Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    Its better now that you can turn the kill animation iff. Thats cool for like 30 hours but just let me smash
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Copped Resident Evil VIII. Why not. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    FINALLY BEAT SIGRUN
    Honestly harder than anything from Kingdom Hearts, Soulsbourne, Cuphead, Hollow Knight, etc that I've played. 

But it's done. Now to finish this fucking game

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Used a 1 hour double weapon XP token and it glitched out and gave me this lmao.

Finished GOW 2018
    Baldur fight was very good! That and the Valkyries were definitely the best parts of the game. 

Ending was ok. Story as a whole was kind of meh to me. 

Overall I didnt hate it as much as when I started though, but I still have issues with it and as a GOW game its still my least favorite, and I wish it was more like the originals or Devil May Cry 5. But I'll probably get Ragnarok now. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,660 master of ceremonies
    Village is great so far. Makes me want RE4 Remake already. 
    edited May 2021
    just play RE4. It still holds up, and was ported to like everything
    i am in need of a switch pro announcement 
    Finally finished The Ancient Gods Part 2 last night. Liked it more than Part 1 due to the fact that it was less sweaty and I didn’t feel completely exhausted after each level, plus I was also able to beat it on normal like the base game. This one took me bout 5 hours exact, and in total, both parts took me 12 1/2 hours, so it definitely felt like I got my money’s worth for $30, cause that’s longer than some full $60 games.

The opening cinematic on the last level, Immora, was some of the most epic shit I ever seen in a game lmao. Major Endgame vibes wit the armies coming thru the portals.

The final boss however, was honestly terrible. It wasn’t really hard as much as the structure of it was jus fucking irritating and tedious and I couldn’t wait for it to be over. And the fact that it was a 5 phase battle, and all 5 phases are jus the same format repeated over and over again, was a garbage idea. Lame way to end the game.

Overall tho, 8/10
    Finally starting Super Mario 3D World today. 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
    Finally finished The Ancient Gods Part 2 last night. Liked it more than Part 1 due to the fact that it was less sweaty and I didn’t feel completely exhausted after each level, plus I was also able to beat it on normal like the base game. This one took me bout 5 hours exact, and in total, both parts took me 12 1/2 hours, so it definitely felt like I got my money’s worth for $30, cause that’s longer than some full $60 games.

The opening cinematic on the last level, Immora, was some of the most epic shit I ever seen in a game lmao. Major Endgame vibes wit the armies coming thru the portals.

The final boss however, was honestly terrible. It wasn’t really hard as much as the structure of it was jus fucking irritating and tedious and I couldn’t wait for it to be over. And the fact that it was a 5 phase battle, and all 5 phases are jus the same format repeated over and over again, was a garbage idea. Lame way to end the game.

Overall tho, 8/10
    Yea the final boss was ass. A glorified Marauder fight lol. 

I still like TAG 1 best, but TAG 2 was still solid
    Finally got around to finishing the PS4 MediEvil remake

Loved it. Unlocked the original PS1 one too 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,660 master of ceremonies
    Beat RE8. Suh gud but it also seems like they are ready to call it a day with this franchise lol
    Absolutely fucking loving Super Mario 3D World. Bout 11 hours in. I love how it’s like a perfect hybrid of both the side scrolling Mario Bros. games and the 3D games like 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and Odyssey. 

Also, I had seen the comparisons in the reviews, but mfs were NOT lying when they said Sackboy is a clone of this game lmao. Sackboy was still amazing but damn it really did 1:1 copy a lot of shit, shamelessly lmao.
    I think the depth perception is a little better in Sackboy. But yea
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    How would I go about a non emulator route for N64? So many classic gaps in my gaming history that I need to cover of shit I've never played. Conker, Banjo, Banjo Tooie, DK64, etc. Is the best option straight up buying one? Don't even know if I have a TV that would support it 
    I think you can buy an adapter that would make one playable. Idk how cheap buying a 64 would be though. I know conkers is hard to find. 
    Dime2 said:
    How would I go about a non emulator route for N64? So many classic gaps in my gaming history that I need to cover of shit I've never played. Conker, Banjo, Banjo Tooie, DK64, etc. Is the best option straight up buying one? Don't even know if I have a TV that would support it 
    If you have access to an Xbox, or even a phone with Gamepass, you can play a lot of the Rare games on there. The Banjo games, Perfect Dark, Conker, Killer Instinct, etc are all on Xbox. All Rare games are included with Gamepass. 

As far as the rest of the library, best bet would be to get original hardware. Some games have been ported here or there for other systems, but that may take some tracking down. N64s aren't too expensive as far as retro consoles go. Some games are though, like Rex said Conker's can run you a pretty penny.