Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    In all fairness the new Yooka-Laylee looks pretty dope but since the original is 3D and I never played the first one, I’d opt for the first one even now jus cause 3D > 2D. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Didn't know there was a new one 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    I was referring to the new one just now (The Impossible Lair). 

But I platinum-ed the first Yooka-Laylee too. Its good. Not amazing. But a lot of fun, and worth playing through.

The second one is even better. It's like a modern Donkey Kong Country, but feels much better to play than Tropical Freeze. Highly recommend it. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    First one is a Banjo-Kazooie collectathon game. The second one is a Donkey Kong Country esque platforming game, with a 3D platforming puzzle overworld similar to Super Mario 3D Land. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I wish they would just make a true Banjo sequel

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    NOCAP said:
    It's called Banjo-Tooie
    imageimage
    NOCAP said:
    Yea. Maybe Microsoft will do it now that he's in Smash. 

But also check out A Hat In Time, and Mario Odyssey. They are very similar. 

And on the topic of Rare, look up Tamarin. Its ex Rare devs, and is basically a spiritual successor to Jetforce Gemini with platformer elements. Comes off looking like Conker meets Jetforce. 
    Hat in Time is one of the best games I've played in recent memeory
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Pac Man World 2 was mad underrated
    Dude. For fucking real. Still go back to that one every once in a while. It's a legitimately solid and fun platformer. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Thank christ I wasn't alone on that one. The forest level with all the bounce pads was one of the best levels I've ever played in a game. Got nostalgic value for me too since it was one of the only games my mom and stepdad would play too. My mom was weirdly good at those reverse-camera ice skating levels and would just collect lives like it was nobodys business
    Dude the jungle bounce pads still give me PTSD when I think about a 100% run in that game =)) rev rolling off the sides to grab tiny ass ledges in the volcano sections was a nightmare too. It's such an underrated gem imo. There's no random difficulty spikes and the game escalates the difficulty well as you go along to incorporate what you've learned thus far. For early PS2 it's lush and colorful and looks nice, the boss fights are fun and all the extras you can unlock in the arcade is the cherry on top. I haven't gotten sick of that game all these years later. First one was fun as well never did play World 3 actually
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    Ayo @Dime

How do you feel about that awesome fallout subscription? 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    edited October 2019
    Xeno said:
    Thank christ I wasn't alone on that one. The forest level with all the bounce pads was one of the best levels I've ever played in a game. Got nostalgic value for me too since it was one of the only games my mom and stepdad would play too. My mom was weirdly good at those reverse-camera ice skating levels and would just collect lives like it was nobodys business

That bought on an old flashback for me lol. My kid was obsessed with that game. He played it over and over again, but he couldn't beat the ice skating level. Every couple of days I'd have to beat that level for him.
    Post edited by Jobe_Wan_Kenobi on
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Ayo @Dime

How do you feel about that awesome fallout subscription? 
    Such bullshit 
    I don't know what you guys are talking about 
    Bethesda just released a $100 a year subscription plan for Fallout 76 exclusive content.
    =)))))))))) nooooo. They don't learn. I stopped paying attention a while ago. They've had so many disasters with 76 it's almost comical at this point. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I remember niggas being hyped when it was announced. Looked like a Rex transaction since jump street.