Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    They both hold up crazy well still. Like the first game for each franchise is obviously rough but the definitive versions are far and away found on Reignited and The N. Sane trilogy. I never really enjoyed Crash 1 until N Sane 
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I’ve played 

gta 3 
    vice city 
    and now 5 

I may have started San Andreas but can’t remember. 

Gta3 I rented the day I got an Xbox 360 had it for a week spent the entire time just getting in chases fucking hookers and robbing people. Didn’t realize until I bought the game a month later there were actual missions lol 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    I have a really weird history with GTA. My parents were really strict growing up so me and my brothers were never allowed to play it. When id go over to my friends and play San Andreas for a little but it was mostly dicking around in the open world with cheat codes. My first GTA game wasn’t until IV and then I played V. Those are the only two I’ve fully played. Is that trilogy collection worth picking up? I don’t have much time to play these days but I’d really like to experience 3, San Andreas and Vice City in full 
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    Idk that 3 is really worth going back to, but vice city and SA are absolutely worth playing if you haven't before. 

• Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,595 spicy boy
    San Andreas is a must play 
  • Options
    How are they in that collection though? It’s not like a fully remastered thing, right?
  • Options
    I bought it and it was fine except the mission where Smoke has to shoot at the train. 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    edited January 10
    Dime2 said:
    I have a really weird history with GTA. My parents were really strict growing up so me and my brothers were never allowed to play it. When id go over to my friends and play San Andreas for a little but it was mostly dicking around in the open world with cheat codes. My first GTA game wasn’t until IV and then I played V. Those are the only two I’ve fully played. Is that trilogy collection worth picking up? I don’t have much time to play these days but I’d really like to experience 3, San Andreas and Vice City in full 
    You can skip 3. It was revolutionary at the time but it hasn't aged well. It's a fine game but pretty basic by today's standards. 

Vice City and San Andreas are both must plays. The trilogy collection has its positives and negatives. They updated the outdated controls from the ps2 era to be more like the controls in GTA V. It's probably one of the worst graphical remasters in recent memory though. Some of the characters look weird and they used AI to upscale some of the map so every once in a while you'll see a billboard or poster on a building and the text is gibberish which sucks (idk if this got fixed but I played at launch) 

Since you haven't played them at all I'd definitely recommend it. 
    Post edited by FIRENATHANIELHACKETT on
  • Options
    For sure thanks. Might make that the next purchase game wise 
  • Options
    edited January 10
    From what ive heard, the remasters have somewhat been fixed, but when i played them briefly, none of it was enough to ruin the experience. 

SA is an all timer though. The feeling like they built an entire state was something ill never forget from my teenage years. 

I don't feel like they have hit that kind of leap like they did from Vice city to SA since. Thats part of the reason why im so excited for 6. I feel like were really going to see a leap in innovation.
  • Options
    I should correct myself. Because the leap from GTA V to red dead 2 was amazing. 

Red dead 2's world is leaps and bounds better than gta V. It's just a different time period so I don't really lump it in with the GTA games. 

It's been several years since that game came out and it's still like the best looking game I've played lol. The gore in that game is lit af
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    I remember being a kid and playing 3 for the first time. I couldn’t believe my eyes. It’s still a fun playthrough today but it has definitely aged. 

• Options
    I still remember finding the banshee in 3
  • Options
    That Claw got my ears perked up ngl

• Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,612 jayfacer
    NOCAP said:
    That Claw got my ears perked up ngl
    Well that switched up quick. 🤣🤣
  • Options
    lol it did for a moment but saw no 32gb version and no VRR. Interested in seeing real world performance plus battery life though

• Options
    Man I'm playing spider man 2 and I am just not caring for it all.that much. Like it's fine, but it does nothing new really. The wings are kind of cool but the combat is just a carbon copy of the last game. 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    Yeah i dont get the hype with those games. They're fine but the first one did nothing to innovate that Arkham Asylum didn't do 15 years ago except the web swinging. Nothing I've seen from the second one changed my mind either 
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,612 jayfacer
    This faggot on COD got big mad and told me to “Reconsider existing” and I gotta give it to em, that’s one of the hardest ways to say kill yourself I ever heard in my life, I was legitimately impressed. 🤣
  • Options
    Playing Alan Wake 2 in ultrawide oled >>>