Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Hope you plan to never watch any of it ever again then. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Nah i get it. MC doesn't get paid for the content he creates so he doesn't want anybody else to either. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    edited July 2023
    I mean, I already dont watch any American live action TV, American cartoons havent been worth watching since like 2008. I gave up on Marvel, Star Wars, and Disney really as a whole. I only casually watch DC, but Im not invested. I hate A24 horror. Game Of Thrones went to shit, Rings Of Power is shit, Walking Dead went to shit, Indiana Jones looks like shit, Vikings went to shit. Im not missing much. 

Again, maybe if they cleaned house and started hiring better writers WORTH being paid more. But as of now the paper would be better spent wiping asses. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited July 2023
    FLAT said:
    I love how you say something hasn’t been worth watching then you put up on snap some shitty B film from 1980s Japan you got to sit there and read. 
    Because they're entertaining and consistent with their writing. Is it cheesy and stupid? Sure. But its consistent. 
    You don't like tv and movies out right now so you think the record breaking profits shouldn't go to the writers and actors but instead the...movie studios? 
    What exactly has been released worth watching? Why exactly do you think writers deserve more? If these people showed the same ineptness in any other job they'd be fired
    You don't like tv and movies out right now so you think the record breaking profits shouldn't go to the writers and actors but instead the...movie studios? 
    I dont think anybody deserves the money. I think Hollywood needs to clean house and get rid of the trash
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    edited July 2023
    Lmao I got blocked by the Discussing Film Twitter page for saying I dont feel sorry for the rich actors and terrible writers on strike. 

Maybe if they werent such pretentious assholes, or didnt ruin countless franchises with their abysmal writing I'd give a shit. Hope Hollywood crumbles
    The average salary of someone in the Screen Actor's Guild is $40,000. The strike isn't for fucking Matt Damon and Tom Holland =)) it's for the small time actors, supporting actors, extras, etc. 
    Fuck em all. 
     The irony of the small time struggling musician saying this holy shit you’re dense.
    I'm not going to argue the merits of every tv show and movie on the market. Regardless of your moronic personal opinion on current tv shows and movies the undeniable fact is that people are still watching and enjoying them. They are still generating money. So...how does that money get distributed? Should movie studios continue to make billions while supporting actors make as much as someone bagging groceries down the street? 
    That'd be like if the new Megadeth album went double platinum but you thought it sucked so the record label should keep all the money lmao. 
    Dime2 said:
    Lmao I got blocked by the Discussing Film Twitter page for saying I dont feel sorry for the rich actors and terrible writers on strike. 

Maybe if they werent such pretentious assholes, or didnt ruin countless franchises with their abysmal writing I'd give a shit. Hope Hollywood crumbles
    The average salary of someone in the Screen Actor's Guild is $40,000. The strike isn't for fucking Matt Damon and Tom Holland =)) it's for the small time actors, supporting actors, extras, etc. 
    Fuck em all. 
     The irony of the small time struggling musician saying this holy shit you’re dense.
    If I was making $40,000 a year making shitty music, I hope people would call me out for it. 

I support indie artists directly. I pay for the things I think warrant making the money. Those people desrerve more money, yes. But I dont feel bad for the writers working at Netflix that wrote up their Cowboy Bebop complaining they dont make enough money. Those type of people shouldnt even have writing jobs
    Dime2 said:

Fuck em all. 
    If I was making $40,000 a year making shitty music, I hope people would call me out for it. 
    I don't think we'll ever have to worry about that
    Dime2 said:

Fuck em all. 
    I pay for the things I think warrant making the money. Those people desrerve more money, yes. 
    Not everything you watch and enjoy is indie. You like DC movies, no? Halloween, Scream, other modern horror flicks. So unless you're paying the actors and writers directly, your money is going directly in to the studios pockets instead of the people who actually created the work. That's the whole fucking point. Didn't you get a minor in business in college? Jesus christ. 
    Dime2 said:

Fuck em all. 
    I pay for the things I think warrant making the money. Those people desrerve more money, yes. 
    Not everything you watch and enjoy is indie. You like DC movies, no? Halloween, Scream, other modern horror flicks. So unless you're paying the actors and writers directly, your money is going directly in to the studios pockets instead of the people who actually created the work. That's the whole fucking point. Didn't you get a minor in business in college? Jesus christ. 
    I got a major in business. And like I said, in certain instances I agree. Neve Campbell should have been offered more money for Scream. She deserves more. Certain writers and actors, sure. But most of them do not. 

Nobody at Disney, Lucasfilm, Netflix, or DC should be fighting for more money before fixing their writing staff first. 

I do feel for the people slaving away at FX work, or sound design. The grunts stuck working on shit projects. Those people, 100%, I agree pay them more. Im not even against the strike for those people. 

Im speaking specifically about the millionare actors crying they arent making more money and the awful writers actively ruining legacy franchises. Maybe that looks like paying the good writers more, and if thats the case, yes pay the good writers more

But I beg they clean house while they're at it. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    > in certain instances you agree
    > uses the worst possible example

Its hilarious how little you understand about the strike. The strike isn't about getting Neve Campbell 4 million dollars instead of 3 million dollars in the new Scream movie. No millionaire celebrity actor is striking because of THEIR pay. Which I already said and you just chose to ignore I guess. Not every movie and TV show made is disney or netflix, you know that right? But it's a UNION. So if the little guy wants to strike, the big actors and writers have to strike too. 

Besides, if you actually paid attention you'd know that some of the biggest demands of the strike would actually improve the quality of the products and the conditions in which they are created. It's not just about getting paid more.

Hollywood has started cutting the creative process down too. A writers room on a TV show in 2023 is hired for as little as 6-8 weeks to contribute to the story of one season of a TV show. 20 years ago it averaged 8-10 MONTHS for one season. They do this so they can pay the writers less, quality of the writing be damned. You don't think that contributes to the dip in quality you've lamented about lately?

They're also trying to prevent these big studios from cutting costs even further by writing language in the next contract prohibiting AI from being used in writers rooms, which the studios are fighting back on HARD. You really think the quality of cinema would improve if Chat GPT was writing your favorite shows? 
    There are like 160,000 members of the screen actors guild. Most of them are not millionaires. A lot of them don't make a living wage. We're talking supporting actors, character actors, etc. We're not just talking about star wars. We're talking about dumb live action kids tv shows. We're talking about dramas your grandma watched after wheel of fortune is over. We're talking about smaller and less popular cinema.

But none of them deserve to get a slice of the multi billion dollar industry they contribute to because MC didn't like the new Indiana Jones movie. You sound like a fucking idiot. 
    Cool. I hope it works out and we get better quality shit then
    in the next contract prohibiting AI from being used in writers rooms, which the studios are fighting back on HARD. You really think the quality of cinema would improve if Chat GPT was writing your favorite shows? 
    Unironically, I wouldn't be able to tell a difference. Writing is abysmal these days