Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,717 jayfacer
    Hell no. Lmk when any of those take 2 hours jus to reach a fucking map piece when you already know where it’s at. Literally every single process in that garbage ass game is a full time job. Literally has negative fun factor.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Git gud
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    i would never call that game garbage. It was incredible. 

I also would call it tedious lol. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Crazy to call Elden Ring tedious when you like Ass Creed and Far Cry. 

Again, do either of those make something as simple as grabbing a fragment of the map a 2 hour long job? No? I rest my case. Literally nothing about that game was fun. It’s like it actively tries to crush any enjoyment you can possibly get out of it. Cool map doesn’t even matter because exploration is a tedious ass job and you can’t even do something as simple as relax and sightsee because at all times you’re getting randomly attacked by shit that can one shot you like they’re fucking bosses. God that game was prolly the biggest waste of time I ever spent in my entire history of gaming.
    Shit like Assassin’s Creed can be tedious in the sense of the sheer volume of everything. It’s overbloated and is too big and simply has too much. I’ve said that before. But at least you’re able to make steady ongoing progress on all of it and no single thing is too much of a chore or completely out of your way or made as tedious as possible to achieve. And there’s an enjoyment in the relaxation and simplicity of it all and simply being able to explore and take in these big gorgeous maps. Sometimes it’s nice not to sweat. 

ER offers absolutely none of that, but all of the tedious ass full time jobs without pay.
    edited October 2023
    Again, do either of those make something as simple as grabbing a fragment of the map a 2 hour long job? No? I rest my case. Literally nothing about that game was fun. It’s like it actively tries to crush any enjoyment you can possibly get out of it. Cool map doesn’t even matter because exploration is a tedious ass job and you can’t even do something as simple as relax and sightsee because at all times you’re getting randomly attacked by shit that can one shot you like they’re fucking bosses. God that game was prolly the biggest waste of time I ever spent in my entire history of gaming.
    Idk what Elden Ring you played, but it takes literally one second to find map shards. And they're marked in the map. You just ride there and click X. And the general travel time is A LOT less than most other open world games. I hate open world games, Elden Rings map is a too large for my tastes, but the game isnt tedious at all. They do everything in their power to make travel as untedious as possible, and exploring actually fun and worthwhile. 

BOTW couldnt hold my interest. THAT is a tedious ass game. Doing endless outposts in Ubisoft games or Halo Infinite is tedious. Elden Ring isnt. 

Sounds like a skill issue
    You can’t even do something as simple as relax and sightsee .
    Also this is your problem. Its a game, not an interactive slideshow. 
    They do everything in their power to make exploration as untedious as possible, and exploring actually fun and worthwhile. 
    https://youtu.be/aZQ_8K0Jx3Q?si=q7ri8D7UMPnV3wUl

You can’t even do something as simple as relax and sightsee .
    Also this is your problem. Its a game, not an interactive slideshow. 
    Then don’t make it open world. Half the appeal of open world is open exploration and you’re basically punished for doing so in ER. Shit is trash but keep shilling.
    It was not punishing to explore. You just had to be careful. 

I have this theory that erik doesn't actually like any games lol. He just follows a platnium guide, and finishes them like checklists. 

Ive done this before, and it can really take the joy out of a game when you know the outcome of what you are doing before you even do it. 
    😐

You can’t be serious.

So before the running meme was that I give everything an 11/10, now it’s I don’t actually like anything.

Pick one.

Game is dogshit get over it.
    Oh and Platinum guides ain’t shit but a roadmap. They don’t spoil anything or tell you an outcome. They jus give you an overall order you should do things in for times’ sake, so that you know ahead of time and don’t do anything unnecessarily and tack on extra time. So that’s completely irrelevant. And 90% of Elden Ring’s trophies were simply to kill every boss and side boss, so there wasn’t any outcome to spoil anyways. Story is complete nonsense bullshit regardless so it’s not like there would have been anything to spoil in that regard either.
    That’s also void because Valhalla took me literally more than double the time for the Platinum, and while that had it’s annoying tedious qualities too, and was 110% a checklist type situation to get the Platinum, I still enjoyed that entire playthrough infinitely more than the ER playthrough.
    Elden Ring > choose your own adventure > tedious
    Assassin’s Creed > collect a thon following guides > not tedious

ive never seen this take ever before. I’m stunned 

elden ring is pretty much the only game to launch without a lot of issues in idk how long. 

Its universally praised, even by people who don't like games like that. 

IDK how you can claim its dog shit lol. It's probably one of the best releases in our lifetime lol
    It’s the most overrated game in the past decade no joke. Wasn’t even the best game of last year fuck a lifetime. That shit wasn’t even top 5 of last year.
    NOCAP said:
    Elden Ring > choose your own adventure > tedious
    Assassin’s Creed > collect a thon following guides > not tedious

ive never seen this take ever before. I’m stunned 
    Can you read?
    You aren’t making any sense. How is anything in Elden Ring far out of your way? Because you had one issue collecting a map. I collected the whole fucking map right away. Elden Ring literally does not hold your hand and let you do what you want. How you fucked that up is beyond me.