Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    The closed beta for PC was hell of a lot better. Holy shit they need to patch and debug this shit quick lol.
    Any word on the Xbox Live Gold one day sale? I need to renew mine since it expired yesterday, but I don't want to buy a 12month yet since I am looking for the cheapest price.

So far on Amazon they have it for $48
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Any word on the Xbox Live Gold one day sale? I need to renew mine since it expired yesterday, but I don't want to buy a 12month yet since I am looking for the cheapest price.

So far on Amazon they have it for $48
    XBLA:
    -Hydrophobia - 240 Microsoft Points - 70% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - 400 Microsoft Points - 67% off - Metacritic
    -The Path of Go - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic
    -Torchlight - 400 Microsoft Points - 67% off - Metacritic - Quick Look

DLC:
    Your Shape Fitness - Bundle: New Year, New You + Dance Workout: Bollywood - 160 Microsoft Points - 71% off

These also went on sale earlier in the week:

XBLA:
    -Bionic Commando: Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic
    -Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -Blade Kitten - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic
    -Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -Islands of Wakfu - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic
    -Moon Diver - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -Monday Night Combat - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -Outland - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look Road Show @ Ubisoft
    -Section 8: Prejudice - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - 400 Microsoft Points - 67% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -Shank - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -Star Raiders - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -The Maw - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -Trials HD - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -Trouble Witches Neo! - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic
    -Yar's Revenge - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look Road Show @ Atari

DLC:
    -Assassin's Creed II - Sequence 12: Battle of Forli - 160 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -Assassin's Creed II - Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations - 280 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic
    -Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening - 1200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
    -Section 8: Prejudice - Blitz Pack - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off
    -Section 8: Prejudice - Frontier Colonies Map Pack - 160 Microsoft Points
    -Section 8: Prejudice - Overdrive Map Pack - 160 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Themes:
    -Halo: Reach - Noble Team Theme - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

-Alien Blob (Pet) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off
    -Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - The Noble Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off
    -Scuba Suit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I like the BF3 beta so far.

There are laser scopes and light attachments that you can blind your opponents, and sometimes your teammates, with. That took some getting used to. The medic, which is now Support, and Assault kits have been switched up a bit. Assault now has the medical stuff, while Support gets the ammo, but still uses the light machine guns.

The only game type available for the beta is Rush, which is not my favorite but it's alright. The level starts outside in a park area, then moves down to the subway, then back up to the city. I'm guessing it's supposed to be New York City or something like it.
    Yeah, that makes sense.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    There's a bunch of new 3d trailers on the e-shop
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bout to try out the BF3 beta. And to answer your question Skully, it is on the PS3 and it is free. You just download it from the store.
    cool, maybe i'll give it a shot. how long is it gonna be up?
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    It ends on the 10th.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    cool. im gonna have to check that out.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    RAGE just fucking came up on me. All the hype I heard about the game and I didn't even know when it would be released. Guess I'll pick that up if the reviews are nice.

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    RAGE just fucking came up on me. All the hype I heard about the game and I didn't even know when it would be released. Guess I'll pick that up if the reviews are nice.
    that game looks sick.
    Rage will be an insane game no doubt about it.

Batman Arkham City, Rage, and Battlefield 3 this month.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Batman comes out this month too??? Fuckkkkkkk about to spend over a hundred dollars in games this month.

• LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2011
    I just bought this controller for my PS3 today

I despise the ps3 controller and love the 360 controller so maybe this will actually make me want to play my ps3 more.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Played the BF3 beta I think it's fun but not Pre-Order worthy.
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    copy cats
    3rd party controller derp...
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    copy cats
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    copy cats
    it's still a copy of the 360 controller for ps3 derp... <_>
    Which is AWESOME. So far its pretty good my only gripe is the D-pad could be a bit more sensitive for my liking.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.