Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,607 jayfacer
    I'm sorry but I can't imagine sitting down to play a video game and using a guide 💀
    You skim over it before starting simply to get the layout of the proper order of things faggot.
  • Options
    Clearly none of yall have ever actually looked at a Platinum guide but want to sit and talk nonsense. They literally are a simple blueprint like “Play campaign then worry about all side missions after.” Or specific things like “Work on some but not all side content as you progress, but make sure to complete this quest line before such and such or you will get locked out of the trophy.”

I don’t sit there wit a literal fucking play by play like MapQuest smh.
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    You dont need to defend or explain your hand holding guides to anyone. You go right ahead and play any way you want to play. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    I remember. 

Oh I 100% used a guide for Windwaker. Fuck those Triforce Charts/Shards parts
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    Clearly none of yall have ever actually looked at a Platinum guide but want to sit and talk nonsense. They literally are a simple blueprint like “Play campaign then worry about all side missions after.” Or specific things like “Work on some but not all side content as you progress, but make sure to complete this quest line before such and such or you will get locked out of the trophy.”

Actually I never look at platinum guides prior. Generally pick the setting right under the absolute hardest setting (unless the top one is hard in which I’ll just pick hard mode) so I never really need to worry about stuff that needs you to beat the game on a certain difficulty setting (and in stuff like Uncharted’s case Crushing doesn’t unlock anyway until you’ve beaten the game proper on at least a normal play through). I usually decide if I’m going for a platinum after I’ve already beaten the game and look and see that I’m like 60% or higher of the way there already. Though in fairness I know there are some games you set out to platinum from the get go. I like my first play through of stuff to be unbothered and untainted by a plat run because every game has at least a trophy or two that’s gonna make you hate life and I don’t want that that to factor into a first play through lol I wanna be able to divorce the play through from a platinum run. Like honestly if I was a first time Kh 2 player and did all the stuff I just had to do on the road to a platinum I’d hate the game and never wanna touch it again 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:

Actually I never look at platinum guides prior. Generally pick the setting right under the absolute hardest setting (unless the top one is hard in which I’ll just pick hard mode) so I never really need to worry about stuff that needs you to beat the game on a certain difficulty setting (and in stuff like Uncharted’s case Crushing doesn’t unlock anyway until you’ve beaten the game proper on at least a normal play through). I usually decide if I’m going for a platinum after I’ve already beaten the game and look and see that I’m like 60% or higher of the way there already. Though in fairness I know there are some games you set out to platinum from the get go. I like my first play through of stuff to be unbothered and untainted by a plat run because every game has at least a trophy or two that’s gonna make you hate life and I don’t want that that to factor into a first play through lol I wanna be able to divorce the play through from a platinum run. Like honestly if I was a first time Kh 2 player and did all the stuff I just had to do on the road to a platinum I’d hate the game and never wanna touch it again 
    For me it’s damn near a necessity wit how many I do and the guide is generally how I decide if I’m even doing the Platinum in the first place. Because the guides always show the minimum amount of playthroughs required for the Platinum as well, among other details. So for instance, the Resident Evil 4 Remake, the guide showed that it takes a minimum of like 6 playthroughs for the Platinum. So right then and there I knew going into it that I wasn’t even bothering wit the Platinum and I could jus play it straightforward. More than anything it’s jus for efficiency’s sake and time management. Because a lot of games will have a single trophy or 2 that are missable, and if missed, require an entire playthrough all over again jus to get that one trophy, when it could have been done the first time and prevented the trouble. But again I skim them for 5 minutes before I start so I know what to look out for and then that’s generally it. I don’t sit there reading back and forth like it’s a strategy guide. This is for the new AC Mirage but this is how they’re always laid out:

• Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    dude there is zero chance you are looking at a guide like that and not pulling up youtube walkthroughs to beat some of the game when you get stuck ect. 

Its fine. you buy it, you play the way you want.
  • Options
    Yea except there is. 😐 90% of them I jus play naturally and complete everything to get the Platinum. Every once in a while there’s a specific sweaty ass trophy that’s hard as fuck to pull off that I’ll have to watch the video of but those are the exception and not the rule.

How the fuck you gonna tell me when I play most games like this for 10+ years now smh.
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    Jobe said it best

• Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
  • Options
    Friend works at Best Buy and said it’s true 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    Really fucking sucks
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
  • Options
    Fuck they’re stopping the exclusive steelbooks too? I collect the Marvel steelbooks smh.
  • Options
    Pretty sure they said they were going to do this about a year ago. Sucks but this is where we are headed for anything that can be consumed digitally. 

• Options
    Fuck they’re stopping the exclusive steelbooks too? I collect the Marvel steelbooks smh.
    Yup even steelbooks but bright side is looks like Amazon and Walmart are going to be the place to get new movie steelbooks now 
  • Options
    I assume you guys have the windows updates turned off on your ally, but if you dont i would pause them for a couple of weeks. 

New Bios is out but the new windows update may mess with some of your games. 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
  • Options
    I assume you guys have the windows updates turned off on your ally, but if you dont i would pause them for a couple of weeks. 

New Bios is out but the new windows update may mess with some of your games. 
    I never have windows update set to auto on any of my handhelds. 

• Options
    Im excited to play the new spiderman but id be lying if playing as both peter and miles as spidy has me feeling a little less excited about it.