Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,716 jayfacer
    Penis bout to detonate.

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Waiting for mine still from UPS. I am a little worried about the Spider-Man part though. I know it’s only being held up by the web but is it sturdy enough that it won’t break over time? I know you can take Peter off of it 
    Yea I’m pretty sure it’s actually metal not plastic so it’s sturdy for sure, it’s a hard ass support beam.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    A 36” is over 200 lbs. I worked for a moving company at the height of the popularity of those fuckers. I don’t miss em. Great score as a game collector though. They always looked great in their stands because they were designed to match. You don’t really see single purpose built furniture like that anymore. 
    Yea, Im gonna need to go back with more people

Dead. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    I preordered Spider-Man 2 for my brother for his birthday, paid extra to get it deliverred by today... it never arrived. Not coming until Tuesday now :| 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    A 36” is over 200 lbs. I worked for a moving company at the height of the popularity of those fuckers. I don’t miss em. Great score as a game collector though. They always looked great in their stands because they were designed to match. You don’t really see single purpose built furniture like that anymore. 

If it’s a straight shot out the door, it’s sometimes easier just to solo it, screen to belly and tv bottom right at the waist. All the weight is in the screen, so doing it this way keeps most of the weight tight to your body as is ideal. Just be ready to set it back on the stand and not the ground. Two or more people means your talking most of the weight to one arm, and the other arm has to fight to balance the tv. As the two of you walk it somewhere, your hands move out at an angle away from the body and the lifting leverage gets worse. You can stand in front of it and give it a gentle lift test to see how you feel about it. Otherwise pad it with moving blankets and strap it to a two wheel hand truck. Then you can just speak it back and roll it out. For stairs the second guy on the bottom of the hand truck can grab the cart axle instead of the tv for easier hand holds. 4 wheel dolly is another option. Wheels are your friend here. 

This is you but screen to belly and up at the waist. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Yup done that many times. I do not miss the days of those being the tvs lol
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    If I really wanted that I would literally pay 2 people to do it for me lol. 35 is how old I've determined is too old for that. 
    MC could also make a pretty cool video for his channel of the process of picking it up, moving it home, cleaning it up, hooking up the old systems and firing it up for the first time. They are a gaming icon, are meme worthy heavy, and of interest to retro gamers. Plus recording the struggle of moving it makes for great b roll footage for future videos of games on the tv. Every time someone casually mentions it, says it’s cool or amazing, or makes any reference to it you can cut back to the footage of struggling with it right after you say how great it is. 
    Faggots that awesome’d Marc’s statue and not mine can suck my dick from the back. 💯💯
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy

Picked it up today. Just went back with a cart to get it out the door and down the steps, then lifted it into my car. Gonna clean it tomorrow, including attempting to vacuum out the inside
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Was almost finished building the PC on Tuesday, got to the very end and found out I didn’t have enough USB 2.0 inputs on the MOBO. Need 3, only have 2. So I ordered an internal USB 2.0 hub to give me more inputs. Got here today and they fucked up my order and also included 2 120mm Corsair fans lmao. Double checked and I was not charged for them so got them completely free. $50 value. Already had enough cooling but gonna keep them as backups.
    Ima kick it old school. 

Pics or it’s not true. 
    Feel like a proud ass father rn. It is done. 🥹