Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Or you should just get in a good band and stop bitching 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    I'd rather kill myself
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    A tribute to a festival with all tribute bands. This is where we've gotten 

Lmao whut. We haven’t “gotten” anywhere this venue has literally been doing shit like this for a decade. They have tribute bands all the time. 
    Every venue is like this. 

There are two different Slayer tribute bands headlining two separate venues on the same day on Saturday. This isnt "just the Forge", this is the current local landscape. Im just venting. 
     Oh damn two different venues out of the 1000 Chicago has you’re right we’re fucked 
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    A tribute to a festival with all tribute bands. This is where we've gotten 

Lmao whut. We haven’t “gotten” anywhere this venue has literally been doing shit like this for a decade. They have tribute bands all the time. 
    Every venue is like this. 

There are two different Slayer tribute bands headlining two separate venues on the same day on Saturday. This isnt "just the Forge", this is the current local landscape. Im just venting. 
     Oh damn two different venues out of the 1000 Chicago has you’re right we’re fucked 
    Dude, just scrolling through advertised Facebook shows. Out of 62 shows this month, 48 of them were for cover bands/tribute bands. It's that bad all over the city. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Who would have thought venues would rather stay afloat with tribute acts that bring people in vs locals that don’t 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    edited February 5
    TFW you lived in the music capitol of the world 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Call the 14 places not having cover shows. 
    Find a dive bar to play some shows at. Can’t be that hard. 
    You would rather cry though. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Call the 14 places not having cover shows. 
    Find a dive bar to play some shows at. Can’t be that hard. 
    You would rather cry though. 
    Dude, I worked my ass off trying to find shows all last year. Nobody wanted to book us. I used to send dozens of emails a week looking for shows, reaching out to venues and promoters. I was either ignored, or (in the case of places like The Forge or Reggies) flat out told "we dont book locals". I'm done. I put in the effort, it didnt work. This isnt me crying, its me pointing out how the local music scene has drastically changed. 

mrAPE said:
    Who would have thought venues would rather stay afloat with tribute acts that bring people in vs locals that don’t 
    I get that. But you dont think its at all sad?
    Starting my new 60 hour work week schedule today. Paycheck is going to look nice at least
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    emails dont work unless you have an established relationship with someone. 

At least thats how ive always seen it happen. If someone is trying to get an in with someone via e-mail that e-mail usually just gets deleted. 

Gotta build that rapport. 
    emails dont work unless you have an established relationship with someone. 

At least thats how ive always seen it happen. If someone is trying to get an in with someone via e-mail that e-mail usually just gets deleted. 

Gotta build that rapport. 
    How? Because these promoters dont even go to their own shows. I'm telling you, its a lost cause. I've tried everything
    Do I think it’s sad venues would rather have acts that bring people in? No, I just don’t go. 

I will say with age I’ve started to care less and less about locals. In my teens and early 20s I would go what felt like every other night to local shows. Over time it evolved into I have limited time given the kids, work, and other shit that I’m a lot more picky on what I go to. Hell I don’t even go to half of the stuff I like at this point because of time and money. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    mrAPE said:
    Do I think it’s sad venues would rather have acts that bring people in? No, I just don’t go. 

I will say with age I’ve started to care less and less about locals. In my teens and early 20s I would go what felt like every other night to local shows. Over time it evolved into I have limited time given the kids, work, and other shit that I’m a lot more picky on what I go to. Hell I don’t even go to half of the stuff I like at this point because of time and money. 
    Right, so why bother?
    I’m not telling you to bother rather to stop caring what venues are doing to make money as far as acts they bring in 
    Open a venue 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Start a Trivium cover band 
    I just want to complain. 

I'll be over it in a month or twoc
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Ive been watching the last couple of time Biden has been in front of a microphone, and i generlly do not know if hes going to be able to make it until November. 

I don't put too much stock in youtube videos becuase i know those can be doctored, but he recently gave a speach and was talking about meeting with the president of spain, who hasn't been the president since like 1995 or something like that. 

It was a clear sign of dementia. Hes going downhill fast as fuck. 

Me and my boss have been discussing how we think Michelle Obama could swoop in at the convention and steal the nod if she wanted to. Id be much happier with that option honestly. 
    Start my new job today.