Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,223 mod
    >Is obsessed wit handheld PCs that are digital only.
    Keep going you’re about to make me cum

• Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,606 jayfacer
    😐 I’m not even tryna roast but it makes zero sense lmao. You already been gaming on digital only devices and obsessing on collecting them, but suddenly it’s “I’m not partaking if it’s digital only.”

Make it make sense.
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,223 mod
    Yeah I’m cap. Just won’t have need for a console anymore since I have my PCs. I still don’t like it because I love my physical media but I figured we were headed down this path. 

• Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,466 spicy boy
    yeah only console i have now is ps5 and i rarely dust it off. 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,552 spicy boy
    Picking up a free Sony Trinitron CRT tomorrow
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    No fucking way. 🤣🤣 I saw the FB post and my immediate thought was “That’s an extremely specific request.” and you actually got one quick as fuck lmao.
  • Options
    did you sell all of your gaming stuff just to buy it back?
  • Options
    did you sell all of your gaming stuff just to buy it back?
     free

• Options
    FUCK having a piece of shit tube tv laying around the house lol. 
  • Options
    FUCK having a piece of shit tube tv laying around the house lol. 
    I need one for my retro vidya and VHS player. As god intended
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,408 spicy boy
    Been playing F Zero 99 a bunch. I'll probably pick up Super Mario RPG next month
  • Options
    LCD version of the Galahad II AIO dropped so every last part of the PC build is now fucking purchased and finished. 😤😤 That gets here Tuesday and then I can fully start building. I already have everything installed in the MOBO as far as SSDs, RAM, etc., so really all that’s left is wiring and screwing everytbing into place in the case. It’s been a long fucking time coming. Tip on titanium.

• Options
    enjoy running your cables. fuck that shit lol
  • Options
    Oh I already know it’s gonna be a bitch especially keeping em nice and tidy and out of view. It’s worse too because my PSU doesn’t have the 12+4 input that the 4090 uses, so even tho the 4090 comes wit the adapter, it uses 4 8 pin VGA inputs, so my GPU alone uses 4 thick ass cables lmao.
  • Options
    I did not know that about the 4090. That kind of sucks but at least it comes with an adapter. 
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,467 moneytalker

Not sure if the word choice “picking up” was an intentional joke or not. If so, well done.  IDK if you’ve ever moved one before, the damn things weigh a fucking ton and the weight is mostly on the screen side so it’s unbalanced af. 

You get the TV stand for it as well?
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options

Not sure if the word choice “picking up” was an intentional joke or not. If so, well done.  IDK if you’ve ever moved one before, the damn things weigh a fucking ton and the weight is mostly on the screen side so it’s unbalanced af. 

You get the TV stand for it as well?
    Yep I did. My dad is coming to help me with it
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,467 moneytalker
    A 36” is over 200 lbs. I worked for a moving company at the height of the popularity of those fuckers. I don’t miss em. Great score as a game collector though. They always looked great in their stands because they were designed to match. You don’t really see single purpose built furniture like that anymore. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,690 jayfacer
    Beat Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. I’m so mixed on this game. I always want to call it the worst one before I remember Coded exists but simply put, 3D just isn’t much fun. It’s insanely significant to the story as it ties right into KH 3 so you can’t skip it and I do like SOME of the story elements but dear God man. 
        For one thing, Sora fucking sucks in this game. He’s the absolute dumbest we’ve ever seen him and almost every line out of his mouth gives me an aneurysm. Had you played the entire game as Sora, this would be my worst KH game but thankfully Riku is fantastic and I absolutely love his characterization here. Truly the saving grace of this game. 
          The combat is also wonky for me. I actually don’t mind the command deck and find it a lot of fun to screw around with but Flowmotion is disgusting. It’s a janky mess that takes any challenge out of the game and renders all other abilities useless. I got an audible laugh everytime the game tries to prompt you into coming back for an out of reach chest or something when you can spam flowmotion and turn into fucking Spider-Man on the spot. Glide and High Jump are absolutely worthless. The auto grinding and wall jumping is also annoying as fuck and can easily disrupt a good flow you have going against a boss or enemy group. I am absolutely revolted that this game gives us Flowmotion and Dream Eaters as our main vehicles for combat. Dream Eaters also suck. Shitty Pokemon rip offs with none of the charm and their AI is some of the absolute WOAT in video games. Anybody who bitches about Donald and Goofy can eat a dick. 
            Finally, this is far and away the worst line up of Disney Worlds, Coded, Chain Of Memories and the mobile games included. Who the fuck was asking for more Tron? If you held a gun up to my head and asked me to pick playing Dream Drop’s Tron World or sitting in the same stall as Gary while he takes a shit after eating Taco Bell, I’d legitimately have to think about it. Then there’s 3 Musketeers, a direct to fucking video world. This was prime time for Treasure Planet or something unique and instead we get this horse shit. They sucked out all the charm of Hunchback as well, I am hard pressed to say decent things about the Worlds in this game, with the exception of Symphony Of Sorcery. This world had to have been made by a separate team or something and handed off to the 3D devs because holy fuck if Im ranking worlds across the series, this is an easy top 10 contender. It’s a shame it’s surrounded by absolute misery as well as neutered versions of Traverse Town and The World That Never Was. 
          This game is a rough play through. It’s too important to skip but it’s just straight up not fun and makes some of the most head scratcher decisions across the series. There is very little fun to be found here so I can’t in good conscience give Dream Drop anything higher than a 4.5/10. 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,690 jayfacer
    edited October 2023
    Also played through Fragmentary passage. Won’t rate it since it’s basically a tech demo but Aqua is best girl and exploring is surprisingly fun and rewarding so I’m down for the ride. Mickey losing his shirt just to fit the continuity of KH 1 will also never fail to make me lose my shit laughing. Watched the Back Cover movie and am almost done with the Unchained/Union Cross cutscenes (I REFUSE to play those again). Can’t wait to finish slugging that out and move on to KH 3.