Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Finally getting more solid paychecks now which means ME 3a shall be payed off ASAP SUCCESS
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Dayna and I play ME coop

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    so i should have to shell out 50 bucks for gold just so i can play a part of a game thats been single player from the start? thats insane
    although if i did play ME co-op i'd probably be really fucking good at it. i did do insanity without too much difficulty
    It's 50 a year. Not like you're paying monthly, if that was the case then you shouldn't have to deal.

I think they stopped that

edited October 2011
    i highly doubt it will be worth my time, i'll wait til video of it is posted online to see. what i'm worried about is EA. they have a policy of shoving multiplayer down everyone's throats as fast as possible.

i have a feeling that most if not all of the ME3 DLC will focus around it
    i'm reading the me3 forum and a ton of people are worried that if you fuck up at all on SP for the Glatic Readiness you'll have to make up for it though MP if you want the best ending.

i share this concern
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Not like BioWare doesn't know how to do multiplayer or anything. Not like they are doing Star Wars Old Republic which is going to have over a million players. Naw BioWare can't do ME3 multiplayer even though EA didn't tell them to...BioWare wanted to....
    comparing an MMO to ME3 is like comparing mutant league football to madden 2012
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Why did you decide not to include it as a part of the main campaign?
    Our priority and focus with Mass Effect 3 has and always will be to deliver a complete and satisfying single player experience.

Does the addition of co-op multiplayer missions impact the scope or quality of the single-player experience?
    No. A dedicated team from our recently formed BioWare Montreal studio has been focused on creating the multiplayer game features while the main game continued to be developed by the team in BioWare Edmonton. Both teams are integrated under the same leadership group that produced Mass Effect 1 and 2, led by Casey Hudson. BioWare remains dedicated to delivering one of the most amazing single-player campaigns gamers have ever experienced.

well would you like at that.
    edited October 2011
    i've read all of what bioware has said but i'm still skeptical b/c they have contradicted themselves

at one point they say it wont affect SP at all then 2 sentences later they say it will affect your galactic readiness level for SP, stating "it will still be possible" to achieve max solo. to me that means its going to be a lot harder to get it perfect if you skip the MP
    holy shit, there making a mass effect movie.
    been reading though a lot of the me3 fourm and i'm glad i don't play on PC, that Origin shit is unacceptable.

EA is forcing you to install spyware and monitoring programs that sell your info to third parties to play the game

this is in the ELUA

13. Injunctive Relief. You agree that a breach of this License may cause irreparable injury to EA for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy and EA shall be entitled to seek equitable relief in addition to any remedies it may have hereunder or at law.

also it was said that battlefield 3 on all platforms is requiring you to use Origin. glad i don't play MP with shit like this.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Lol at people throwing at fit over a game having a multiplayer feature. Get friends bitch. Then you won't need only single player games.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    edited October 2011
    so i watched casey hudson talk about me 3 multiplayer on bioware pulse and he confirmed my fears.

he said " if your a completionist you'll still be able to get the best ending. so pretty much if you miss anything or really fuck up a mission your forced into multiplayer

Lol at people throwing at fit over a game having a multiplayer feature. Get friends bitch. Then you won't need only single player games.
    i'm not bitching about the game having multiplayer, its the fact its linked to the single player thats the problem. if it was stand alone, no involvement with the storyline whatsoever it would be a non factor. also some people enjoy a game with a storyline, not just mindless deathmatchs with 13yr olds hundreds of times
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    "not just mindless deathmatchs with 13yr olds hundreds of times"

There's no "versus" in ME3 tho.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    "not just mindless deathmatchs with 13yr olds hundreds of times"

There's no "versus" in ME3 tho.
    i'm aware of that, but that's a rarity for multiplayer games.

the most simple fix for a lot of the actual multiplayer problems that will arise from drops outs and such and what would satisfy the single players is to make the missions replace players with bots when theres less than 4 people. like how L4D did it.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    seriously.
    You can get the best ending with single player.
    The multiplayer is just another way to get it n i didnt hear anythin about being forced to use it.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i was pissed when they changed legend of zelda from the top down perspective to the side scrolling back in the 80's but you dont hear me complaining