Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Damn Doom Eternal is actually fucking fantastic. Finished all multiplayer achievements last night so I finally started the campaign and shit got me hooked already.

The traversal alone was immediately a high point. Reminds me heavily of Titanfall 2, which in my case is a huge compliment, because Titanfall 2 is STILL one of my favorite shooters of all time, and the frantic ass fast paced parkour like traversal is half of what made it so fun and made it stand out so much from other shooters. 

Beyond that, there’s jus a straight up FUN factor that a lot of FPSs miss out on in exchange for realism and what not. It keeps that arcadey feel in tact, which in this case works EXTREMELY well.

My favorite parts so far have been the Slayer Gates. Perfect way to integrate difficulty without making it necessary and ruining the game. Shit gets fucking hectic in the right way and you’ll literally survive last fucking second on a desperate ass last bullet or chainsaw lmao I love it.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    edited April 2020
    I just hit 60 hours on it today. In the middle of playthrough 3. I already did once on Nightmare, and my second one on Extra Life Mode. Now I'm doing a Can't Perfect Perfection Run (beat the game with only using one suit upgrade, and one sentinel crystal). After that I'm going to try Ultra-Nightmare, but that shit's hard. I haven't even been able to finish 2016 on Ultra-Nightmare yet. 

Took a break to play through DOOM 64 today though. On level 14 right now. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Got these in the mail today 

edited April 2020
    I’ll be doing at least 2 playthroughs for achievement’s sake alone cause I need to do an Extra Life Mode playthrough or whatever it’s exactly called.

It’s gaming blasphemy, but this is literally the first Doom I’ve ever played lmao. So I can’t compare it to former Dooms, but I do know that as my first Doom, I immediately noticed how nostalgic the game is as a whole, and how it definitely kept old school elements in tact as a shout out to their long and dated history, which I loved. Feels like a retro game in all the right ways without feeling dated.

At this point I’ll prolly grab Doom 2016 since I can get it for like $10 at this point lol but that’s most likely the furthest back I’ll go. It’s really hard for me to play old games at this point. Well, anything that’s old enough that the graphics start becoming jarring and distracting.
    Found an Easter Egg hanging off the side of a cliff on a fish hook lmao.

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod

64 is low key one of the best games for the N64.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I’ll be doing at least 2 playthroughs for achievement’s sake alone cause I need to do an Extra Life Mode playthrough or whatever it’s exactly called.

It’s gaming blasphemy, but this is literally the first Doom I’ve ever played lmao. So I can’t compare it to former Dooms, but I do know that as my first Doom, I immediately noticed how nostalgic the game is as a whole, and how it definitely kept old school elements in tact as a shout out to their long and dated history, which I loved. Feels like a retro game in all the right ways without feeling dated.

At this point I’ll prolly grab Doom 2016 since I can get it for like $10 at this point lol but that’s most likely the furthest back I’ll go. It’s really hard for me to play old games at this point. Well, anything that’s old enough that the graphics start becoming jarring and distracting.
    Doom Eternal comes with Doom 1 and 2 as unlocks, so you can still give them a try anyways if you want to. 

2016 is amazing too, but going back from Eternal feels slow. Eternal is just perfect. 
    Found an Easter Egg hanging off the side of a cliff on a fish hook lmao.

Dopefish! 
    There's three Dopefish in that level, also one on Doom Slayer's chainsaw. 

64 is low key one of the best games for the N64.
    I've had the second Bomberman 64 since I was a kid. Decided to complete the N64 collection. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    Considering getting animal crossing. The review on IGN straight up tells you to use the in game clock to skip ahead about 15 days though =)).

he did say he’s normally very against that, but that this game just moved too slow. 
  • evilDDevilDD Posts: 572 just the tip
    I wake up in the afternoon and DeiciDe wich nintendo games im gonna sell for weed. thats why digital suxxx and i get stuck with it and no inclination to cloudDD stife for another platinum when it took me 150 hours to get the plat 4 ff13 then 60 !moar for ff13-3 lightning re-re-re-returnTards
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Restarted MGS 5
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    thats next on my list after i finish red dead. 
    Decided to give Doom 3 another shot. I still hate it. 
    A blemish on an otherwise perfect series. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,796 jayfacer
    What's wrong with it?
    Its slow as shit, has terribly unresponsive gunplay, confusing and monotonous level design, and is in general just boring to play. 

Its like if you tried making DOOM into Dead Space or Bioshock, but left out the parts that made those games good, and also leaving out the parts that make DOOM good. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    thats next on my list after i finish red dead. 
    I foget how good the gameplay is. Its so fucking detailed 
    Xeno said:
    confusing and monotonous level design
    That's a Doom series staple
    Not really. Doom usually has really good level design 
  • evilDDevilDD Posts: 572 just the tip
    I seriously don't have 210 hours to get a PlayStation trophy. That's at least 6 weeks of dedicated full time gaming