Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited September 2019
    Episode said:
    Beat the hard adventure mode on CTR. Shit was stupid frustrating at times but honestly by the end of it shit made me feel like a God that I was able to stick that out lmao. By far the hardest thing I’ve ever beat and while it may or may not be worth the torture of it, it did make me realize I’m in the upper echelon as far as skill level, whatever that’s worth lmao.

Definitely in my top 3 of the year. Shit jus puts a fucking smile on my face even when it pisses me off. Game is jus butter smooth. And yea they definitely went beyond a Mario Kart clone. It’s better. And it’s to the point that the mechanics are so different that going back to Mario Kart yesterday bored the fuck out of me and I had to switch back. 

I’m not the BIGGEST fan of the straight up Crash Bandicoot games, but CTR is a fucking master class and deserves recognition. They consistently keep dropping A1 free DLC too so the customer support is amazing too. They did add microtransactions which does put a stain on it, but all it was was optional coins to get the unlockables faster, nothing is impossible or even too slow if you do it free, so it really didn’t phase me. I’ll never buy the coins, and I’ll never need to. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I saw a breakdown of the microtransactions. They've slowly been increasing the price of how many coins you need for everything. As it stands now you need to pay over $10 for ONE SKIN. Thats a third of the price of the game for ONE SKIN. And they're making it harder for you to unlock them with playing alone. 

Completely made me decide to no longer get it. 
    Idk bout all that, but if you consistently race and especially focus on doing the daily/weekly challenges, the points to naturally unlock everything come pretty quick. Getting all the way to the top of gold tier can be a GRIND tho, but luckily they made it to where all rewards in gold are optional skins/decals/karts, and reward the major ones in Bronze and Silver. For instance, this month’s theme is Spyro. So to get Spyro as a racer, all you need to do is get enough points for the bronze tier, which is 5000. I got all 5000 in less than 2 hours. Then the top reward for gold (42,000 points) is a new alternate skin for Crunch. I don’t even use Crunch, so I don’t give a fuck about getting it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Either way tho, the way that everything was implemented has been completely fair and optional, nothing game breaking at all. People jus absolutely hate the word “microtransactions” in any way, shape, or form. Which I understand, but they aren’t gamebreaking in here like they are in 2K. In 2K you almost NEED to purchase at least $50 in coins to boost your player’s stats off the bat or you’re looking at 20+ hours of him missing 8/10 of his shots while you do a long boring grind. That’s what got me to stop buying them.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    We Gears 5 time \m/
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Friend gave me a Scuf controller. I like it quite a bit 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Gears 5 split screen campaign with the gf. Game is actually good, way better than 4
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    If I ever buy the FF7 remake I'll probably wait until they put all the episodes into a set. Which means I'll finally buy it around 2040
    imageimage
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You're being optimistic lol it's say 2055 at earliest 
    Playstation 15 will probably be out by then
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    edited September 2019
    Welp, Borderlands 3 turned out to be a disaster. Fuck Randy Pitchford, Epic Games, and 2K. 

https://www.themix.net/2019/09/report-2k-games-attempting-to-manipulate-borderlands-3-reviews/

On top of being Epic exclusive, Randy being a chode, and the banning controversy over a robot's gender - apparently it's also a broken mess of a game filled with microtransactions and band DRM. 

PS4 version apparently stutters and chugs and doesnt get above 20fps on a Pro. 

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Me and the squad been playing non stop on ps4 since Thursday night. No problems here :-?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Having a great time playing it over here.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    MW beta was lit, def getting it at release
    Haven't raged that hard at a game since I was 15 tho
    Doom Eternal delayed to 2020 
    😭😭😭😭

Big F 
    You should have seen that coming when they went ghost right after E3. 
    They havent been ghost. They had big announcements at Quakecon and have been showing new stuff on Facebook regularly. 
    Not a good sign with the delay though... Very worried at this point 
    I'd rather anyone take more time that they need to get the game right instead of releasing it earlier and it be broken af
    imageimage
    This late into development is definitely worrying though. To me that means either its really broken, and they gotta scrample for 4 months now to fix the bugs instead of focusing in the game, or Bethesda's getting involved which means some bullshit is gonna follow.