Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Secured this, might end up cancelling tho. Got it thru GameStop so good thing wit their pre-orders is they wouldn’t charge me til November when they ship it. But I got time to decide. Only reason I’m on the fence is that, I DO want a new PS5 controller, but since they announced that DualSense Edge controller, I’ll most likely be copping that. Either that or SCUF’s FPS Pro. It will be one or the other tho cause I have absolutely zero reason to own 2 $200+ controllers lmao. But wit that said, idk if I’ll have any reason to actually get this, I do already have 2 standard DualSenses. Plus this game would hit me for $340 total on that day cause I’m already getting the $260 Jotnar Edition. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ But at least it’s secured if I do decide to go thru wit it lol.

The timing on this huge Cyberpunk 2077 resurgence is crazy. It was literally my next up full length campaign regardless of all this happening. Was planning on knocking out the Pac-Man World and Destroy All Humans! 2 remakes since both are extremely short, and then hopping over to Cyberpunk 2077 cause I been wanting to finally try it out ever since the next gen update finally dropped earlier this year, cause that was always what I was waiting for. So shit it’s perfect timing then lol will prolly be starting next week. Starting Destroy All Humans! 2 possibly tonight depending on how much trouble this Retro Gamer trophy on Pac-Man gives me, then should definitely have the DAH!2 Platinum done by the end of this week.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yeah I picked up Cyberpunk on sale the other day been playing it some, still sort of waiting for the world to open up
    edited September 2022
    Retro Gamer trophy almost brought the cancer back but holy fuck I got it done. That shit was so fucking horrible. It’s worse because memorizing the patterns is one thing, but due to it being ancient and 8-bit, it controls like dogshit. D-pad ain’t responsive enough and you can end up stopping at walls, and the stick needs to be 110% precise because if you even slightly swerve it to the right while pushing up, you can instead go right, which then fucks up the entire path because the ghosts move based on your movements, so even that split second micro right changes their entire course and makes the pre-planned path ineffective. So it literally demands absolute perfection all the way thru or you’re fucked. The only run I got it on was the one where I never died once cause as soon as you lose a life, it snowballs from there and it’s hard as fuck to recover.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    i bought it on PC and played it for a while. Its cool and beautiful, but its still missing something. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    I’ve been too busy playing retro games to care about anything new these days

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Cuphead is finally getting a physical release, with DLC included
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    LET'S FUCKING GO
    Been playing Mario Golf Super Rush finally. Shit been unopened for a year lmao. Shit is extremely fun and it’s satisfying as fuck once you get your angles down and start hitting complex shots. The Speed Golf aspect is dope and makes the otherwise calm nature of golf chaotic instead which I love. The Cross Country Golf mode is trash tho, no way around it. The premise of it is dope but the way it was executed is horrible. Way too many mountains that are a pain to get the ball on/over.
    I'm about ready to give up on the Orphan Of Kos boss in Bloodborne. It's too frustrating. 
    Took a break and came back, and killed him after another handful of attempts. Spent like 5 hours on this boss alone. Probably the hardest in the whole franchise so far. 
    Aw man Destroy All Humans! 2 remake is a fucking treat. Game is jus straight up fun and honestly the remake was done so well that this could pass as a brand new 2022 game and not a remake for those that never played the original. As in, unlike a lot of other remakes, the gameplay itself doesn’t feel clearly dated wit a new coat of paint. And the first remake was good for sure but this one is head and shoulders above even that. First remake wasn’t as polished as it should have been for a top to bottom remake. Only disappointment on this one is that there’s more screen tearing than I would like, which is a shame because the game is otherwise absolutely gorgeous graphically. But it doesn’t ruin the experience at all.

I highly suggest yall pick this one up even if you never played the originals. It ain’t even a full priced game. Not super story heavy so playing the first one ain’t necessary either, second game was always the better of the 2 anyways even back then.
    I bought it on GOG, but the PC port is botched. So I have to wait for patches. 

Still salty they censored it too after promising they wouldnt
    Finished Bloodborne. Solid. Not my favorite Souls game though. Had amazing atmosphere and aesthetic, but lacked level design variation, and had some tedious elements to traveling. Was probably the easiest of all the Souls games Ive played so far, with exception of like two bosses. 

Now to find Sekiro 
    I bought it on GOG, but the PC port is botched. So I have to wait for patches. 

Still salty they censored it too after promising they wouldnt
    Damn that sucks. You figure the PC version would be the most polished.
    Overwatch 2 drops on Tuesday and there ain’t been a fucking PEEP lmao. The way that game fell off is crazy. It was at a point at one point where this release would have been one of the top 3 biggest of the year. Now nobody gives a shit smh.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Cuz it's not even overwatch 2. It's just a shitty update that turns the game from 6v6 to 5v5 and makes it free to play and makes you buy the battle pass to unlock anything. They're locking new characters behind the battle pass.

It sucks cuz I put 1600 hours into Overwatch but I'm not giving blizzard a dime for this shit. 
    I miss peek overwatch days
    Cuz it's not even overwatch 2. It's just a shitty update that turns the game from 6v6 to 5v5 and makes it free to play and makes you buy the battle pass to unlock anything. They're locking new characters behind the battle pass.

It sucks cuz I put 1600 hours into Overwatch but I'm not giving blizzard a dime for this shit. 
    And they:

Shut down the original
    Players who bought the original get NOTHING, still have to buy story mode separate
    Original heroes need to be unlocked
    Cant play competitive until 50 WINS 
    Estimates put at least 100 matches to unlock the classic characters, thats roughly 25-30 hours of playing that you'll be at a disadvantage for not having the whole player pool - in a game designed to be played as checks and balances
    cot damn jeff you fucked up