Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,717 jayfacer
    Yea I did too. Filling the entire map alone took a cool 10-15 hours. Trash.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    suck that 5 flag from the back
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    It’s the most overrated game in the past decade no joke. Wasn’t even the best game of last year fuck a lifetime. That shit wasn’t even top 5 of last year.
    God Of War 2018 
    The Last Of Us
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited October 2023
    It’s the most overrated game in the past decade no joke. Wasn’t even the best game of last year fuck a lifetime. That shit wasn’t even top 5 of last year.
    God Of War 2018 
    The Last Of Us
    Both MILES better than ER. Like not even close lmfao.
    suck that 5 flag from the back

God Of War 2018 
    The Last Of Us
    Elden Ring and Hogwarts Legacy are the only two open world games worth playing that have come out since like Infamous 
    God Of War 2018 
    The Last Of Us
    Elden Ring and Hogwarts Legacy are the only two open world games worth playing that have come out since like Infamous 
    Hard disagree.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Agreed until I read Hogwarts. Off yourself

edited October 2023
    NOCAP said:
    Agreed until I read Hogwarts. Off yourself
    Hogwarts has some issues, but it absolutely does open world design right. Exploration is natural, and feeds into your quests so it doesnt feel like arbitrary busy work. Towns and the castle are filled with people, so it doesnt feel empty and lifeless. The castle and towns are fully explorable, with hidden areas and nearly every room and house are enterable, again making the world feel lived in. There's a plethora of different travel options to keep things fresh. Enemy variety and abundance of enemy encounters keeps exploring from getting stale. Quests are varied and fun, and arent just "go to this outpost over and over again"

The issues with Hogwarts are with its simplistic combat, and non-existent RPG mechanics. But it absolutely accels at the open world 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    yeah thats basically what i have read. Ill play it on deep discount some day
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Lords of the fallen tonight and then sonic superstars/spiderman 2 next week \m/
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    edited October 2023
    Beat Kingdom Hearts: Coded. The game still kinda sucks and easily the most skippable entry in the entire series (yes, INCLUDING the mobile games). There’s an ambitious variety of game play styles but the combat takes a back seat to mini games and that’s never been KH’s strongest suit. The story is literally just retelling KH 1 (the THIRD time at this point in the series) and I know that Data Sora is just a recreation but he’s easily 2nd dumbest Sora and I would put him in the recycling bin if he ever popped up on my computer. The combat is bare bones, the “bug” enemies are
    lame and Maleficent and Pete have never felt more like Team Rocket/Saturday morning cartoon villain materiel than this game. The literal only good parts is the fight against Sora’s data heartless and Riku are kinda fun and I do love the ending sequence where Naminé tells Sora about the Days trio and the Wayfinder trio. Donald and Goofy’s monologue when trapped by Pete, while quintessential KH cheese, is also kinda bad ass. But still 4/10. Now onto Dream Drop Distance which I also remember not liking very much. Almost to KH 3 thank God
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    *crickets*

Dime2 said:
    Beat Kingdom Hearts: Coded. The game still kinda sucks and easily the most skippable entry in the entire series (yes, INCLUDING the mobile games). There’s an ambitious variety of game play styles but the combat takes a back seat to mini games and that’s never been KH’s strongest suit. The story is literally just retelling KH 1 (the THIRD time at this point in the series) and I know that Data Sora is just a recreation but he’s easily 2nd dumbest Sora and I would put him in the recycling bin if he ever popped up on my computer. The combat is bare bones, the “bug” enemies are
    lame and Maleficent and Pete have never felt more like Team Rocket/Saturday morning cartoon villain materiel than this game. The literal only good parts is the fight against Sora’s data heartless and Riku are kinda fun and I do love the ending sequence where Naminé tells Sora about the Days trio and the Wayfinder trio. Donald and Goofy’s monologue when trapped by Pete, while quintessential KH cheese, is also kinda bad ass. But still 4/10. Now onto Dream Drop Distance which I also remember not liking very much. Almost to KH 3 thank God
    DDD is great 
    Im gonna get Sonic Superstars 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    edited October 2023
    Dime2 said:
    DDD is great 
     Dream eaters are so fucking gay and DDD Sora is easily the dumbest Sora 
    Post edited by Dime2 on
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm sorry but I can't imagine sitting down to play a video game and using a guide 💀
    I use some guides to better understand mechanics of some games that dont explain it well. But never a play by play
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I remember. 

Pass the god damn butter.