Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    mrAPE said:
    I had a miserable week last week. Took me 3 days of sleeping almost all day to recover and feel like I had some energy. Got back to work and felt immediately drained again. I’ve started searching for a new job for the first time in 17 years. 
    It be like that. Sometimes you jus need a change of scenery.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    How do people pay that much for a fucking show
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    They aren't people that normally go to shows, erik is probably an anomaly in that crowd as someone who gives two shits about any music outside the billboard pop top 10. He's literally one of the biggest artists in the world, fans will go in debt to be able to go
    edited July 2023
    Idk if I told this story before but we were tailgating before Rammstein in september and a drunk dude crashed into a parked car right across the row from us. Dude just kept rolling until people further down the row screamed at him to stop and that he had to go back. Drunk dude slammed his car into reverse and went diagonal back at us. Mind you, I'm drunk as fuck in my camp chair turned the other way so I have no idea he's coming at us until I see my buddies further out into the roadway suddenly jump up and to the side. Around the same time that my brain registered what that meant, his rear bumper was stopped about 4 inches from my right, past where I was sitting.

Dude went home in the paddy wagon, apparently he'd been partying in the gillette parking lot since noon and this was around 6
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Should have sat 6 inches to the right 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I was always one to say I would never pay this much or that much but if a band is putting in the effort with production as well as being good live I’ll pay. I left rammstein thinking 300-500 for upfront wouldn’t have been bad and I might have even paid that. My ticket was $180 but yeah some acts are worth it. 

On a positive I made 6k off the Taylor swift since shows. Flipped for tickets swifties are wild 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I’ll give it to you, there was a bit of buyer’s remorse wit this one. Not that it hurt me financially, but this is the most I’ve ever paid for a single night show, and it’s not even a top 3 favorite situation like it was for The Weeknd. But it was a matter of, the difference in acoustics between floor and any other section is that significant at arena/stadium shows, that it’s the difference between full blown skipping it and not missing much at all; or ATTENDING. So my options for this were floor or not attending at all. But what got me about this was that it was more expensive for floor at UC than it was for a bigger venue for floor at SF. That makes zero sense to me. Weeknd is arguably bigger than Drake at this point too so it ain’t even that.

Side note; It was so nice copping them Veil Of Maya tickets after fees for like $24 total. I damn near forgot that concert tickets can be as cheap as an IMAX ticket lmaooo.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Dethklok tix were like $80 a piece and Im pissed about it
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Should have sat 6 inches to the right 
    If it had been a prius it probably would have warped around me
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    If you got the funds and really want to see someone then why not? I spent $600 on blink, $500 on dethklok/baby metal, and $400 on Dave chappelle. I spent that cause they all don’t tour much at all and definitely don’t want to miss them cause you don’t know what’s gonna happen either. 
    If you got the funds and really want to see someone then why not? I spent $600 on blink, $500 on dethklok/baby metal, and $400 on Dave chappelle. I spent that cause they all don’t tour much at all and definitely don’t want to miss them cause you don’t know what’s gonna happen either. 
    Factamundo.

There’s also this. These days the bulk of the shows I go to is full blown 3-4 day festivals. So the few one-off single day concerts are either smaller underground type names that are cheap, or top dollar gigantic names, no in-between. So when it’s only once a year or so, which it ultimately was, (The Weeknd last year, Drake this year.) I truly don’t mind too much, although it definitely is still overpriced. But fuck it, can’t put a price on memories that I’ll never forget, as cheesy as that may sound.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    $1500 for Sabbath VIP. 

Pass the god damn butter.
    Yeah. I paid 500 to basically hang out with 3/4 of tool once lol. It wasn't even a concert ticket. That was separate lol. 

I've spent probably in-between 10 and 15 k on seeing too over the years and no regrets 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    If it’s a band I really love, it doesn’t bother me though granted the most of spent on a concert ticket was like $250
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    edited July 2023
    Most I’ve doesn’t so far is $290 each for Ghost but they are ViP.  The Taylor Swift tickets were close at $250 each for lower level but those paid off in spades 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    it was every bit worth the 500 for the music clinc. they jammed 4-5 songs and talked and did a Q&A. It was pretty cool. Plus you got to pick up the poster before the festival even started. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    3 nights of cheese at red rocks is like 250 🥳
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I got a bj last night and I had to piss really bad too so idk if I kinda pee’d a little bit cause it felt like a little constant stream and not a spurt. And she said gross but never said anything to me about it so maybe she just didn’t like cum idk idc