Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    They were Luke's guardians in the first Star Wars movie. They got burned alive basically and all you saw was their skeletons singed like that. You've seriously never seen Star Wars?

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers

My fucking sides =)) =)) =)) =)

Dude, I was playing Fallout: New Vegas and I took the Wacky Wasteland perk (makes you see crazy random shit at points in the game). Got to this town burning up by the Legion. The perk kicks in and there were two dead bodies under a burning building and when you scroll over them it says Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru =))

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    SATAN said:

Cool

Didn't hit Atlanta so I didn't even know about it. I still know from experience that Pantera were extremely undervalued during their later years

Ok? That has nothing to do with what you said though. Dime wasnt playing in that bar because Pantera wasnt popular. Dime was playing that bar because Damageplan sucks.

kill_monicaa said:

SATAN said:

kill_monicaa said:

http://www.songkick.com/artists/288216-pantera/gigography?page=6

2001 US arena tour with Nothingface

Cool

Didn't hit Atlanta so I didn't even know about it. I still know from experience that Pantera were extremely undervalued during their later years

Ok? That has nothing to do with what you said though. Dime wasnt playing in that bar because Pantera wasnt popular. Dime was playing that bar because Damageplan sucks.

Fine. I guess I can agree with that

I still really really really think their popularity has been grossly overstated because of his death, but it's really something you would've had to experience firsthand to understand. When he died and everyone jumped on the dick, it was sickening. Especially the way people worship him now. People in the know knew he could rip, but he was far from a household name. I prolly couldn't name 5 people that knew what his name was before he died. Phil was the only "name" member of Pantera. When Pantera were in bloom, most of the popular metal bands didn't even have guitar solos so that shows how much the typical metal fan cared about guitar work at the time. Regardless, it has nothing to do with how I, myself felt about Pantera because they were my absolute favorite band for most of my teenage years. I was into them before 'Walk'. I still have a magazine with a write up on them from just after 'Vulgar Display' was released. I saw very tour that hit Atlanta. The years since have helped sour my opinion of them. Like most fans, I didn't even know about the 80s cheese albums until prolly 2000 or so and then the albums that all members have done since the breakup have ranged from meh to embarrassing. I think it says a lot that even though Damageplan sucked, they were leaps and bounds better than this awful Hellyeah crap Vinnie is shitting on me with. But Hellyeah not only has a more celebrity supporting cast for Vinnie, they are pulling slots on major tours while Damageplan was mostly just the Abbotts and some roadies shuffling along the typical washed-up club route. If Pantera were such a gigantic draw at tge end, it seems like it would be the other way around. Newsted has been out of Metallica for more than a decade now, but he gets better slots than Damageplan was and he wasn't really even an important member of Metallica

I'm not really interested in continuing this argument though. It's pointless. Pantera with Wylde would sell out arenas. Phil and Rex know that and they prolly need the cash at this point. Vinnie prolly doesn't because his buttrock band is doing just fine in that aspect. Since he already has grudges against Phil because of the shit Phil was talking before Dime's death and against Rex for what Rex said in his book, it's unlikely for the reunion to happen. I think Phil and Rex are trying to hype people into this with the live Pantera songs. I think the metal media is feeding right into it. I don't think it's gonna matter to Vinnie unless there's a contract put in front of him that he can't say no to. Personally I don't really care. I even asked my friend that went to half the old Pantera shows with me and he said he wouldn't go either. This is only really interesting to people that didn't have the opportunity to see them before

• Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Vinnie's a douche, Hellyeah blows.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

yup that's pretty much it

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    SATAN said:

Ky disagrees

Nobody gave a fuck when they broke up. Everyone was distracted with Limp Bizkit. There's a reason he was playing in a hole in the wall in Ohio. If Shitknot broke up today, you think you'd be catching Corey playing little crap venues?

That hole in the wall is one of the best venues I have ever been to. 

You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy

yeah I agree the dick jumping was sick 

Cobain, 2Pac and B.I.G's deaths were the same

Nirvana were fading. 'In Utero' was alienating 'Nevermind' fans with it's noise. Him wearing dresses on stage was pushing away the still-largely homophobic American population at large

2Pac was known more for his antics than his music when he died. Since there was little hip hop radio when he died, most of his "hits" were mtv sensations after his death

B.I.G was a New York rap also-ran. Nobody considered him in the same division as peers like Wu-Tang, Nas or even Mobb Deep. Diddy marketed his death for his own gain and got everyone in the dick nice and tight

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

Death has done that since the beginning of time doe, nuthin new 

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

Satan's off the deep end with the Biggie shit.

Pass the god damn butter.

Nah

What? He had 'Big Poppa'? That's it. He was no icon before he died. All that shit came later

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

So I got fucked up a few times with my boss and other counselors and everything was a-ok when we were doing lifeguard training in a city like 70 miles away, then my boss buys us 5 or 6 bottles of wine that we bring back to our home base in Dupree, we done get turnt, and I get yelled at by 2 of my supervisors for being too fucked up. this shit is shit

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Xenocide said:

So I got fucked up a few times with my boss and other counselors and everything was a-ok when we were doing lifeguard training

"stay safe this summer: watch your kids around lifeguards"

I love winning with women
    Xenocide said:

So I got fucked up a few times with my boss and other counselors and everything was a-ok when we were doing lifeguard training

"stay safe this summer: watch your kids around lifeguards"

not on the clock doe...

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

going into genuine concert withdrawal right now

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

mastodon/gojira was like a month ago for you.