Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It’s like exactly how I thought it would be lol
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    @WakeOfAshes here's our place. Just took these photos this morning. Another shitty blue sky autumn day. We have a very very small section (land area) but land is pricey here as we are close to the beach so we have what is called a "half-site". Hardly any lawn at all. 

• Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2020
    looks nice. Reminds me of west coast homes that are near the ocean. Pic of your ocean view? 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Lmfao this is the perfect set-up for a Wake humble flex. Poetry in motion.
    I don’t live by the ocean. I’m a couple miles from Lake Ontario however no view 

4:33 EST @ Kennedy space center pad 39A.... first time in 9 years that we have launched American Astronauts from American soil, using American rockets and capsules... and first time it’s being attempted from a commercial company!!! My company’s products are on board Falcon 9 rocket! 

Privatize the roads
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,793 jayfacer
    Jus recently copped all my aquarium equipment and the aquarium itself is on the way. Starting up my first ever saltwater tank and extremely excited about it. Cost over $1,000 already and I didn’t even get the fish yet lmao definitely not cheap pets to keep.
    Jus recently copped all my aquarium equipment and the aquarium itself is on the way. Starting up my first ever saltwater tank and extremely excited about it. Cost over $1,000 already and I didn’t even get the fish yet lmao definitely not cheap pets to keep.
    Are you trying to set it up to be self cleaning? I want an aquarium for my office but I want like zero maintenance and I’m not sure how easy that is to achieve. I’ve been googling but haven’t got a good answer 
    Nope, completely self cleaning is impossible because either way you need to do weekly manual 10-20% water changes. Not to mention that for saltwater, that also means manually mixing the salt in for each gallon of new water each week. Not much work in that regard because that would mean 4 gallons a week for a 40 gallon, for instance.

But thru use of RO/DI water, (Essential for saltwater or you’ll have fish and especially corals dropping dead.) live rock, quality filtration, and a good cleaner crew in your tank, (These would be stuff like Cleaner Shrimp, Snails, etc. that feed on algae and waste.) your water will for the most part stay naturally pristine wit minimum algae and the cleaning will only consist of your weekly water change.
    So I had a roommate in college and he had a small like 2 foot by 1 foot by 2 foot fresh water tank. I lived with this guy for at least 9 months and I didn’t see him change the water even once. He only had like 5-6 small regular fish and then he had 3-4 algae eating fish. I’ve talked to others into aquariums and they said almost exactly what you did too and when I told them about my friend they said “you are remembering wrong. Not possible to never clean”. Do you agree I must be remembering wrong? 

Tank cleaning seems like a lot of work especially if you get a decent size tank like I’d like. 
    You answered your own question Wake
    edited May 2020
    So I had a roommate in college and he had a small like 2 foot by 1 foot by 2 foot fresh water tank. I lived with this guy for at least 9 months and I didn’t see him change the water even once. He only had like 5-6 small regular fish and then he had 3-4 algae eating fish. I’ve talked to others into aquariums and they said almost exactly what you did too and when I told them about my friend they said “you are remembering wrong. Not possible to never clean”. Do you agree I must be remembering wrong? 

Tank cleaning seems like a lot of work especially if you get a decent size tank like I’d like. 
    Well you said it was freshwater, freshwater is a lot more forgiving. For instance you can get away wit tap water for freshwater if you use purifying chemicals, (Although still not ideal) whereas tap water is a death sentence for saltwater. So if dude really didn’t clean at all, that’s terrible and not how it’s sposed to be done, but freshwater fish have a chance of still surviving that whereas saltwater fish absolutely do not.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Fish tanks are like boars. Its a lot better if your friend has one lol.