Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Dime said:
    Need something to play. Not home enough to start something with a big story driven narrative which are my favorite. Bummer. Might start Mario Odyssey. Been using my brothers switch and just played the original 3 games plus American Super Mario Brothers 2. 
    You don't have a console/TV otr???
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    No. It's expensive to set up and honestly I'd just be hesitant to bring my PS4 or PS3. They'd definitely get fucked up. I don't own a switch because I've never been real big on Nintendo and wouldn't play very much on it. I bring my acoustic guitar because there is an actual way to secure that and make sure it doesn't get broken. So basically I just fuck around on that and watch shit on my phone. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Dime said:
     I've never been real big on Nintendo and wouldn't play very much on it. 

Ya might be surprised on that part. There are so many fun games to play. I bought one at launch for my kids and it's become the go-to system for gaming (especially for multi-player games)
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Sorry should have been more specific. I'm just not interested in most Nintendo franchises. I really like Donkey Kong but I don't really care about Metroid, Smash, Kirby etc and get bored of Mario after a while. Come to think of it, the only time I consistently used the switch was when I was playing Cuphead. 
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Started AC Odyssey, really enjoying it so far. Only 7 hours in which ain’t shit on a game this large, but everything is solid. It truly is Origins 2.0 but I personally loved Origins and this doesn’t feel copy/paste, moreso that it took all the base mechanics of Origins and fine tuned everything. Game is fucking gorgeous too running on a One X. The draw distance and overall lack of pop-in has been blowing my mind.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    edited September 2019
    Finished New Colossus. The second half of the game is so completely different, you'd think it was made by two devs.

The first half is full of crappy level design, unnecessary story segments, wonky shooting mechanics, and oddly placed political commentary... the second half has better level design (it still suffers in some places), shooting mechanics that finally feel better (partically due to upgrades - though you can get by the entire game with just the silenced pistol for stealth parts, and then us the assault rifles for everything else - the big weapons are all useless), and a batshit off the walls B-movie esque story. 

All in all, I ended up not despising it like I did when it first came out, but still not anywhere near as good as classic Wolfenstein (like Return to Castle Wolfenstein), or newer games like DOOM 2016 or Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. But a solid 7 out of 10. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Fuck it pisses me off how many fire fucking games are coming out from now til May 2020. Too many and it hurts my wallet smh.
    You guys can flame me all you want the new Modern Warfare looks sick.
    Episode said:
    Fuck it pisses me off how many fire fucking games are coming out from now til May 2020. Too many and it hurts my wallet smh.
    For real. I dont even have time to play em all, let alone buy em all. 
    Xeno said:
     First time since World At War I've been interested
    edited September 2019
    Episode said:
    For real. I dont even have time to play em all, let alone buy em all. 
    Don’t know what your list is looking like, but:

2019:

Gears 5

Pokemon Sword/Shield (I’ll only buy 1 tho and use GTS for the other version exclusives.)

Zelda: Link’s Awakening
    Luigi’s Mansion 3
    WWE 2K20
    Doom: Eternal

*POSSIBLY* Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Looks gorgeous graphically and the game looks solid enough, but it’s EA and I said the same about the 2 new Battlefronts, so literally gonna wait on reviews and/or a rental to decide on this one.)

*POSSIBLY* COD:MW

*POSSIBLY* Death Stranding (Never liked MGS so gotta scope out how similar it is to that and also if it’s some 80-90 hour shit I may have to pass jus literally due to time constraints wit everything piled on top of it.)

2020:

FFXII Remake
    Watch Dogs: Legion
    TLOU2
    Avengers

And prolly all 4 2020 games are 50+ hours. 🤦🏻‍♂️ TLOU2 is iffy cause the first wasn’t that long campaign wise and was more like 20, but PS4 is obviously workin wit a lot more room so who knows. And I wouldn’t expect Avengers to be that long cause it’s linear like Uncharted from the gameplay that I saw, but then again it’s Square Enix, so who knows. FFXII and Watch Dogs will most definitely be odysseys tho.
    edited September 2019
    I got

2019 (already purchased):
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    Devil May Cry 5
    Amid Evil
    Gato Roboto
    Ion Fury
    Devolver Bootleg
    Metaloid: Origin
    Hedon
    Rico
    Undefeated
    Memoirs Of Magic
    Spark The Electric Jester 2
    Rage 2

2019 (still need to buy/not out yet):
    DOOM: Eternal 
    Shantae And The Seven Sirens
    Daemon X Machina
    Astral Chain 
    Metal Wolf Chaos XD
    Yoshi's Crafted World
    Mario Maker 2
    Shovel Knight: King Of Cards
    Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX
    Blaster Master Zero 2
    Wolfenstein: Youngblood
    Gears 5
    Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night
    Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair
    Dragon Marked For Death 
    Prodeus
    Wargroove
    God Eater 3
    Mordhau
    Valfaris
    GTFO
    Wrath: Aeon Of Ruin
    Nightmare Reaper
    Tamarin
    Katana Zero
    Cyber Shadow
    Blasphemous
    Scarf

2020:
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Biomutant
    Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection
    Halo Collection on PC
    Hollow Knight: Silksong
    Borderlands 3 (Steam version) 
    Bayonetta 3
    Psychonauts 2
    Hemodr
    Galaxy In Turmoil
    The Last Night 
    Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass

Def dont got the time or money for all that. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Xenoblade Chronicles HD remake for the Switch in 2020.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Dime said:
    Xeno said:
     First time since World At War I've been interested
    I still fucked heavily with MW2 and the first Black Ops. WaW was def the last classic God-tier COD game though.

Still had a lot of fun with Black Ops 2, but that was the last one I really enjoyed. This new engine and obvious inspiration from Rainbow Six and Battlefield looks right up my alley.
    I played the first two Modern Warfare games. I enjoyed the first and the second really just came from bullshitting with my cousins and trolling people online so it's more of a nostalgic thing for me. Never played the Black Ops games, I think I played Advanced Warfare for five mins, didn't play ghosts or the remasters or MW3. 
    edited September 2019
    Beat the hard adventure mode on CTR. Shit was stupid frustrating at times but honestly by the end of it shit made me feel like a God that I was able to stick that out lmao. By far the hardest thing I’ve ever beat and while it may or may not be worth the torture of it, it did make me realize I’m in the upper echelon as far as skill level, whatever that’s worth lmao.

Definitely in my top 3 of the year. Shit jus puts a fucking smile on my face even when it pisses me off. Game is jus butter smooth. And yea they definitely went beyond a Mario Kart clone. It’s better. And it’s to the point that the mechanics are so different that going back to Mario Kart yesterday bored the fuck out of me and I had to switch back. 

I’m not the BIGGEST fan of the straight up Crash Bandicoot games, but CTR is a fucking master class and deserves recognition. They consistently keep dropping A1 free DLC too so the customer support is amazing too. They did add microtransactions which does put a stain on it, but all it was was optional coins to get the unlockables faster, nothing is impossible or even too slow if you do it free, so it really didn’t phase me. I’ll never buy the coins, and I’ll never need to. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Totally missed the announcement that A Hat In Time is coming to Switch October 18, with the DLC included.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Episode said:
    Beat the hard adventure mode on CTR. Shit was stupid frustrating at times but honestly by the end of it shit made me feel like a God that I was able to stick that out lmao. By far the hardest thing I’ve ever beat and while it may or may not be worth the torture of it, it did make me realize I’m in the upper echelon as far as skill level, whatever that’s worth lmao.

Definitely in my top 3 of the year. Shit jus puts a fucking smile on my face even when it pisses me off. Game is jus butter smooth. And yea they definitely went beyond a Mario Kart clone. It’s better. And it’s to the point that the mechanics are so different that going back to Mario Kart yesterday bored the fuck out of me and I had to switch back. 

I’m not the BIGGEST fan of the straight up Crash Bandicoot games, but CTR is a fucking master class and deserves recognition. They consistently keep dropping A1 free DLC too so the customer support is amazing too. They did add microtransactions which does put a stain on it, but all it was was optional coins to get the unlockables faster, nothing is impossible or even too slow if you do it free, so it really didn’t phase me. I’ll never buy the coins, and I’ll never need to. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I saw a breakdown of the microtransactions. They've slowly been increasing the price of how many coins you need for everything. As it stands now you need to pay over $10 for ONE SKIN. Thats a third of the price of the game for ONE SKIN. And they're making it harder for you to unlock them with playing alone. 

Completely made me decide to no longer get it. 
    I got

2019 (already purchased):
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    Devil May Cry 5
    Amid Evil
    Gato Roboto
    Ion Fury
    Devolver Bootleg
    Metaloid: Origin
    Hedon