Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    You're crazy, MediEvil is great

If you want to try a modern spiritual successor that plays more like a PS2 game though, check out Pumpkin Jack 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited September 2022
    Slave Knight Gael in Dark Souls 3 is absolute dog shit. 

Edit: He's a fun fight, but I hate how it kind of forces you to play a certain way. This was the only boss like that in this game. Im playing a Pyromancer, but it really forces you to melee him. Had to play completely different JUST for this one boss
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I did not realize the full xcom 2 game is on Android. That's lit
    Fucking loving Star Wars so far. Glitch free until I got to Kashyyyk then I had to reset lol but fun af so far. Decided to jump in on the second hardest difficulty and it's balanced pretty well 
    Finished Dark Souls 3. Overall really liked it, probably on par with DS1 to me. The final boss was really easy compared to the DLC and Dragon Peak stuff. I fucked up and accidentally picked the wrong ending though -_- 

Overall easiest Souls game so far aside from the DLC, which made it the hardest Souls game lol 

Starting Bloodborne. 
    you gonna play elden ring after?
    you gonna play elden ring after?
    Bloodborne, then Sekiro, then Elden Ring

I've been hoping they'd have DLC out or announced so I could just play it through all at once 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Been finally playing thru Smash Ultimate cause most nights I have nothing left to do at the end of my shift, so it’s convenient and easy to bring my Switch and pick up and play lil 30-45 minute sessions.

The campaign mode, World Of Light, is honestly pretty trash. There is WAY too many handicap fights that feel impossible even on Normal difficulty. Matter fact they make up the majority of the fights. There’s way more of those than one on one fights. So I jus put it down to Very Easy jus to simply get it over wit and unlock everybody. It’s not fun whatsoever to get completely gang raped and not be able to get any blocks or hits in. Fuck that shit.
    Been finally playing thru Smash Ultimate cause most nights I have nothing left to do at the end of my shift, so it’s convenient and easy to bring my Switch and pick up and play lil 30-45 minute sessions.

The campaign mode, World Of Light, is honestly pretty trash. There is WAY too many handicap fights that feel impossible even on Normal difficulty. Matter fact they make up the majority of the fights. There’s way more of those than one on one fights. So I jus put it down to Very Easy jus to simply get it over wit and unlock everybody. It’s not fun whatsoever to get completely gang raped and not be able to get any blocks or hits in. Fuck that shit.
    Oh yea, I didnt even bother with that shit. Campaign mode peaked at Brawl, and then just felt like something tacked on. 
    edited September 2022
    Yeah I'm gonna get epden ring on pc when the dlc  does drop
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    EpiPen makes a ring now? That's pretty smart 
    the "systems" in Bloodborne are so much less complex than in Demon's/Dark Souls. I can see why people would recommend it as a "first Souls game"
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    edited September 2022
    Holy fuck, Cold War is so insanely better than Vanguard it ain’t even funny. Grinding up to Prestige Master on this final season of Vanguard since I did it on all the others and I hopped over to Cold War to do it since there’s cross progress and I got a shit ton of double XP tokens left on Cold War. Damn near forgot how much I fucking love this game. Literally everything about it is superior to Vanguard. It feels so good to play after so much Vanguard. Realizing I basically fucking hate that game lmfao. Crazy how basic fucking necessities like being able to hear footsteps and being able to play based on your actual senses and not having to waste a perk on it feels like a privilege again. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
    Finished Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Idk what you guys are talking about, I had a fucking blast with this one. The mechanics are solid as fuck and I felt like a total bad ass stringing force/light Saber combat together. The climbing/scaling/grappling too is awesome basically the Uncharted engine. Story was pretty interesting too and that ending cameo had me rock solid. 
            I can nitpick the characters a little bit. I wish they were a little more fleshed out (the night sister was awesome though and the villain was compelling enough even if we've seen that trope before). Our lead took me out of it every once in a while but that's probably because I know him as the gay kid from Shameless so that's kinda on me lol the dialogue is also ass at times but it is Star Wars so you take the good with the bad dialogue wise. 
        The planets are lush and gorgeous, I had so much fun exploring and finding secrets and the level of customization and secrets to find is superb. I had some minor bugs but nothing game breaking. Idk I loved this one. Sequel confirmed and I can't wait. 7.5/10
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    The fuck? Was rex talking shit about it?
    Fan boy af
     Nah I've hated almost everything under Disney Wars lol besides Mandalorian. 
    Xeno said:
    The fuck? Was rex talking shit about it?
     Yee lol I believe Jake wasn't a big fan of it either. Ironically, MC liked it lol
    It's got good ideas. I just didn't like the execution. 

I'll download it and try again.