Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    a guy I work with was going on yesterday about a nintendo world champion game he found on ebay
    that's listed for $14,000. I guess there's only 60 left of the original 90 made. he says it's one of his dreams to own one of these things. I can think of a lot better things to do with $14K.
    dude's devistated - he got out bid :-))
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Damn he actually went for it? I thought it was like "It's my dream to own it but not something I can go for right now" Not "HERE GOES FOURTEEN GRAND AHHHH HAHA"
    image Photobucket
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    Been confirmed that it wasn't Ray Liotta...damn that would've been badass.
    :'(
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    who's to say they would even use his voice in the trailer.....its the first trailer...i wouldn't say them not using his voice means its not tommy

• fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    a guy I work with was going on yesterday about a nintendo world champion game he found on ebay
    that's listed for $14,000. I guess there's only 60 left of the original 90 made. he says it's one of his dreams to own one of these things. I can think of a lot better things to do with $14K.
    dude's devistated - he got out bid :-))
    the game Stadium Events for NES has went for over $40 000 at auctions and people have paid $10 000 for the box alone.

the World Champion game is only worth $14 000 if its the gold cartridge. the gray one is only worth about $6000
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    what about ocarina of time gold with box?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i dont know but i also have it complete with box, in fact i probably even still have the receipt
    who's to say they would even use his voice in the trailer.....its the first trailer...i wouldn't say them not using his voice means its not tommy

Eh I would. Ray WAS Tommy. Also I realized Tommy would be like 60 by now.
    Pretty sure I read an article about some guy finding one of those games in his attic and expected to get maybe $5 on ebay...Some people just get so lucky
    image Photobucket
    I lol'd reading this
    "But I see in the Grand Theft Auto V trailer a dog, and wonder, will there really be animals in this game? Will I be driving along minding my own business and a dog darts out and *thump* hear the squeal and kill the dog? Will I be in a huge fight with the cops, and throwing grenades and see dogs go flying cause it wandered in too close? Yes I understand I am killing thousands of humans, but running over one dog in the game would bother me far more than that. Honestly, if I know I could be running over dogs often by accident I don't know if I could play that game. Strange hypocrisy I know, but it's how I feel."

Also there's apparently no way in hell the trailer was from ps3 or xbox 360.
    "I’m thinking we’re either looking at PC exclusive footage or potentially Wii U footage. It’s obviously not running on PS3 or Xbox 360 hardware, because based on the limitations of the RAM and the video cards it’s just not technically possible. Heck, this isn’t even discussing additional details like ragdoll physics, NPC reactions and the Euphoria engine attached to RAGE. I mean, if all those cars and peds were on the street and a single shot was fired off, the game (running on current gen consoles) would come to a near screeching halt trying to calculate all of the possible reactions at the same time. The only way this footage would be possible on either of the current gen consoles is if Rockstar tailor made each shot from in-game, specifically for the video."
    image Photobucket
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Wut? Didn't he survive the ending of Vice City?
    I lol'd reading this
    "But I see in the Grand Theft Auto V trailer a dog, and wonder, will there really be animals in this game? Will I be driving along minding my own business and a dog darts out and *thump* hear the squeal and kill the dog? Will I be in a huge fight with the cops, and throwing grenades and see dogs go flying cause it wandered in too close? Yes I understand I am killing thousands of humans, but running over one dog in the game would bother me far more than that. Honestly, if I know I could be running over dogs often by accident I don't know if I could play that game. Strange hypocrisy I know, but it's how I feel."

Also there's apparently no way in hell the trailer was from ps3 or xbox 360.
    "I’m thinking we’re either looking at PC exclusive footage or potentially Wii U footage. It’s obviously not running on PS3 or Xbox 360 hardware, because based on the limitations of the RAM and the video cards it’s just not technically possible. Heck, this isn’t even discussing additional details like ragdoll physics, NPC reactions and the Euphoria engine attached to RAGE. I mean, if all those cars and peds were on the street and a single shot was fired off, the game (running on current gen consoles) would come to a near screeching halt trying to calculate all of the possible reactions at the same time. The only way this footage would be possible on either of the current gen consoles is if Rockstar tailor made each shot from in-game, specifically for the video."
    first part made me lol

second part made me sadface
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    edited November 2011
    Finally finished the story to Uncharted 3. Arkham City, Skyrim, and every other campaign story won't have shit on it. My god it was amazing and totally blew the other two Uncharted's away. Ending brought a nig to tears :')
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Still playing Uncharted 3...I worship this fucking game.

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    nothing is even going to come close to Skyrim's depth of gameplay this year. From what i read uncharted 3 is damn near on rails
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    I'm talking story not game play here. RPG=/ action adventure
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i'm sure skyrim will still have a better story regardless and ones that's not on rails