Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Grabbed FF7 Remake today. Had to.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Copped Animal Crossing and One Piece for the Switch the other day. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Holy shit Doom Eternal’s multiplayer is fucking lit. This is the first I’ve played of the game even tho I picked it up on launch day lmao. But I plan on getting all the achievements so I wanted to knock out the 6 multiplayer achievements before my XGP and XBL run out on the 20th. I don’t even play online whatsoever but this shit got me actually wanting to renew my subscription lmao.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    edited April 2020
    Holy shit Doom Eternal’s multiplayer is fucking lit. This is the first I’ve played of the game even tho I picked it up on launch day lmao. But I plan on getting all the achievements so I wanted to knock out the 6 multiplayer achievements before my XGP and XBL run out on the 20th. I don’t even play online whatsoever but this shit got me actually wanting to renew my subscription lmao.
    It's really good. I'm loving it. The single player is especially amazing. The best FPS I think I have ever played. Will most likely be my goty. I like the multiplayer more than DOOM 2016's 

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    Lou 2 and cyperpunk coming out and hes over here handing out GOTY in april. 
    Fuck LoU, it looks like shit and I have less than 0 interest in it, and it was delayed to next year. Cyberpunk looks good, but not as good as DOOM  Im a gameplay first kind of guy, and Cyberpunk's gameplay does not look as good. 

Only other games Im looking forward to this year are Shantae and the Seven Sirens, and Tamarin, and I doubt either of them will be GotY. Maybe Tamarin. Hollow Knight: Silk Song got delayed too, so that probably wont be in the running. 

But yea, DOOM: Eternal is that good. Ive already beaten it twice, and started a third run through. I've dumped 60 hours into it so far. Which is a lot for me. Its quickly become one of my fav games, and like I said is probably the best FPS of all time. 
    I'm surprisingly really liking Animal Crossing New Horizons too. But again, didnt beat out DOOM 
    I'm playing through Doom 2016 right now. I want to love it, but its okay. Its...simple i guess? Its fast and responsive but i can't imagine playing more than a few hours of this without getting bored. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    Iv heard lots of good things about eternal, but lets calm down a bit giving out goty to a Fps. 
    Iv heard lots of good things about eternal, but lets calm down a bit giving out goty to a Fps. 
    as opposed to a playable movie? k
    I loved DOOM 2016 too. Played through that one multiple times too, and never got bored. Eternal is even better. The gameplay is just perfect. When all the mechanics are working in tandem, its a work of art, and feels so good to play. 

But I guess I just like different things in games 
    Whatever year BioShock and even BioShock Infinite came out, those were GOTY. Granted those are far from standard run of the mill FPSs, but yea.
    I loved DOOM 2016 too. Played through that one multiple times too, and never got bored. Eternal is even better. The gameplay is just perfect. When all the mechanics are working in tandem, its a work of art, and feels so good to play. 

Its not that i dont like it. The multiplayer was fantastic. But the single player, while the gunplay and melee does feel good, just feels very simple. There's not much depth. I like it i just already feel myself getting bored. 
    edited April 2020

Its not that i dont like it. The multiplayer was fantastic. But the single player, while the gunplay and melee does feel good, just feels very simple. There's not much depth. I like it i just already feel myself getting bored. 
    Ironically I didnt like the multiplayer lol. It was too modern. But the single player I found fantastic. The gunplay is the best I had played, until Eternal came out and perfected the genre. 
    Whatever year BioShock and even BioShock Infinite came out, those were GOTY. Granted those are far from standard run of the mill FPSs, but yea.
    Infinite was def game of the year that year. 
    Man Need For Speed Heat is so fucking gas. Sucks that racing is a dying genre so it kinda got swept under the rug.

Batmobile Porche smokes everything smh.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Switch people add me or post your code. 

SW-5453-0343-4819

Pass the god damn butter.
    Sent request
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
    Sent a request