Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Also, an insert slot on the outside is no longer even an internal hard drive. 😐
    It connects directly to the motherboard it's not like it's a USB port lmao
    I'm neutral as fuck in the console wars, playstation has better exclusives all day. But don't act like a dedicated expansion slot isn't a worthwhile feature just cuz you learned how to jerryrig your shit
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm not gonna pretend like Gamepass isn't a cool idea. But it's not a deal breaker for me for a few reasons. You're renting the games on gamepass and I'm still big on physical copies, or at least having them on my console to access whenever. I still go back and play Xcom on my 360 or Pokémon on my 3ds.

I'm also pretty picky with what I'll play. I don't give a fuck about the next Assasins Creed or Far Cry or Just Cause or Avengers or The Division or whatever. Playstation Plus has been giving out some big games the past few years and I don't think I've touched any of them. I'll take Uncharted, Last of Us, Ghosts of Tsushima, Spider-Man, etc over a subscription to a bunch of games I probably wouldn't play anyway. 
    But if I was younger and still gaming all the time gamepass >>> for sure 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Xeno said:
    I'm neutral as fuck in the console wars, playstation has better exclusives all day. But don't act like a dedicated expansion slot isn't a worthwhile feature just cuz you learned how to jerryrig your shit
    It’s not “jerryrigging”. 😐 It’s literally a dedicated expansion slot. You pop off the plate, unscrew a single screw, pop it in, and put the plates back on. 60 second process. It was built in from the go but the firmware update that activates it and makes it usable doesn’t go live til tomorrow.
    DESTROY ALL HUMANS! 2 REMAKE CONFIRMED FOR PS5 LET’S FUCKING GOOOOO. 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
    Xeno said:
    It’s not “jerryrigging”. 😐 It’s literally a dedicated expansion slot. You pop off the plate, unscrew a single screw, pop it in, and put the plates back on. 60 second process. It was built in from the go but the firmware update that activates it and makes it usable doesn’t go live til tomorrow.
    Ok but why you bending over backwards to make it sound like popping plates off a console is a widespread user friendly feature for a console I don't have nothing against
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    Ok but why you bending over backwards to make it sound like popping plates off a console is a widespread user friendly feature for a console I don't have nothing against
    I mean it is…..it’s hard popping a lid off? like I said, the whole process takes like 60 seconds lmao. I’d rather it be like that and be hidden inside to keep the sleek look instead of hanging off the outside. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,279 mod
    NOCAP said:
    I have way too many games to complete. Being a reseller has ate away my playing time. 
    reseller?
    Video game prices for older stuff is high and it’s a good business to get into. I find high price games for cheap and resell them for profit. Some stuff I keep for the collection. Some stuff I flip. 

No need for a series X if you have a high end PC. You can still get everything through game pass. Game pass doesn’t even interest me because I like owning physical copies. PlayStation exclusives > Xbox. I used to be a fanboy back in the day but Microsoft lost me. I really only fuck with the PS5 and the Switch. 

NOCAP said:
    No need for a series X if you have a high end PC. You can still get everything through game pass. Game pass doesn’t even interest me because I like owning physical copies. PlayStation exclusives > Xbox. I used to be a fanboy back in the day but Microsoft lost me. I really only fuck with the PS5 and the Switch. 
    I have a feeling XSX might be the last Xbox. All they care about is Game Pass/streaming now. And like you said, they made it pointless for an XSX if you have PC, but not only that, they barely gave any incentive to even upgrade from an Xbox One, especially if you already had a One X, since the only advantage is graphics, which is minimal from One X to XSX. But since all Xbox games will be going to PC, XB1, and XSX and there will be no actual XSX exclusives,  there’s jus no real point, whereas PS5 has true exclusives that you NEED a PS5 to play.
    I realized the other day that November is already a year since I got both new consoles, and in that time I’ve literally only used my XSX twice to play the 2 Doom Eternal DLCs. And even that was only a continuation from my One X. It’s been a $500 paperweight lmao. Originally, I was planning to use it mainly as the cross platform console. Because One X undoubtedly looked better than PS4 Pro on cross platform games, so that’s what I did last gen. And that shoulda continued since the XSX has more powerful hardware than the PS5, but somehow, PS5 is still more optimized and looks better wit lesser hardware. Digital Foundry and similar channels have proved this time and time again. So it lost it’s use even for that. I’m finally bout to dive in and use it for a more extended amount of time when I start Psychonauts 2, but even that took almost a year after release. Xbox is down bad rn.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Gamepass > PSN
    But physical > digital/subscription any day
    PS exclusives are boring as fuck, Xbox has no exclusives
    PC and Nintendo > 
    But console wars are stupid

Also fuck you Ed, I hate how expensive old games are. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,588 spicy boy
    I'm not gonna pretend like Gamepass isn't a cool idea. But it's not a deal breaker for me for a few reasons. You're renting the games on gamepass and I'm still big on physical copies, or at least having them on my console to access whenever. I still go back and play Xcom on my 360 or Pokémon on my 3ds.

I'm also pretty picky with what I'll play. I don't give a fuck about the next Assasins Creed or Far Cry or Just Cause or Avengers or The Division or whatever. Playstation Plus has been giving out some big games the past few years and I don't think I've touched any of them. I'll take Uncharted, Last of Us, Ghosts of Tsushima, Spider-Man, etc over a subscription to a bunch of games I probably wouldn't play anyway. 
    I get the physical copy thing. That’s something i gave up pit of because it was just easier to get digital copies back when I didn’t have a car. Whenever I finally get a house I might change my mind because I actually have an area to store things and stuff like that but for me Gamepass has been pretty awesome because I like to try a lot of different stuff. There’s just a lot of I wouldn’t even consider trying if it wasnt for game.

the pc/xbox debate is stupid. Sure you dont need the xbox if you have a pc, but that pc is considerably more expensive, and its almost impossible to find a video card now. 

Either way im not always trying to sit at my desk to game .

ive been telling people that consoles are going to be dead, and you are going to be buying streaming sticks for a while now. Xbox is just ahead of the game on that. 
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    I mean it is…..it’s hard popping a lid off? like I said, the whole process takes like 60 seconds lmao. I’d rather it be like that and be hidden inside to keep the sleek look instead of hanging off the outside. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Its an internal slot on the series X too dude
    Twisted Metal movie incoming starring Anthony Mackie. Meh 
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    Its an internal slot on the series X too dude
    Yea nvm I jus seen they sell the cards that pop in the back lmao. Definitely more convenient but eh, PS5 only took me a minute and I didn’t mind doin it that way either. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have pretty intense game ADD so game pass is a great way for me to bounce around without wasting money
    Gamepass > PSN
    But physical > digital/subscription any day
    PS exclusives are boring as fuck, Xbox has no exclusives
    PC and Nintendo > 
    But console wars are stupid

Also fuck you Ed, I hate how expensive old games are. 
    Not my fault people are paying those prices for old games. 

People forget that Sony has a subscription service to. It may not be as goated as gamepass but they have PS2 through PS4 titles and you can stream games instead of download them.