonptofit to make panels and events for little kids. In one of them a semi famous comic artist would do individual 1vs1 drawing showdowns with the kids and then let them keep his sketch. 

The vendors are key too. Bought a bunch of shit i would never have found in the wild as far as toys and collectibles go. A ton of cool shirt and clothing vendors. Bought a bunch of art from local artists that I'll hang up in my home office. 
    I’m a Star Wars and Jurassic park nerd sir. In fact I want a better picture of that maul thing in your one picture. 

It just seemed like to go you spend money to spend money to spend more money with no value to the actual price to get in if that makes sense 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,666 spicy boy
    Facefuck 😅

That guy was fine, but I remember him being a bit weird when we met up irl.  
    I’m shocked 
    mrAPE said:

I’m a Star Wars and Jurassic park nerd sir. In fact I want a better picture of that maul thing in your one picture. 

It just seemed like to go you spend money to spend money to spend more money with no value to the actual price to get in if that makes sense 
    No I know you are, you just don't seem like the type of guy who would go check out cosplays or go to a panel. I could be wrong though
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Andrew Garfield does not look like he wants to be here today with all these nerds 😂😂😂😂
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    "bud... you can't say that... in front of your mom"
    Dime2 said:
    Thats sick dude i cant believe we've never talked about this. What would you wanna go back to school for?

For your own thing, what were you thinking? 
     I never really know how to bring it up without sounding pretentious lmao I’d like to go back to learn more stuff on like the production end of things. I’ve done my own like amateur stuff radio shows and flash animations and stuff like that but I’d love to learn more on the production end 
    Pretty much I’d like to learn the other side of the booth