Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer

This game might end up needing its own thread 
    How do you do shit like this? I saw somewhere else that somebody had a wall of all of Kanye’s albums in their house. I’ve made very simple designs by hand but surely shit like this ain’t done like that lmao. Is there a way to upload images or something?
    @MetalCoresades Did you have any freezing problems wit Doom Eternal? That has been the only flaw I’ve had on this game. Both online and campaign, it’s frozen and shut down on me roughly about 10 times now. Only game in recent memory that I can remember doing this whatsoever. And I’m on a One X so it’s definitely not my console.

It like glitches and stutters sonically, and then completely shuts down. Luckily the saves and checkpoints in this game are great so I start right where I was at and it’s nothing but an inconvenience, but still.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
    FLAT said:
    I don’t get it lol
    In the new Animal Crossing you can make your own designs on your clothes. Looks like someone made some Tool merch =)
    I got it I’m just a noob lol
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    I believe there is a way to upload images, but idk how to do it currently. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
    Can you take a picture of that with your switch?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    @MetalCoresades Did you have any freezing problems wit Doom Eternal? That has been the only flaw I’ve had on this game. Both online and campaign, it’s frozen and shut down on me roughly about 10 times now. Only game in recent memory that I can remember doing this whatsoever. And I’m on a One X so it’s definitely not my console.

It like glitches and stutters sonically, and then completely shuts down. Luckily the saves and checkpoints in this game are great so I start right where I was at and it’s nothing but an inconvenience, but still.
    I have not. I have heard the Xbox version has some performance issues though. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Jus beat Doom Eternal and yea, safe to say, favorite FPS of all time. Goddamn that shit was cold and I’m sad it’s over. Still got one more playthrough on Extra Life Mode for all the achievements but experiencing everything fresh was so fucking memorable.

It’s interesting. This game almost raises the question as to if this is the type of shooter that someone who doesn’t like shooters would like. I almost never play shooters. Yet this game is one of my favorites that I’ve played in recent memory because it does everything that shooters usually NEVER do. And as stated previously, I know now that every shooter I play will be compared to this, especially in pace.

Other than that, almost flawless masterpiece. Only 2 complaints are the freezing issues I jus mentioned, and the fact that I wish the extra lives could be “saved”. Meaning I would lose them on sections that I would be fine simply restarting, when I wanted to simply die and save the extra life for an upcoming “boss” encounter that I knew I would need it for. But they work in the standard extra life fashion, so this is simply nitpicking.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    @MetalCoresades I’m on a One X so it’s definitely not my console.

Hate to say it but it's almost definitely the console, similar things have happened with a lot of other games at release on the One X. Basically when optimizing games for consoles they're focusing on the lower-end version most people are playing, and focusing less on optimizing things like the higher FPS limits/resolutions for the higher end consoles like One X and PS4 Pro. There were hardcore issues with the One X versions of Borderlands 3 and Modern Warfare originally, but they got fixed up with software patches as time went on. When the new consoles drop and they start focusing on PS5/Xbox Series X, things will probably level out normally again.
    Jus beat Doom Eternal and yea, safe to say, favorite FPS of all time. Goddamn that shit was cold and I’m sad it’s over. Still got one more playthrough on Extra Life Mode for all the achievements but experiencing everything fresh was so fucking memorable.

It’s interesting. This game almost raises the question as to if this is the type of shooter that someone who doesn’t like shooters would like. I almost never play shooters. Yet this game is one of my favorites that I’ve played in recent memory because it does everything that shooters usually NEVER do. And as stated previously, I know now that every shooter I play will be compared to this, especially in pace.

Other than that, almost flawless masterpiece. Only 2 complaints are the freezing issues I jus mentioned, and the fact that I wish the extra lives could be “saved”. Meaning I would lose them on sections that I would be fine simply restarting, when I wanted to simply die and save the extra life for an upcoming “boss” encounter that I knew I would need it for. But they work in the standard extra life fashion, so this is simply nitpicking.
    I'm excited to play Doom Eternal. Have you played Titanfall 2? That had to be the best shooter campaign I've played out of this generation so far, but with everything I'm hearing I expect DE to top it
    Xeno said:

I'm excited to play Doom Eternal. Have you played Titanfall 2? That had to be the best shooter campaign I've played out of this generation so far, but with everything I'm hearing I expect DE to top it
    Yes. If you go back a page or 2, I actually specifically mentioned Titanfall 2 in comparison to DE. Specifically the traversal. Titanfall 2 is one of my favorite shooters of all time and at this point top 2 of this generation and the similarity as far as traversal is what immediately caught my eye on DE.

Honestly, Eternal basically brings what was great about 90s shooters to the modern day. Im not big on shooters like CoD or Battlefield. I do enjoy Halo, Bioshock, and Borderlands, but I play A LOT of 90s and retro FPS games. 

I like the speed, and skill based gameplay, the fluid gunplay, the ability to hold like 8-10 weapons at a time and tackle combat sections my own way. The puzzle solving and secret hunting. Its probably my most played genre tbh. I fuckin love em. But yea, I think Doom Eternal tops em all. Still love classic Doom, and stuff like Duke Nukem 3D and Quake too though. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Ion get the doom hype besides nostalgia. Run in > clear room > clear next room > clear next room > level

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    edited April 2020
    Yeah same. Its pretty to loom at, but id honestly rather play the newest modern warfare. That game is pretty awesome though. (The last like 10 have sucked. )

Im sure its fun, i just never really cared for any doom game. 

I bought the last one and was bored in less than a week lol 
    NOCAP said:
    Ion get the doom hype besides nostalgia. Run in > clear room > clear next room > clear next room > level
    Is this not the concept of literally every single shooter. 😐
    NOCAP said:
    As opposed to run behind cover > peak out > clear room > do same in next room > level? 

Doom's gameplay is untouchable. Fuck outta here. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    NOCAP said:
    Don’t remember Last of Us being like that

NOCAP said:
    NOCAP said:
    I sure as hell do. Love that game but bad troll is bad
    NOCAP said:
    NOCAP said:
    Don’t even try and act like that game is an all out shooter. Playing on the hardest difficulty, you essentially never even shoot and you strictly use shivs and stealth.

Now compare Doom to any FPS and name me one that isn’t clear room > clear room > finished.

That’s literally all there is to any of them and it’s why I don’t play them much but Doom did it in such an insanely fun and addictive way.

NOCAP said:
    NOCAP said:
    Play it again 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Of course shooters are run in > clear room > next

But ive been playing Doom 2016 and it seems very one dimensional. The AI on the demons is almost non-existant. They are just meat shields that run at you