Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    Think the last one i played was 03 lol
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,587 spicy boy
    only the real ones know
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    NFL Street >
    NFL Blitz >
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited September 2021
    Going back to "I miss the edge of 2000s games". Part of that was the like arcadey sports games thing, games like NFL/NBA Street, and MLB Slugfest. And also when everything was "Street", again NFL/NBA Street but also like, The Urbz. 

I also miss like "Hard T" rated games. I feel like T rated games nowadays are either like borderline M rated, just missing some nudity and F bombs, or like borderline E rated where they're just a bit more violent. I miss the surreal edgy T that really was an inbetween between an adult M and a kiddy E. Stuff like the original Psychonauts, Jak 2 and 3, original four Ratchet and Clank games, Destroy All Humans... I miss that shit. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Devil's Third price keeps going up.
    That game was edgy
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Xeno said:
    I understand rebooting because there was nowhere to go from 4 but damn it looks like straight shit
    Yea if anything when I heard reboot, I was thinking maybe they were going back to basics, getting rid of the superpowers and shit and going back to more of a GTA clone like 1 & 2. And it seems like that might actually be the case, but they’re also pussifying it in the mean time and making everybody lose all interest.
    I dont even like Madden, but this is one of the best Angry Joe's in a while

https://youtu.be/2VEAA-D9vzY
    Lmfao this man hates Madden so much. He’s always on the verge of cardiac arrest every time he does a Madden video. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    People are finally able to upgrade the internal SSD on PS5. So far only the people who got accepted to the beta program can do it, but it will be available on the next major firmware update for everybody else.

But we finally know what models we can buy and the prices and Goddamn they are steep. $240 for 1TB. That’s half the price of the console smh. You can get away wit roughly $160, but that model doesn’t have a heat sink and you need to install it yourself. Only $7 for the heat sink but idk if I wanna go that route cause if you fuck that up it could mean a flaming PS5 lmao.
    I really only play single player games on the PS5 so its not an issue for me. 

I was going to buy the expansion for xbox, but my internet is fast enough to download a 50 gig game in about 10 minutes, so i just don't even stress about it anymore. 
    Found a compatible model that’s about $150 between the SSD itself and the heatsink. 1TB. And there’s a video guide on YouTube on how to install this specific heatsink. So I’m thinking I’ll jus pull the trigger and get it over wit. Cause it doesn’t replace the current SSD the way it worked on older consoles, the storage jus stacks. So in total I’d have bout 1.7 TB of storage. That would be hard to fill because I’m never actively playing that many games at once. This is only needed because of how big certain games are, especially COD. Having nothing but Cold War and Modern Warfare installed pretty much filled the base PS5 SSD and left no room for anything else. So I had deleted MW and only kept CW since that’s the one I actively play. But I figure having the 2 TB will allow me to have a couple big multiplayer games installed, which this year will be Cold War and Battlefield 2042, while also being able to have whatever my current campaign is, and then football and basketball since I like having those available and ready to jus pick up and play. And I’d still prolly have more than enough room left after all that too. SSDs in general are more expensive so an external doesn’t save much money and it’s a way more tedious process since PS5 games can’t be played off of an external, only stored, so internal is definitely the way to go.
    Sony on some shit for not offering free upgrades for ps4 games to pa5 lol
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Even with a fast internet connection I hate deleting/redownloading games. Glad I could just plug in my 2TB passport and hoard all my 360 games lol
    WOLVERINE DEVELOPED BY INSOMNIAC ANNOUNCED FOR PS5 LET’S FUCKING GOOOO. 
    Project Eve looks amazing
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC REMAKE LETS FUCKING GOOOOOO
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Spider-Man 2 with Venom and sounded like Kraven!!! 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    Gawdamn littest video game news in a minute in this thread today