Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    I mean military is literally signing up to go gas innocent Syrian children, so that goes without saying.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I mean military is literally signing up to go gas innocent Syrian children, so that goes without saying.
    :||||||
    Are they not? I would never sign up on that principle alone. Because even if you are not the one that’s personally sent to do it, you are backing the overall juggernaut that does it anyways.
    All the militaries on the planet but we the only ones that ain’t evil lmfao. We’re fucking monsters. Deny it all you want.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I just had this conversation with my roommate. Fuck em. 
    Are they not? 
    Uhh no. I know any sense of nuance is lost on you but you do realize there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of people in the military who are doctors, nurses, engineers, scientists, mechanics, cooks, etc? And the majority of them are not in Syria? We have military in places like Japan, Germany, England, etc. 

The military is a bloated whale that needs its funding cut and yes our military commits unspeakable atrocities, but to say signing up for the military is signing up to gas kids is a stretch lmao. 
    even if you are not the one that’s personally sent to do it, you are backing the overall juggernaut that does it anyways.
    Since we’re picking and choosing which part to focus on.
    even if you are not the one that’s personally sent to do it, you are backing the overall juggernaut that does it anyways.
    Since we’re picking and choosing which part to focus on.
    I mean its not relevant really. This world is a fucked up place. Look at corporations and the atrocities they commit on a daily basis as well. Where do you think all that lithium came from that powers your cell phone battery? The middle east after we bombed the fuck out of them. Then a bunch of child slaves in Asia  assembled those phones and computers. I don't see you clamoring for a boycott on Apple or Samsung products. You just gave them a fat stack of cash actually. So you're a piece of shit then right? Even if you're not the one personally doing it, you're backing the overall juggernaut that does it anyway. 

Do you eat candy, cereal, use hygiene products or anything else created by Nestle or its subsidiaries? They literally steal drinking water from third world countries for a profit. 

This world is a fucking nightmare run by corporate pigs and evil politicians and its almost unavoidable to escape their influence unless you give away all of your possessions and go live in a hut in the woods somewhere. Use some critical thinking and realize that yes our military is probably full of sociopaths and high school jocks wanting to shoot brown people but there are also doctors and scientists using military funding to find cures for diseases, develop new technology, etc despite those horrible things that may happen. 
    Me buying an Apple product is nowhere near joining the military and supporting a juggernaut that slaughters millions of innocent lives.

A1 comparison tho.
    Way to duck the point entirely lmao
    Jus like you ducked mine entirely.
    Jus like you ducked mine entirely.
    Uhh I addressed it directly. You're so black and white with everything. So lets keep it going. You support companies that use child slavery, that support and profit off the same wars the military does, that result in the death of thousands, etc. Are you or are you not a piece of shit for purchasing their products? Again, you're supporting these juggernauts with your monetary support and you don't blink an eye. A little hypocritical don't you think? 
    I’m not signing up to be a part of the organization directly responsible for the slaughter. Nor am I, or will I ever be, a patriot. Plain and simple.
    I’m not signing up to be a part of the organization directly responsible for the slaughter.
    Yeah, you just donate to them directly \m/
    Yea, except I don’t. 🤘🏻
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Send Apple more money. You financially support slave labor. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Wear basically any shoe. You financially support slave labor. 

We can go down this rabbit hole if you want, even tho it’s not even remotely close to what I was talking about.

Buying products that have shady practices behind them =/= signing up to be a member of a juggernaut that commits genocide.
    So murder =/= child slavery. But its still somehow ok to support child slavery. Got it. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    My shoes were made in Oregon so... no. 

You don’t have to support slavery and give your money to juggernaut corporations. They hire private military groups to protect their minerals. Even shadier. 

You ever see a coltan mine? This is how you got that shiny new laptop. Tell me again how fast it is. 

Pass the god damn butter.