Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    Im considering getting one of those dope gaming chairs Jobe/marc and Eric got for my office at work. My neck/shoulder is fucked up, presumably from the way i sit at work, and its been leading me to have tension headaches that turn into migraines at times. I think it might help me but that is a lot of cash. 

Yeah yeah, quit being a pussy, buy once cry once
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Niche Gamer liked Biomutant, so I'm sure its good. A 6/10 is still above average too, so idc. I dont feel that absurd need to only play 9s and 10s. 

But it is an open world game. All open world games suffer from bloat, down time, and repetition - its just part of the genre. 

But the combat looks great, and varied, and that's what I bought it for, so Im still hyped. 

I'll probably put out a first impressions video of it tomorrow or something. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Yeah the combat does look cool to me. I do think you are going to have complaints about the difficulty level doe
    God of War video uploading. 

Its an hour and 40 mins. Deep dive analysis of the entire franchise, centered around a review of GoW 2018. 
    Played an hour and a half of Biomutant. Its ok so far. 
    Man you guys should check out knockout city. This game is super lit
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Im considering getting one of those dope gaming chairs Jobe/marc and Eric got for my office at work. My neck/shoulder is fucked up, presumably from the way i sit at work, and its been leading me to have tension headaches that turn into migraines at times. I think it might help me but that is a lot of cash. 

I promise the only thing you will regret when you sit in it is not getting one sooner. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Niche Gamer liked Biomutant, so I'm sure its good. A 6/10 is still above average too, so idc. I dont feel that absurd need to only play 9s and 10s. 

But it is an open world game. All open world games suffer from bloat, down time, and repetition - its just part of the genre. 

But the combat looks great, and varied, and that's what I bought it for, so Im still hyped. 

I'll probably put out a first impressions video of it tomorrow or something. 
    6/10 isn't above average from IGN. I feel like they give the majority of games an 8 or over

I wouldn't judge it based on their score because they're trash but still
    I know y'all probably dont care, but here is my God Of War analysis

This is how I imagined your setup to look like before the chair upgrade

This is how I imagined your setup to look like before the chair upgrade

Pretty close honestly
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Basically done wit Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury. I say basically because I have 100% of Bowser’s Fury done, and then everything in SM3DW EXCEPT Champion’s Road. I otherwise have every other star, stamp, and golden flag pole. And I may jus say fuck it and not do that level. I won’t be getting every stamp anyways because you basically need to play every single level 5 times to do so. The last 5 are unlocked by beating the game wit each individual character. So ending it without those and the last 3 stars from Champion’s Road is fine by me considering it doesn’t really do or unlock shit other than saying you did it. It’s a bonus level anyways so fuck it. Played the level almost 2 hours straight and I ain’t even gonna do it to myself. It has everything needed to infuriate me and ruin a game wrapped all in one level. No checkpoints, needing to re-do large chunks all over again every time you fail, being tense as fuck the entire time as a result and not even enjoying the game anymore, etc. I’m good on that shit lmao I don’t want this otherwise amazing game leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Wit that said, absolutely loved the game. It’s definitely in my top 3 Mario games now. Odyssey still #1, but tbh I’m not sure who the #2 and #3 spots go to between Galaxy and SM3DW. Galaxy prolly gets the slight edge but they’re almost interchangeable. Only slight complaint is that it wasn’t as responsive as it should be like Odyssey was, and like MC already mentioned, there’s a slight depth perception issue. It never fucked me up enough to where it was gamebreaking or caused a huge issue, but it was moreso some annoying things here and there, like completely missing a Goomba’s head when I should have hit it, due to the depth perception when jumping, especially on certain levels and angles.

Bowser’s Fury feels like both a DLC and a teaser of what’s to come. Some of the best Mario gaming I’ve ever experienced, but due to 100% completing it in 6 hours, it only feels fair to rate it as a DLC and not as a full game in the entire Mario series. It was definitely in a perfect spot being tacked on to a remaster of a full game cause stand-alone it woulda needed a LOT more added to it.

It feels like a perfect hybrid of both SM3DW and Odyssey. It has all of 3D’s powers and aesthetic, but has Odyssey’s open world approach wrapped into it, except it’s completely connected open world instead of multiple, separate open worlds like in Odyssey. This was a completely refreshing take on Mario and showed that it can be fully open world while A: Still feeling 100% like a Mario game, and B: Not feel like jus another open world game. I wouldn’t at all be opposed if this is what Odyssey 2 is gonna be, on a way bigger scale. Matter fact, I’m actually hoping that’s what they do because this was insanely good, jus simply too short.

Only complaint was I felt like the Fury Bowser attacks were wayyyy too frequent, especially wit how distracting they are when you’re simply tryna roam around and collect the shines. The kaiju style battles were dope as fuck tho.

Overall, the 2 games took me 27 hours. 6 on Bowser’s Fury and 21 on SM3DW. May be longer if I decide to beat Champion’s Road, but regardless decent ass amount of game here.

No real complaints here. Mario don’t miss. Fuck Champion’s Road tho. 10/10
    Now on New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe since I’m on a Mario kick. Copped a while back on sale and never played it lol.

Jesus Christ this game is hard as fuck. Took me 2 hours on the first world alone to get all the star coins in each level.
    Man you guys should check out knockout city. This game is super lit
    For real, this game is fun as fuck. I forgot yall live the poverty life of no game pass though. 

Either way, this is one of the funner squad arcade games ive played in a while
    Holy fuck how did I forget Ratchet & Clank is in 2 weeks.

Dick on boulder.

I promise the only thing you will regret when you sit in it is not getting one sooner. 
    My bosses sister told me i should just ask the company to pay for it. So i am going to attempt that first lol
    Hows biomutant mc? 
    WTF WAS THAT SONIC LIVESTREAM!? Lmao
    Hows biomutant mc? 
    I've only been able to play it that one time so far. I liked what Ive played so far though. But Im still really early. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yeah despite the criticisms I'm hearing about it I think I'd still dig it. I also liked Sea of Thieves a lot too lol I like chill repetition in an open world. Stopped playing Sea of Thieves a little after launch though because I got sick of just chilling doing my own thing and getting killed and everything stolen by random 13 year olds